Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Was it now?

Looks to me like, as a series of 3 tweets, they were worded with to convey exactly what Trump wanted to convey. See for yourself:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1150381395078000643

Yes it was. The tweet was poorly worded. Meaning I'm sure he could've not responded or responded with something less diversive.

Do you think it wasn't poorly worded?

34 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Was there a specific mention of country in his tweet or could been have referring to city, town, village etc?

Stop trying to defend outright racism.

4 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yes it was. The tweet was poorly worded. Meaning I'm sure he could've not responded or responded with something less diversive.

Do you think it wasn't poorly worded?

No I don't think these tweets are poorly worded.

If you're a Trump supporter, I can easily understand the discomfort which such plainly-written and clear racism would cause you, wishing that he had written his hateful opinion with 'more care' (:rolleyes:).

If you're not a Trump supporter, I'm not sure how you can conceive of these tweets as being 'badly written': they're written in plain English and crystal clear in their meaning.

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Stop trying to defend outright racism.

Lucky for me I'm not trying to defend it. I questioned the tweet intially because I hadn't seen it and I know you have an obsession over trump so wanted to get a clearer picture before I make an opinion.

It's clearer an inappropriate tweet

Just now, Delayed said:

Lucky for me I'm not trying to defend it. I questioned the tweet intially because I hadn't seen it and I know you have an obsession over trump so wanted to get a clearer picture before I make an opinion.

Can you not bring yourself to call it what it is? It's racist.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Can you not bring yourself to call it what it is? It's racist.

What difference does it make? You and others are doing enough of that already. Trump doesn't know I exist so me saying it's racist on Sheffieldforum will not change anything. 

12 minutes ago, Delayed said:

It's a racist tweet. Unambiguously racist.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's a racist tweet. Unambiguously racist.

Ok just for my satisfaction how many times does that need to be said before discussion moves on?

Just now, Delayed said:

Ok just for my satisfaction how many times does that need to be said before discussion moves on?

Really until he resigns or at the very apologies for it. Surely everyone - apart from racists, they get a free pass I suppose - needs to condemn it. Especially his supporters  unless of course they agree with it. Do you agree with these tweets?

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Really until he resigns or at the very apologies for it. Surely everyone - apart from racists, they get a free pass I suppose - needs to condemn it. Especially his supporters  unless of course they agree with it. Do you agree with these tweets?

No I don't agree with them. Unless you think me saying they are inappropriate is me agreeing

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

No I don't agree with them. Unless you think me saying they are inappropriate is me agreeing

You arent saying theyre racist. Half of tweets are inappropriate- this is racist. Do you think they aren't racist?

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

You arent saying theyre racist. Half of tweets are inappropriate- this is racist. Do you think they aren't racist?

See post 3509