Mr Trump - All discussion here

Just now, Magilla said:

The lie is what he was saying before that, and the claims of proof....

Trump stokes 'birther' conspiracy theory about Kamala Harris:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53774289

That sounds an awful lot like precisely the sort of thing you were whining about earlier? :rolleyes:

"Lock her up"?

The stolen election whopper?

Now you are dissembling!

"The lie was something he said  earlier and the claims of proof....."

So give us "the lie he said earlier"

It's OK, we can wait!  :)

He started his public lying in office with the ludicrous claim it was the biggest inauguration crowd.

And that it literally did not rain on his parade.

13 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Now you are dissembling!

"The lie was something he said  earlier and the claims of proof....."

So give us "the lie he said earlier"

It's OK, we can wait!  :)

Oh dear, the desperation is getting palpable now! :hihi: :thumbsup:

"There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't like."

"He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. And I'll tell you what, I brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he was born in this country."

"He doesn't have a birth certificate, or if he does, there's something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me -- and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be -- that where it says 'religion,' it might have 'Muslim.' And if you're a Muslim, you don't change your religion, by the way."

"I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding ... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility ... then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."

"A lot of people do not think it was an authentic certificate. ... Many people do not think it was authentic. His mother was not in the hospital. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if you would report it accurately I think you'd probably get better ratings than you're getting."

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."

"Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."

"Well, I don't know -- did he do it? ... Well, a lot of people don't agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn't a proper certificate."

...just the tip of the iceberg!

*ALL* of them on par with the stuff you were whining about earlier when aimed at Trump!

So..

"Lock Her Up?"

Stolen election?

Edited by Magilla

Yes,but other than all that and what HIS investigators found he said was damning but he never released.

It's just plain silly to even try and defend this cause.

Just now, Magilla said:

The lie is what he was saying before that, and the claims of proof....

Trump stokes 'birther' conspiracy theory about Kamala Harris:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53774289

That sounds an awful lot like precisely the sort of thing you were whining about earlier? :rolleyes:

"Lock her up"?

The stolen election whopper?

You know it's bad when the feigned ignorance starts! :hihi:

Does having to feign memory loss, in a desperate attempt to avoid discussing them count? :P

Huh?

Lol

31 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Academics?

I am shocked!

Piffner is an "academic", also a prolific author,  who is in the business of selling books. He knows how to give his audience what they want. Lol

There's huge, hungry audience for this stuff!

Speaking of "audiences":

I briefly perused the treatise And found it not very well researched, even for "academics". Lol

One "lie" stands out!

"we had the biggest audience in the history of inaugural speeches” (Kessler 2017). Photographs of his inauguration, substantiated by records of Metro trips, demonstrated that the crowd was much smaller. By the estimates of professional crowd scientists, Trump’s crowd was about 160,000, much smaller than President Obama’s inauguration crowd of more than 1.8 million in 2008 and smaller than the approximately 470,000 at the Women’s March the following day (Gillin 2017; Wallace and Parlapiano 2017). At the president’s behest, Trump’s press secretary, Sean Spicer, told reporters that the crowd was “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period.”

Now here's the deal:

Trump and Spicer are talking about biggest "audience" and your wonderboy is talking about "crowd sizes".

With me so far?

Across the World, more TV's, computers, smart phones. improved streaming bit rates in the 8 years between 2008 and 2016.

I'd bet you and I watched it on a TV or computer. In the DR I watched it with a crowd of ex-pats and locals on a restaurant big screen TV that they never had back in 2008.

Still with me?

When the TOTAL "AUDIENCE" for the inauguration is taken into consideration, here's what some smart tech folks say"

Tech Stream

"Trump’s inauguration broke live video streaming records"

Sarah Perez@sarahintampa / 5:18 PM AST•January 23, 2017
https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/23/trumps-inauguration-broke-live-video-streaming-records/

"Though some cried while others cheered, both sides tuned into to watch President Trump’s inauguration in sizable numbers – record-breaking numbers, in fact. The event has broken new ground, becoming the largest, single live news event that content delivery network Akamai has ever hosted, the company says, following an analysis of its live video data."

Politico

"Was Trump's inauguration the most-streamed of all time?"

Jan 23, 2017 — In general, video streaming has been on the rise over the past decade, while linear TV viewership (people watching TV live on their television ...

https://www.politico.com › blogs › on-media › 2017/01

In Sean Spicer’s first official daily press briefing on Monday, he said that when you factor in people who streamed President Donald Trump’s inauguration online, it would make it the most-watched presidential inauguration in history.

He has a point, but it is one that is almost impossible to prove. The reason? TV ratings and online streaming metrics are not an apples-to-apples comparison, so there is no easy way to calculate exactly how many people watched the inauguration online in a way that is comparable to TV viewership data released by Nielsen.

"live streaming technology has improved to the point where networks are simply able to handle the higher bandwidth today than they were eight years ago.

It is fair to assume that streaming numbers for Fox News improved in 2017, just as its linear TV viewership improved, but Fox has not made those numbers available, and again, there is no easy way to compare them directly to TV ratings.

That lack of transparency and lack of apples-to-apples comparison means that it is essentially impossible to know whether enough people watched Trump’s inauguration online to overtake Obama’s in 2009, which also had some substantial online streaming.

Bottom line:

Your "academic" boy is obsessed with crowd sizes which has little to do with "total audience". That's a liberal education fer ya!

Verdict: sleazy way to try to prove a point! Failed!

Case Dismissed.

Now excuse me while I take my daily walk along a palm fringed beach, and maybe a cold beer later in the shade, with good company!

Feel free to talk among yourselves!  :)

Edited by trastrick

15 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Now excuse me while I take my daily walk along a palm fringed beach, and maybe a cold beer later in the shade, with good company!

Feel free to talk among yourselves!  :)

Yet here you are, wasting endless hours arguing with strangers on the Internet.  Give yourself a break lad;  even I take a couple of days off from time to time.

22 hours ago, butlers said:

I'm cringing on your behalf.

Just about short of " the dog ate my homework"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722.amp

Here's some homework for you.

Write out 100 times, "I will not post a URL link that goes nowhere, without checking that it works!"  :)

Yes is does now.

It wouldn't open in 3 different browsers, and a separate device (Iphone) when I tried it. Must have been a glich at their end.

My sincere apologies for ever doubting your cut and paste intelligence!  :)