Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Mr Trump - All discussion here

Recommended Posts

The virus - or more importantly the impact of the virus on the US economy - will see the end of Trump.   For the last few years he has been able to cite a booming economy and soaring stock market as due to him, even though they weren't.  Big business and those who benefited despised him, but looked away given the boom.  That no longer plays.

 

His entire reelection strategy this year would have been to claim credit for the economy.  He quite literally has nothing left.

 

Dead man walking.  And once he is out of office, him and his family and the hangers on will start to face legal proceedings related to issues like the inauguration funds misuse, tax issues, abuse of the Trump Foundation etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bendix said:

The virus - or more importantly the impact of the virus on the US economy - will see the end of Trump.   For the last few years he has been able to cite a booming economy and soaring stock market as due to him, even though they weren't.  Big business and those who benefited despised him, but looked away given the boom.  That no longer plays.

 

His entire reelection strategy this year would have been to claim credit for the economy.  He quite literally has nothing left.

 

Dead man walking.  And once he is out of office, him and his family and the hangers on will start to face legal proceedings related to issues like the inauguration funds misuse, tax issues, abuse of the Trump Foundation etc.

 

 

Disagree, he appeals to the American voters  and that is all that matters. He still will be able to point to the economy and unemployment etc before the virus. What can the opposition cite that they would have done different? 

 

Big businesses hate him anyway before or after he got elected, the media hated him, the critics hated him. 

 

He still won despite the opposition having the previous incumbent as an incredibly popular President and the opportunity for a first female president.

 

He will win again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"People are dying who have never died before"

 

Donald J. Trump, 18 March 2020

 

His support base deserve every last bit of Covid-19 pain coming their way through his presidential prowess. The US gene pool badly needs it, tbh.

 

Had to LOL at hearing the Mexicans asking him to hurry up a bit with building his wall :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, L00b said:

"People are dying who have never died before"

 

Donald J. Trump, 18 March 2020

 

His support base deserve every last bit of Covid-19 pain coming their way through his presidential prowess. The US gene pool badly needs it, tbh.

 

Had to LOL at hearing the Mexicans asking him to hurry up a bit with building his wall :D

Nobody throughout the world deserves Coronavirus and to suggest otherwise is abhorrent. 

 

You'd probably think the same of Brexiteers deserving Coronavirus. 

 

Youve mention Schadenfreude previously. Well think on what you say.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Nobody throughout the world deserves Coronavirus and to suggest otherwise is abhorrent. 

 

You'd probably think the same of Brexiteers deserving Coronavirus. 

 

Youve mention Schadenfreude previously. Well think on what you say.....

 

 

I read Loobs comment about the pain resulting from the Corona virus situation rather than wishing the actual virus on anyone.

Anyway,Boris is looking positively statesman like in comparison to Trumps utterances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I read Loobs comment about the pain resulting from the Corona virus situation rather than wishing the actual virus on anyone.

Anyway,Boris is looking positively statesman like in comparison to Trumps utterances.

Fair enough but I would still not wish that on anyone. People are dying as a result of this illness and to justify circumstantial pain for voting for someone is still disgusting. 

 

Has any politician in any country got a handle on this virus? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, L00b said:

"People are dying who have never died before"

 

Donald J. Trump, 18 March 2020

 

His support base deserve every last bit of Covid-19 pain coming their way through his presidential prowess. The US gene pool badly needs it, tbh.

 

Had to LOL at hearing the Mexicans asking him to hurry up a bit with building his wall :D

Maybe, after he has finished playing at trying to be a politician, this geezer could become a comedian, like two of his predesessors(cant spell that), both named Bush!!

 

The guy is HILARIOUS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Delayed said:

Nobody throughout the world deserves Coronavirus and to suggest otherwise is abhorrent. 

Nice strawman. Stay classy.

19 hours ago, Delayed said:

You'd probably think the same of Brexiteers deserving Coronavirus. 

 

I think the same of both electoral bases (and few more, eg Bolsonaro's): after wallowing in anti-intellectualism, and voting repeatedly to put the architects and facilitators of Brexit into power, lastly with giving them an enormous Parliamentary majority 2 months ago, like Trump's electorate they deserve the fruits of their hard voting labour. Otherwise known as assuming one's adult choices and decisions.

 

Schadenfreude stops being a thing, when those to be mocked are being killed by those who deceived them. These deceivers happen to be your current Coronavirus Cabinet, by the way.

 

Here's to hoping all the snake oil peddling incompetents like Trump, Johnson and their ilk are rightly put to political pasture, after their measure is taken very clearly and very publicly by this crisis.

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Trump had previously said the defence order was not necessary, because companies were voluntarily converting their operations to help fight the spread of coronavirus.

But on Friday he said in a statement: "The virus is too urgent to allow the give-and-take of the contracting process to continue to run its normal course."

Earlier in the day he took to Twitter to complain that GM lowered the number of ventilators they had promised to deliver from 40,000 to 6,000 and had wanted "top dollar."

On Twitter, he criticised GM chief executive Mary Barra, saying things are "always a mess" with her at the helm of the Detroit-based auto manufacture.

 

This Guy is comedy Gold. Comedy that keeps on giving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dropout said:

Mr Trump had previously said the defence order was not necessary, because companies were voluntarily converting their operations to help fight the spread of coronavirus.

But on Friday he said in a statement: "The virus is too urgent to allow the give-and-take of the contracting process to continue to run its normal course."

Earlier in the day he took to Twitter to complain that GM lowered the number of ventilators they had promised to deliver from 40,000 to 6,000 and had wanted "top dollar."

On Twitter, he criticised GM chief executive Mary Barra, saying things are "always a mess" with her at the helm of the Detroit-based auto manufacture.

 

This Guy is comedy Gold. Comedy that keeps on giving.

But also dangerous, irresponsible, capricious, selfish and thick as two short planks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  •  
20 hours ago, dropout said:

Mr Trump had previously said the defence order was not necessary, because companies were voluntarily converting their operations to help fight the spread of coronavirus.

But on Friday he said in a statement: "The virus is too urgent to allow the give-and-take of the contracting process to continue to run its normal course."

Earlier in the day he took to Twitter to complain that GM lowered the number of ventilators they had promised to deliver from 40,000 to 6,000 and had wanted "top dollar."

On Twitter, he criticised GM chief executive Mary Barra, saying things are "always a mess" with her at the helm of the Detroit-based auto manufacture.

 

This Guy is comedy Gold. Comedy that keeps on giving.

Halibut posted "But also dangerous, irresponsible, capricious, selfish and thick as two short planks."

 

Aye, maybe so.....? And, the lucky old North Americans have this Cartoon Character for the Next 5 years too!

Comedy GOLD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.