Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Me too, but a move like that wouldn't surprise me and I think the democrats would be wise to expect this and plan accordingly.

I agree,   just hope for America and world peace sake, Trumps spoilt Brat is kept at arms lenght. 

45 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think that place will be needing a seriously deep clean on the 20th January.

2 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

I think that place will be needing a seriously deep clean on the 20th January.

Some would say since 2017 😎

Edited by Longcol

I don't know Trump (obviously,) and I haven't been following his campaign, but I don't like the man.

That's because everything I've gleaned from the media has been unrelentingly bad.

And that makes me suspicious.

Any man with the business acumin to amass a fortune, beat Hilary Clinton at her own game, gain the votes of nearly half the population, and promises to 'Drain the swamp' must have something to recommend him. I don't know what it is because it's never been mentioned, or more to the point, discussed. 

Hurling insults like 'The man's a tangerine moron,' is not political debate, and is disrespectful (not to Trump - I couldn't care less about that, see how well I've been conditioned?) but to the voters of America, who have the right to be listened to, and have their concerns addressed.

Sounds far too much like the biased mauling Corbyn got. I know the politics are the other way round and Trump is the Republican choice, but I think 'draining the swamp' is the clue. That might not be to the swamp dwellers liking, and they've made it their business to keep Trump out, by hook or by crook.

On 07/11/2020 at 20:11, Cyclecar said:

A President cannot pardon himself.  So Trump resigns, and Pence becoms President for two months. He pardons Trump............(*)

The "Trumpeters" will harass Biden mercilessly for the next four years. Whether DJT or a clone runs in 2024 the sore will stiill be open.....

But, on a serious note, the various states need to agree a better way of counting postal votes, from whatever party. The prolonged hiatus was unacceptable. 

Added: Allegedly.....Unpaid tax c. £100m. , Trump business debts, due to mature in less than five years, carrying his personal guarantee c.£1bn.,  DOJ investigation into banking fraud in New York state.....   He neeeds more than a winning lottery ticket. 

And you can (allegedly) add to that - alimony. Apparently Melania wants out as soon as he leaves the White House. Can't say I blame her, it must be hell in there!

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't know Trump (obviously,) and I haven't been following his campaign, but I don't like the man.

That's because everything I've gleaned from the media has been unrelentingly bad.

And that makes me suspicious.

Any man with the business acumin to amass a fortune, beat Hilary Clinton at her own game, gain the votes of nearly half the population, and promises to 'Drain the swamp' must have something to recommend him. I don't know what it is because it's never been mentioned, or more to the point, discussed. 

Hurling insults like 'The man's a tangerine moron,' is not political debate, and is disrespectful (not to Trump - I couldn't care less about that, see how well I've been conditioned?) but to the voters of America, who have the right to be listened to, and have their concerns addressed.

Sounds far too much like the biased mauling Corbyn got. I know the politics are the other way round and Trump is the Republican choice, but I think 'draining the swamp' is the clue. That might not be to the swamp dwellers liking, and they've made it their business to keep Trump out, by hook or by crook.

That "fortune" of Trump? You might want to look into that, a bit.  For starters. You should eventually make it to his (relatively-recently published) tax returns.

Far from draining it, men like Trump dig the swamp in the first place.

At times, you truly are a walking posting advertisement for populism, Anna. A little more critical thinking, please.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Any man with the business acumin to amass a fortune,

Might be worth looking into how he did that.

The lasting impact of Donald Trump’s bankruptcies and failed business

https://medium.com/the-innovation/the-lasting-impact-of-donald-trumps-bankruptcies-and-failed-business-f1750f5927a8

Donald Trump’s Business Plan Left a Trail of Unpaid Bills

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454

The Trump campaign has racked up over $1 million in unpaid bills from US cities

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-racked-up-1-million-unpaid-bills-us-cities-2019-10?r=US&IR=T

58 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Sounds far too much like the biased mauling Corbyn got. I know the politics are the other way round and Trump is the Republican choice,

You are the only person I've encountered who has tried to draw any sort of comparison between Trump and Corbyn. Not even his critics have tried to draw that comparison.  

58 minutes ago, Anna B said:

but I think 'draining the swamp' is the clue. That might not be to the swamp dwellers liking, and they've made it their business to keep Trump out, by hook or by crook.

except there isn't a swap a few muddy puddles perhaps but thats all. the whole "swamp" thing is just an illusion.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

That "fortune" of Trump? You might want to look into that, a bit.  For starters. You should eventually make it to his (relatively-recently published) tax returns.

Far from draining it, men like Trump dig the swamp in the first place.

At times, you truly are a walking posting advertisement for populism, Anna. A little more critical thinking, please.

You should know by now how I feel about tax dodgers and Corporate bosses like Trump. IMO they are all only where they are because of some dodgy dealings and a ruthless lack of conscience. (Apologies to any who are squeaky clean out there, if there are any but I doubt it.) Trump certainly fits the bill. As I said I do not like the man, much less have any respect or admiration for him.  

But I do have respect for voters of any persuasion, to be able to expect a fair and clean election and have worthy representation. Anywhere in the world.

How a man like Trump got where he is, is interesting to say the least, and should be of concern to all who run America. Nevertheless, his claims, however outragious they may seem, should be investigated. We live in a time of spin, propaganda, outright lies, cover-ups and power grabs by any means fair or foul. Anybody who thinks this doesn't happen are naive to say the least. He's the poacher turned gamekeeper. He knows where the bodies are buried, he is powerful in his own right, that's why they had to make sure he didn't win. If all was above board they have nothing to fear, nothing to hide. IMO Politics could do with a good clean up. Trump, strangely enough, might be the only one who can force it.

Edited by Anna B

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You should know by now how I feel about tax dodgers and Corporate bosses like Trump. IMO they are all only where they are because of some dodgy dealings and a ruthless lack of conscience. (Apologies to any who are squeaky clean out there, if there are any but I doubt it.) Trump certainly fits the bill. As I said I do not like the man, much less have any respect or admiration for him.  

But I do have respect for voters of any persuasion, to be able to expect a fair and clean election and have worthy representation. Anywhere in the world.

How a man like Trump got where he is, is interesting to say the least, and should be of concern to all who run America. Nevertheless, his claims, however outragious they may seem, should be investigated. We live in a time of spin, propaganda, outright lies, cover-ups and power grabs by any means fair or foul. Anybody who thinks this doesn't happen are naive to say the least. He's the poacher turned gamekeeper. He knows where the bodies are buried, he is powerful in his own right, that's why they had to make sure he didn't win. If all was above board they have nothing to fear, nothing to hide. IMO Politics could do with a good clean up. Trump, strangely enough, might be the only one who can force it.

Total rubbish.