Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

Why exactly is that racist? Because someone dared to criticise a non-white person?

No, because he told four democratically elected women of colour to go back to their own country. If you can't see this as racist, you're probably racist.

Nancy pelosi has been criticised by the 4 women in question and has criticised them but hasn't stooped to this level. 

Oh and have you seen the video (albeit an old one) of trump partying with Epstein and a load of young women? You'll need a shower afterwards - grubby doesn't do it justice.

The most powerful man in the planet behaving like this means we are in extremely dangerous times. He is the most dangerous leader since the 1930s and I’ve got no doubt of that now.

He is normalising hate and racism, and he has tens of millions of idiots enjoying every second of it.

Where is this going next?

I think Bush was worse than Trump by a good margin.

Being a racist tool is much better than being a mass murderer.

So Trump is the most dangerous leader of one country since the one before the last one.

Omars seeming marriage to her brother wasn't incestuous, it seems as though it was done for tax reasons (if indeed it happened).  I like both her and AOC.

He’s a fascist. End of

I think this sums it up well:

Hateful-Four-DT-600.jpg

I would say he does show fascist tendencies.  However, the most damaging aspect of fascism, the use of violence both within and outside the nation's borders, has not been apparent in Trumps reign.

In the absence of this key aspect, fascism isn't that bad.  Trump is rude, nasty and stupid.  He seems to have slowed the American war machine though, something that I don't believe Hillary would have done.

Has voting Trump saved lives across the world?

23 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I think this sums it up well:

Hateful-Four-DT-600.jpg

Indeed

People of colour using their democratic right to challenge wrongs in their own country, being targeted for it by a corrupt president who is backed by white supremacists.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

The most powerful man in the planet behaving like this means we are in extremely dangerous times. He is the most dangerous leader since the 1930s and I’ve got no doubt of that now.

He is normalising hate and racism, and he has tens of millions of idiots enjoying every second of it.

Where is this going next?

To the next step after the cartoon above: "send her home"

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1151643937632935936

Expect more of the same as the US Presidential race revs up, and in the UK as the next Brexit deadline closes in.

It's inevitable, so long as populo-nationalist rethoric remains the core political currency of the day.

History shows that this is consistently so, everywhere and anytime you care to look.

Edited by L00b

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Indeed

People of colour using their democratic right to challenge wrongs in their own country, being targeted for it by a corrupt president who is backed by white supremacists.

What wrong was being challenged when Rashida Tlaib talked about her claiming feeling when thinking about the holocaust?  She also described having just celebrated the holocaust.

From the cartoon, the only comment not open to quite well founded accusations of fascism is AOC.

16 minutes ago, L00b said:

To the next step after the cartoon above: "send her home"

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1151643937632935936

Expect more of the same as the US Presidential race revs up, and in the UK as the next Brexit deadline closes in.

It's inevitable, so long as populo-nationalist rethoric remains the core political currency of the day.

History shows that this is consistently so, everywhere and anytime you care to look.

And history shows us that fascist moments always end up on the wrong side of history.

Everything far right or far left ultimately always fails.

Trump hasn’t got several million ‘problem’ citizens. He has almost 100 million people of other ethnicities.

He will fail hard.

5 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

What wrong was being challenged when Rashida Tlaib talked about her claiming feeling when thinking about the holocaust?  She also described having just celebrated the holocaust.

From the cartoon, the only comment not open to quite well founded accusations of fascism is AOC.

Nothing, I’m not saying anybody shouldn’t be challenged. That is fine. Wrapping that challenge in racist attacks is not fine.

Ahh ok, that's not how it came across to me, purely based on you responding to the cartoon.

I agree with you.

27 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

What wrong was being challenged when Rashida Tlaib talked about her claiming feeling when thinking about the holocaust?  She also described having just celebrated the holocaust...

... which, of course, is a misrepresentation of what she actually said.  This usually turns out to be the case when these accusations are chucked around.

She was saying that she gets a calming feeling because her ancestors created a safe haven for the Jews.  Whether or not that is historically correct is irrelevent, by the way - the fact remains that she's been represented.

Full quote below, available all over the world wide web and easy to fact check before joining in and perpetuating the lies.  Just saying, James.

Tlaib: Absolutely. Let me tell you — I mean, for me, I think two weeks ago we celebrated, or took a moment I think in our country to remember, the Holocaust. And there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust in the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways had been wiped out, and some people’s passports — I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right?, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them.