Mr Trump - All discussion here

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I know very little about American politics and don't follow it. 

You probably should if you're going to comment on it.

But one thing bothers me which I  have never seen explained. 

Trump won an election, so presumably a lot of Americans voted for him.

Why?  What was it they saw in him that made them vote for him?

Like the Tories here, they blamed people's economic problems on 'others' and made promises they new they would not be able to keep nor had any intention of keeping. Add to that pandering to the extremist religious right.

The only answers I've ever seen are in the 'all Americans are idiots' vein.

It's not "all Americans are idiots". Those criticising Trump voters know that, even when he won in 2016, more people voted for the Democrats than for him.

I also happened to be watching live footage of the invasion of the White house in the early hours of the morning as it was happening. They were interviewing some of the participants. They were normal, educated, erudite, articulate and peaceful, in fact the very opposite of loud, baying, violent mob who were shown on all the later broadcasts as being the typical protesters.

A bit of bias creeping in do you think, to undermine and discredit the protesters message?  

- Which was. . . .? 

Think about it. If you were a journalist entering the Capitol building with a group of people intent on violently preventing the results of the election being implemented, with people who had even been calling for Trump's vice president to be hanged for failing to agree to prevent the handover of power, would you ask challenging questions of the most violent of them knowing your safety relied on them not turning nasty against you? Or would you ask soft soap questions of the calmer ones?

On 14/08/2022 at 13:52, trastrick said:

If she plays ball with the Swamp, she'll be OK.

She's presently at the Brooklyn Detention Center awaiting the outcome of her Appeal.

But the Judge in her case, has already recommended she serve her sentence at the Danbury, Conn. low security facility. The facility also has an adjacent satellite prison camp that houses minimum-security female offenders.

She'll have access to sports facilities, educational, legal research,  and vocational programs (Culinary Arts, Floral Design and Horticulture) as well as a liberal visitation program for family and friends. As a celeb with finacial reach, she'll be treated as such by the staff.

If she doesn't keep her mouth shut, (think model prisoner) all these perks can be denied her.

Then in a couple years, when the MSM has forgotten Epstein, (wasn't he that Hollywood jerk?) COVID, Afghanistan, Ukraine, et al, quietly given day parole, then commutation of sentence.

Similar to the criminals walking the streets free today, like would be assassin, John Hinkley Junior, and former domestic terrorists, esconced in some of the nations distinguished colleges.

She knows what she has to do!  :)

Play the game!

No grass they say it works wonders . If you are in the big league, and she is 

It's getting more and more bizarro out there, folks..

Now they have taken away Trump's passport!

That, like the raid on his home, and Malenia's closert, should only be done, with a search warrant, ACCOMPANIED, by an Arrest Warrant containing a criminal charge.

They are looking for "evidence" that would justify a criminal charge.

How does a citizen defend himself from that?

How many citizens could stand 6 years of phony Russian Collusion hoaxes, phony Secret Trump Tower Servers to Moscow Banks,  Special Prosecutors, endless Congressional "Investigations". multiple Impeachments, and kangaroo courts.

Now the Media are gleefully telling us the the FBI are investigating possible violations of the ESPIONAGE ACT.

No charges but getting that word out there sends a powerful message to the World!

Trump has the money to hire lawyers to defend himself, and his family, from such hoaxes, but if it were you or I?

Meanwhile Hunter is still flying around on Air Force One, with daddy!  :)

18 hours ago, Anna B said:

I know very little about American politics and don't follow it. But one thing bothers me which I  have never seen explained. 

Trump won an election, so presumably a lot of Americans voted for him.

Why?  What was it they saw in him that made them vote for him? 

The only answers I've ever seen are in the 'all Americans are idiots' vein.

I also happened to be watching live footage of the invasion of the White house in the early hours of the morning as it was happening. They were interviewing some of the participants. They were normal, educated, erudite, articulate and peaceful, in fact the very opposite of loud, baying, violent mob who were shown on all the later broadcasts as being the typical protesters.

