Jump to content

Mr Trump - All discussion here

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The popular vote is irrelevant because in states like California there is no incentive for Republican voters to bother turning out when the Democrats always win there. What is relevant is the votes in the swing states. Trump has done better in Florida this time when the polls were predicting the democrats would win easily. It's not really a surprise that whoever wins the popular vote in a two horse race will record more votes than in previous elections.                   

A win is a win. And with the win goes the democratic mandate.

 

So, of course Biden will have credibility if he wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, altus said:

Of course, the same applies to Democrat voters in always Republican states.

 

The popular vote might not mean much in terms of who gets to be president but it certainly gives whoever that is more credibility, which is what was being discussed, if they also got more votes than their opponent rather than relying on the electoral college.

Yes of course it works both ways, but California has by far the most electoral seats with 55.  In the current circumstances only a big win for Biden would give him much credibility while a narrow win for Trump would be more credible for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Yes of course it works both ways, but California has by far the most electoral seats with 55.  In the current circumstances only a big win for Biden would give him much credibility while a narrow win for Trump would be more credible for him.

It also has the highest population per voter - meaning it takes more votes for each of those representatives than in any other state. Rural Republican voting states such as Wyoming have as much as 3 times as many seats per voter.

 

I'm not sure why you think Trump failing to win the popular vote and relying on the electoral college has more credibility than Biden winning both the popular vote and the electoral college (despite it's bias in favour of Republicans due to the over representation of rural states).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, altus said:

It also has the highest population per voter - meaning it takes more votes for each of those representatives than in any other state. Rural Republican voting states such as Wyoming have as much as 3 times as many seats per voter.

 

I'm not sure why you think Trump failing to win the popular vote and relying on the electoral college has more credibility than Biden winning both the popular vote and the electoral college (despite it's bias in favour of Republicans due to the over representation of rural states).

I stand by my comment the popular vote is irrelevant.

 

If it wasn't for Covid-19 Trump would have easily won the election and been in the White House for four more years. Regardless of how badly Trump has handled the Covid pandemic he has been unlucky that it has happened on his watch.  Covid-19 is the reason why any victory for Trump will have more credibility for him than a narrow victory for Biden. The fact we still don't know who will be US President next year makes Biden a  weak President if he does win the race to be in the White House. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I stand by my comment the popular vote is irrelevant.

 

If it wasn't for Covid-19 Trump would have easily won the election and been in the White House for four more years. Regardless of how badly Trump has handled the Covid pandemic he has been unlucky that it has happened on his watch.  Covid-19 is the reason why any victory for Trump will have more credibility for him than a narrow victory for Biden. The fact we still don't know who will be US President next year makes Biden a  weak President if he does win the race to be in the White House. 

And yet in many other countries Covid-19 has cemented the popularity of the incumbent, if they've handled it competently, or at least not incompetently - think Jacinda Ardern.

 

Funny that Trump is Making America Great Again by claiming that its electoral system is corrupt, as if it were some banana republic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I stand by my comment the popular vote is irrelevant.

 

If it wasn't for Covid-19 Trump would have easily won the election and been in the White House for four more years. Regardless of how badly Trump has handled the Covid pandemic he has been unlucky that it has happened on his watch.  Covid-19 is the reason why any victory for Trump will have more credibility for him than a narrow victory for Biden.

Unless you are going to play in parallel universes then you will never know what might have happened. 

 

Trump might have handled this better. People might or might not choose to vote based on his performance.

 

You can only play the hand you are dealt and hope for the best.

32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

he fact we still don't know who will be US President next year makes Biden a  weak President if he does win the race to be in the White House. 

That's always the case though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's at it!  Accusations of fraud, vote fixing ect,  just seen it on ITV News,  I new it would be a bumpy ride with this jerk, who ever likes this bloke must be nuts, he is a real bad egg.  :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listened to Joe Biden's speech.

Very dignified, inclusive and measured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Just listened to Joe Biden's speech.

Very dignified, inclusive and measured.

 Completly agree,.   A real Gentleman not a Gangster, like his opponent.  What a Clown to state, we did win this election . 

Edited by PRESLEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the news now....so apparently Trump wants to go to the courts to order the ballot counters to stop counting votes that people have already cast so that he can win?
How would that even be legal? Wouldn't it be considered some kind of vote tampering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Just listened to Joe Biden's speech.

Very dignified, inclusive and measured.

The exact opposite of Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Watching the news now....so apparently Trump wants to go to the courts to order the ballot counters to stop counting votes that people have already cast so that he can win?
How would that even be legal? Wouldn't it be considered some kind of vote tampering?

in a normal world you would think so, but it IS america

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.