Mr Trump - All discussion here

5 hours ago, ricgem2002 said:

another triumph for trump :thumbsup:

yup hes best of friends with a dictator, theyre suited to each other :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen the recent Trump rape claim by a women called  E Jean Carroll?

I just heard about it in the last few days myself and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the accusation.

50 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

I just heard about it in the last few days myself and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the accusation.

He lied (what a surprise) about never having met her - despite a photograph showing them together. I think it's probably true.

17 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He lied (what a surprise) about never having met her - despite a photograph showing them together. I think it's probably true.

Assuming that you are right what do you think should happen about it?

1 hour ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Given that he has already publicly stated that if you’re rich or a celebrity you are free to sexually assault women, and given that it is extremely unlikely that she made it up, on a balance of probabilities it is very likely that he did rape her.

There is very little that can be done about it as far as any criminal proceedings are concerned as there is a Statute of Limitation on many sexual offences in the US. Most of my american friends find it bizarre that the likes of Glitter, Dave Lee Travis and Rolf Harris have been jailed for offences committed 40 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Assuming that you are right what do you think should happen about it?

If he did rape her - or anybody else - I'd like him to be tried, convicted and jailed. But I think it's unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that he has already publicly stated that if you’re rich or a celebrity you are free to sexually assault women, and given that it is extremely unlikely that she made it up, on a balance of probabilities it is very likely that he did rape her.

There is very little that can be done about it as far as any criminal proceedings are concerned as there is a Statute of Limitation on many sexual offences in the US. Most of my american friends find it bizarre that the likes of Glitter, Dave Lee Travis and Rolf Harris have been jailed for offences committed 40 years ago. 

Bold.

Ive never understood the reasoning for that. Surely if a crime was committed then the amount of time that passes should be irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If he did rape her - or anybody else - I'd like him to be tried, convicted and jailed. But I think it's unlikely to happen.

Thats the $64,000 question though but I agree, if he did it then he should face trial.

1 minute ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Thats the $64,000 question though but I agree, if he did it then he should face trial.

As TCH has pointed out, he's got form - on balance, I believe the women.

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

As TCH has pointed out, he's got form - on balance, I believe the women.

Yep there have been MANY accusations levelled at him, some sound credible, some sound like wild allegations intended to damage Trumps credibility.

1 hour ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Ive never understood the reasoning for that. Surely if a crime was committed then the amount of time that passes should be irrelevant.

The reasoning for it is that after a certain length of time, evidence, memory, witness availability is so diminished as to make it very unfair to try someone.

An example would be the plice knocking on my door and saying that I’d robbed the Xtal Peaks Wilkos yesterday afternoon. I would say to them that I didn’t rob Xtal Peaks Wilkos because I was in Darfield having a pint with Ian McMillan. They speak to Ian McMillan. Case closed.

Now if the plice came knocking at my door and told me that I had robbed Xtal Peaks Wilkos  on the 17th January 1992, I know that I hadn’t, but given that I couldn’t remember where I was on that date, I’d be unable to provide an alibi even if one existed.

I personally don’t think there should be a Statute of Limitations on any crime (except possibly certain financial crimes) but that is the reasoning for it.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The reasoning for it is that after a certain length of time, evidence, memory, witness availability is so diminished as to make it very unfair to try someone.

An example would be the plice knocking on my door and saying that I’d robbed the Xtal Peaks Wilkos yesterday afternoon. I would say to them that I didn’t rob Xtal Peaks Wilkos because I was in Darfield having a pint with Ian McMillan. They speak to Ian McMillan. Case closed.

Now if the plice came knocking at my door and told me that I had robbed Xtal Peaks Wilkos  on the 17th January 1992, I know that I hadn’t, but given that I couldn’t remember where I was on that date, I’d be unable to provide an alibi even if one existed.

I personally don’t think there should be a Statute of Limitations on any crime (except possibly certain financial crimes) but that is the reasoning for it.

Thanks for explaining. I guess it does make some sense but like you I don’t think there should be a Statute of Limitations on most crime. Especially something like rape or sexual assault,