A bit of bias creeping in do you think, to undermine and discredit the protesters message?  

- Which was. . . .? 

One thing you should understand is that Trump voters are not necessarily "Trump lovers".

74,000,000 U.S. citizens voted for the policies they preferred,  and Trump was at the top of that Republican ticket.

Likewise, I don't believe that all the folks who voted for Biden, are neccesarily "Biden lovers".

He just happens to be at the top of the ticket of the Party, that would promote their preferred political policies.

All the rest is propaganda.  :)

Alleged Voter Fraud allegations aside, those 74,000,000 voters DO think the election was "rigged", by the Democrat Party and their Media pals, who for 6 years pushed a series of hoaxes like Russian Collusion, Secret Trump Tower Servers, MAGA HAT Racists, and years of Special Prosecutor Investigations, 2 failed Impeachments, and endless Congressional (partisan mob) Investigations into Trump, his family, and anybody associated with him.

They were labeled "deplorables" by Hillary, which is language from pre WW2 German politics.

They are really ****** at the Democrats right now!

I believe they have good reason to be!

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

It's getting more and more bizarro out there, folks..

Now they have taken away Trump's passport!

That, like the raid on his home, and Malenia's closert, should only be done, with a search warrant, ACCOMPANIED, by an Arrest Warrant containing a criminal charge.

Entirely incorrect :?

An "arrest warrant" is not a required to conduct a search, for obvious reasons.

The warrant contains the charge/reason for the search, which has been widely publicised.

They are looking for "evidence" that would justify a criminal charge.

To "support" a criminal charge... of course they are!

That's what investigations are for! :loopy:

How does a citizen defend himself from that?

By not claiming you don't have the evidence in question, in a legally binding statement, and then leaving it lying around? :loopy:

How many citizens could stand 6 years of phony Russian Collusion hoaxes, phony Secret Trump Tower Servers to Moscow Banks,  Special Prosecutors, endless Congressional "Investigations". multiple Impeachments, and kangaroo courts.

Hillary for one... way more investigations, all baseless, for far longer :?

Now the Media are gleefully telling us the the FBI are investigating possible violations of the ESPIONAGE ACT.

Note: the Espionage Act does not qualify the need for any documents to be "classified" at all. Merely possession of them outside of a secure government mandated facility is a crime. :?

No charges but getting that word out there sends a powerful message to the World!

Sure, the same one *any* investigation into *anything* does.. if you've potentially committed a crime, you should expect to be investigated. :roll:

Trump has the money to hire lawyers to defend himself, and his family, from such hoaxes, but if it were you or I?

If it's a hoax there would be no evidence to find :?

Meanwhile Hunter is still flying around on Air Force One, with daddy!  :)

Oh dear... so sad, never mind.

Edited by Magilla

Lol

I've lived long enough to learn that there's always two sides to a narrative.

Lord protect us from those who can only see one side, as the recieved wisdom and truth!

Have a nice day!  :)

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Lol

I've lived long enough to learn that there's always two sides to a narrative...

...but not long enough to understand how investigations, or the justice system, work.. apparently :roll:

Trump is being investigated as a result of his own actions, not a narrative.

Lord protect us from those who can only see one side, as the recieved wisdom and truth!

Ah cool, so you can see why the investigation, and search, were fully justified given the circumstances, Trumps own actions, and subsequently the evidence found...

...not a hoax by any stretch of the imagination! :thumbsup: :roll:

Edited by Magilla

On 15/08/2022 at 14:00, trastrick said:

I referred to William's "part" in 

He's also  innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law.

Unfortunately, to hear the MSM, he did play a "part" in the scandal, that involved the sexual abuse of minors. 

I don't think Prince William ever met Epstein, let alone has been accused by the MSM of playing a "part" in the scandal involving the sexual abuse of minors. Hence my point about your libelling him by saying he'd been held to account. Perhaps you could provide some links demonstrating what you claim the MSM has said.

20 hours ago, Magilla said:

...but not long enough to understand how investigations, or the justice system, work.. apparently :roll:

Trump is being investigated as a result of his own actions, not a narrative.

