Mr Trump - All discussion here

Only 12 days left for Trump, family and friends? to head for the nuclear bunker and enter the code. Hope those behind the scenes have managed to change it before the megalomaniac imploded

So under the possibility of impeachment,the call for enacting of the 25th amendment and widespread criticism,Trump has been forced to try to dissociate himself from his more rabid supporters.

It increases the chances of a more measured exit from his Presidency .

Many Republicans in office now see that their slavish support of Trump is toxic and are trying to put some distance from him.

Its a bit late in the day as he should have been called out so many times over his lies and rhetoric.

I don’t subscribe to the theory that there was a massive support for Trump as an individual.

He hijacked the Republican Party and consequently was assured of a substantial share of the vote.

It is now down to that party to put its own house back in order and consign the Trump aberration to history.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

I don’t subscribe to the theory that there was a massive support for Trump as an individual.

He hijacked the Republican Party and consequently was assured of a substantial share of the vote.

It is now down to that party to put its own house back in order and consign the Trump aberration to history.

It has exposed the utter venality of a lot of Republicans, who seem to have been willing to go along with what they knew was a horror show in order to maintain their own power. I would say it's shocking, but we are seeing something similar in the UK, with cabinet posts held by people who only have them out of loyalty to Johnson, certainly not out of any real ability or talent. What happened with Trump should be a warning of where we are heading when we select politicians based on who or what they are against - or even hate - rather than on what they can actually do for us. The "govern" appears to be falling out of the concept of government. 

Edited by Delbow

Trump announces today that he won't be attending Joe Biden's inauguration, somehow don't think he'll be missed.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

Trump announces today that he won't be attending Joe Biden's inauguration, somehow don't think he'll be missed.

as long as his rabid, radicalised fanboys / girls stay away too

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

as long as his rabid, radicalised fanboys / girls stay away too

i would have thought there would be a stronger and more visible law enforcement presence for that

Edited by andyofborg

4 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

i would have thought there would be a stronger and more visible law enforcement presence for that

only for Antifa...oh wait, i meant Democrats, yeah i meant Democrats

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

only for Antifa...oh wait, i meant Democrats, yeah i meant Democrats

well there will be a lot of democrats there

There are moves to try and impeach him again and prevent him from standing for public office again. Worry is Donald Trump junior spouting the same mantra is waiting in the wings 

And now the fawning  Trump sycophancy of May, Johnson, Patel and Gove a few years ago says it all we need to know about the Tories' moral "compass."