Mr Trump - All discussion here

Whilst I follow your critique of the Donald - his source may or may not have been the daily fail - but as I understand it a Dr Martin Griffiths made the comments as to his hospital being likened to an Afghan war zone by some of his colleagues who worked at camp bastian in Afghanistan. Said Dr has invited the donald to visit when he graces us with his presence later this year - just what the Met Police wanted at the moment - I would imagine all police leave has been cancelled already and forces across the country will be sending officers to support the Met when they have to deal with the inevitable

protests at his visit.

I am sure there will be many who can educate (try to) the President that having more and more guns is not the answer; as his own country demonstrates daily.

the daily mail was mentioned as a possible source that mr orangehead may have got the info from

the daily mail was mentioned as a possible source that mr orangehead may have got the info from

Indeed it was; no surprise. Not sure why the daily fail would be thought of by the yanks as the go to source for accurate information.

The BBC had the Dr's quotes.

A 17 year old boy was shot dead in London yesterday, and the mother of the victim was on the news calling for an end to the violence. It says so far 60 people died from knife and gun shot injuries in London alone this year. If these numbers are correct who are we to call America’s gun crime and Mr Trump when we can’t even put our own house in order. Its disgusting and I don’t think our politicians have any idea how to handle the situation.

How many people with knife injuries, who survive go to hospitals in London each week? There must be days when these hospitals look like a war zone, with all the walking wounded who go there for treatment.

When it’s on the news that there is a murder in London, it doesn’t shock anymore it’s part of every day life.

A 17 year old boy was shot dead in London yesterday, and the mother of the victim was on the news calling for an end to the violence. It says so far 60 people died from knife and gun shot injuries in London alone this year. If these numbers are correct who are we to call America’s gun crime and Mr Trump when we can’t even put our own house in order. Its disgusting and I don’t think our politicians have any idea how to handle the situation.

How many people with knife injuries, who survive go to hospitals in London each week? There must be days when these hospitals look like a war zone, with all the walking wounded who go there for treatment.

When it’s on the news that there is a murder in London, it doesn’t shock anymore it’s part of every day life.

A guy on tv who is helping to cut gun and knife crime has a son who's locked up for murder,if he can't control his own son what chance does he have with strangers?

Indeed it was; no surprise. Not sure why the daily fail would be thought of by the yanks as the go to source for accurate information.

The BBC had the Dr's quotes.

the right wing seek out right wing publications to back up their views

---------- Post added 07-05-2018 at 12:31 ----------

so theres been 60 (gun and knife deaths), it is an epidemic yes, and theres no easy solution, BUT looking at http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Theres been 19.907 gun incidents in the US this year so far, with 4945 deaths, thats just guns.

that includes 86 MASS shootings and even 567 unintentional shootings (even unintentional dwarfs any here and if guns wern't legal that just be almost nil?)

Edited by melthebell

Why we take stick from American presidents, god only knows, what with Obama on our EU membership and Trump on UK knife crime, tell him to swivel Theresa, no more hand holding. ;)

Stop being jealous.

Please, you're embarrassing yourself.

He is richer than you.

So what? I have everything I need - and I earned it honestly.

More popular than you.

Highly debatable.

More well known than you.

An even bigger 'so what?'.

Done way more with his life than you.

Highly debatable.

Just live with it and move on with YOUR life and stop obsessing about a man whos life you want but cant have.

Thanks for the cod philosophy bs. But no thanks. Have you considered trying for a job inventing pseudo-philosophical garbage for the interwebs?

so theres been 60 (gun and knife deaths), it is an epidemic yes, and theres no easy solution, BUT looking at http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Theres been 19.907 gun incidents in the US this year so far, with 4945 deaths, thats just guns.

that includes 86 MASS shootings and even 567 unintentional shootings (even unintentional dwarfs any here and if guns wern't legal that just be almost nil?)

For context, it's worth pointing out that Trump's suggestion for dealing with knife crime in the UK was to let people carry guns.

For context, it's worth pointing out that Trump's suggestion for dealing with knife crime in the UK was to let people carry guns.

exactly, swap knife crime for gun crime :hihi:

He was speaking at an NRA rally so everything about guns is good

Quite so. Thus highlighting once again what a colossal idiot he is.

exactly, swap knife crime for gun crime

He was speaking at an NRA rally so everything about guns is good

Quite so. Thus highlighting once again what a colossal idiot he is.

Or, better, what colossal idiots the NRA are. Doesn't any speaker in the USA usually ensure that the audience hears what it wants to hear?

I've been on holiday for a week but come back and I'm reading lots online about how his approval rate is going through the roof. Something along the lines of 60 percent of people (or more can't remember) are happy with the direction of America currently.

Great news. I think the US is a stable country.