Ah cool, so you can see why the investigation, and search, were fully justified given the circumstances, Trumps own actions, and subsequently the evidence found...

...not a hoax by any stretch of the imagination! :thumbsup: :roll:

The voters will decide if the time and money spent on all these 6 years of investigations, was "justified", in November.

As I said, the voters are P****d with this stuff.

The so-called Republican, darling of the Left, Liz Cheney, who's running this latest Hollywood produced show, got booted out of political office last night, by the voters.

Edited by trastrick

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The voters will decide if the time and money spent on all these 6 years of investigations, was "justified", in November.

As I said, the voters are P****d with this stuff.

This stuff has been going on for decades, mostly initiated by Republicans...

...you're already crowing over the next one, before it's even started. :loopy:

You should tell the GOP it ****** off voters, since they have already promised a new raft of them if they do well in the midterms.

If your claim is true, then they're about to commit election suicide for 2024! :roll:

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The so-called Republican, darling of the Left, Liz Cheney, who's running this latest Hollywood produced show, got booted out of political office last night, by the voters.

She can hold her head high, stood by her principles of respect for the constitution, and rule of law.

Rare for Republicans these days... history will be kind to her.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3603880-alec-baldwin-compares-liz-cheney-to-an-american-navalny/

...Baldwin has his own issues, but on this he's not wrong.

Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers — but he keeps hearing ‘No’

Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

The struggle to find expert legal advice puts Trump in a bind as he faces potential criminal exposure from a records dispute with the National Archives that escalated into a federal investigation into possible violations of the Espionage Act and other statutes.

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

Looks like all those years of not paying his bills has finally caught up with him.

54 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The voters booted her out for two reasons. The first was because she voted to impeach Trump when he was still president and the second was because she didn't agree with Trump's view that the presidential election which fairly lost was fixed.  It's a worry that so many republican supporters believe Trump's view that the election result was fixed.

That

And the fact that she is colluding with the opposition to try to prevent him running for office again!

There are many voters who believe that 6 years of unending legal persecution, by the entire government law enforcement agencies, and Congress, and their best lawyers in the business, (who have yet to come up with a criminal charge) together with the Media promotion of Clinton Campaign financed Russian Collusion Cospiracy theories, Secret Trump Tower Servers to Russian Banks, MAGA Hat racism, Bribery, Obstruction of Justice etc, is "fixing" an election.

Likewise, the MSM supression of news reports about Hunter Biden's sudden and unexpected wealth, from the Ukraine, Russia, and China, as detailed on his abandoned laptop,  and the signing by 47 "former intelligence" officials, who invoked "Russian Misinformation". leaves voters with no faith in Media reports.

The Obama's FBI had to forge an email to get a FISA Warrant, to spy on his campaign in the first place, so there's no trust that this latest witchhunt into the handling of "secret documents" (which he has always had access to during his Presidency anyway). They took away his passport, since returned, after public outrage. But mention "Espionage" and an inferred "flight risk" in the same report, and the Media's job in done!

The Democrats are like a drug addict, seeking some kind of "fix", so they go from one, "unidentified source" hearsay allegation, to the next. The more they come up empty, the more desperate and outrageous become the allegations.

They, and their Media pals, are now deperate to save face.

Yesterday it was "armed insurrection", today it's the Espionage Act, tomorrow, who knows?

Meanwhile, the voters are seeing criminals running the streets, looting at will, and killing each other and innocent bystanders, an unenforced open border for illegals, rampant inflation, a real War in Europe, and another one threatening in Asia.

Trump is still an innocent civilian, and should be treated as such. No one is above the law, and no one should be below the law.

The voters appear to believe it's time for a change of government priorities.

So do I.

Will it happen?

As the wise old sage always says, "We will see"!

11 minutes ago, altus said:

Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers — but he keeps hearing ‘No’

Looks like all those years of not paying his bills has finally caught up with him.

Lol

"said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity".

That old saw is getting stale, after 6 years of same old, same old.