Mr Trump - All discussion here

A lot of good people dodged the draft because of that stupid Vietnam war including Muhammad Ali,who simply refused to go and lost his livelihood and almost his freedom. Thousands came up to Canada and many stayed to become citizens. I don't like Trump any more than most of you guys, but he is doing what he said he would do in his electioneering, If you want to blame somebody, blame the people who voted for him and that stupid electoral college that swung it his way.

You miss the point.

A lot of good people dodged the draft ,but the good people didn’t then go on to become warmongers,prepared to sacrifice others but not themselves.

neither Clinton or Trump were draft dodgers really.

but it has to be said, that of the two of them accused of this, Clinton, so far, was the only one to commit actual criminal offences, while in office. Bearing false witness, or perjuring himself is one thing that Clinton was undoubtedly guilty of. That I myself would have probably voted for him regardless and that Clinton had a 60% approval rating on leaving office, doesn't alter that.

neither Clinton or Trump were draft dodgers really.

but it has to be said, that of the two of them accused of this, Clinton, so far, was the only one to commit actual criminal offences, while in office. Bearing false witness, or perjuring himself is one thing that Clinton was undoubtedly guilty of. That I myself would have probably voted for him regardless and that Clinton had a 60% approval rating on leaving office, doesn't alter that.

Criminal acts seem to run in the Clinton family LOL

Seems his trade "wars" going well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44945112

US to give farmers $12bn trade war bailout

But industry groups that represent agriculture, as well as politicians from agricultural states, criticised the relief as a short-term solution to a self-inflicted problem.

"Time and time again I've heard from farmers that they want trade, not aid," said Senator Ron Johnson, a Republican from Wisconsin.

"Instead of throwing money at a problem we've helped create, the better option is to take action to make it easier for our farmers - and manufacturers - to sell their goods at fair prices to consumers around the world."

pure idiocy

Seems his trade "wars" going well.

Over 60% of US soya bean production is sold to China.

Last month a million tonnes of soya bean exports were cancelled as China instead decided to buy from Brazil. How long before US soya bean farmers realise that Trump is actually jeopardising their livelihood rather than supporting it?

Another tantrum :hihi:

Melania's Air Force One TV Tuned to CNN:-

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-threw-a-tantrum-after-seeing-an-af1-tv-tuned-to-cnn.html

Melania has hit back though, she'll watch whatever the hell she likes ;)

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 11:15 ----------

Over 60% of US soya bean production is sold to China.

Last month a million tonnes of soya bean exports were cancelled as China instead decided to buy from Brazil. How long before US soya bean farmers realise that Trump is actually jeopardising their livelihood rather than supporting it?

This will probably have more of an effect than soya bean...

Coca-Cola says it's raising soda prices after Trump tariffs

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/398926-coca-cola-raises-soda-prices-due-to-tariffs

Mr Trump and Juncker have agreed to work together for zero tariffs. It looks as though Trumps retaliation action towards the EU may have worked.

Did Juncker go cap in hand to The White House for a EU and US trade deal? I do hope so.

So far it looks as though Kim Jong Un is keeping to his agreement.

Well done to Mr Trump.

Can you explain why?

.. Trump told the american people that he knew nothing about it.

Trump Jr. testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that his father didn't know about it.

Cohen would be Trumps (or at least Trump Jr's) version of "that dress", either way it would be very very bad for Trump it he did know and sanctioned it.

Yep, that is certainly a win for Trump. Well done.

Edited by Magilla

Mr Trump and Juncker have agreed to work together for zero tariffs. It looks as though Trumps retaliation action towards the EU may have worked.

Did Juncker go cap in hand to The White House for a EU and US trade deal? I do hope so.

Wishful thinking on your part.

China's retaliation against Trump's tariffs included buying agricultural produce elsewhere instead of the US. This created a domestic problem for Trump, hitting his Farming support base hard - so much so that he's announced $12billion in subsidies for them.

With soybeans in particular, China has switched to buying them from Brazil instead of the US - particularly hurting US farmers. Juncker said the EU could buy more soybeans and Trump jumped on this as a way to placate his farming supporters. The thing is, the EU don't buy soybeans - companies in the EU do, so Juncker can't promise the EU would buy more. Notwithstanding that, EU companies are likely to buy more US soybeans, but only because the price of them has plummeted.

The only thing Juncker has really promised is to not put import tariffs on soybeans.

In exchange, Trump has promised not to increase tariffs on EU auto exports to the US.

Given the respective values of the exports concerned (soybeans vs autos) it's obvious to me who got the better of the meeting.