Mr Trump - All discussion here

20 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Damn right, If the protestors weren’t predominantly white males they wouldn’t be within a mile of the Capitol and if they were they’d be getting tear gassed or battered.

Indeed. According to twitter the defence department has denied a request for the national guard to be deployed.

If this was happening in South America it would be called a coup.

There were plenty of National Guard out for the George Floyd protests in DC. Funny, that. See, I would say that this shows what a thin veneer liberal democracy is. It's useful to those in charge while it gives us the illusion of having a real say in what happens, but they are quite prepared to take it away if that suits them better. We are allowed a limited amount of influence, but the power that grants that can also take it away.

From The Guardian

The Washington Post is now reporting that the defense department has denied a request from DC officials to deploy the national guard to the US Capitol.

The defense department is currently led by acting secretary Christopher Miller, who was appointed in November, after Donald Trump abruptly fired Mark Esper.

The situation at the Capitol has made it clear that the US Capitol police need more assistance, and those watching the situation are starting to ask why help hasn’t arrived.

If things carry on like this Miller is going to find out just how seriously the people he's nominally in charge of take their oath of allegiance to the constitution (not the president).

Also:

The Democratic governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, said he was sending National Guard troops and state troopers to DC to respond to the violent situation at the Capitol.

So it looks like Miller's attempt at supporting them will fail.

And now:

A senior spokesperson for the Pentagon confirmed that the DC National Guard has been mobilized to address the violent situation at the Capitol.

The spokesperson, Jonathan Hoffman, also said the acting defense secretary, Christopher Miller, has been in contact with congressional leaders.

It looks like the people Miller is nominally in charge of have had a word.

Edited by altus

shocking scenes, they are traitors NOT patriots, its also been said an improvised explosive device has been found.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

shocking scenes, they are traitors NOT patriots, its also been said an improvised explosive device has been found.

At the Republican HQ, since safely detonated. The Democratic HQ has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found there too.

In happier news, the Democrats have won both contested Georgia senate seats so they will now control both houses during Biden's presidency and he won't be hampered like Obama was for much of his terms by Mitch McConnell blocking everything.

Edited by altus

On 01/11/2020 at 14:00, XXTickerXX said:

Even the leftist media know this is no landslide for Biden..

...and it turns out, by Trumps own definition of 'landslide', they were wrong! :?

The National Association of Manufacturers urges Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Trump early:

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/532987-manufacturing-group-calls-on-pence-to-seriously-consider-invoking-the

Edited by Magilla

America = LA LA Land.....

Absolute craziness going on in that country....

If the law and armed forces don't get a grip on this quickly it will spiral out of control in other cities right across America....

Trump and the ones behind him that we won't ever see or hear from are destroying democracy and for what chaos....

Someone needs to hang the American flag upside down because that country is in distress......

China and Russia must be rubbing their hands together in glee....

I wonder if any of the posters who were singing Trump's praises at the start of this thread, would care to sing his praises now?

They do seem to have withered away, for some reason....

On 29/10/2017 at 14:27, alex2017 said:

i like him and everything he stands for, i wish he was our PM as well

Very droll :hihi:

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

There were plenty of National Guard out for the George Floyd protests in DC. Funny, that. See, I would say that this shows what a thin veneer liberal democracy is. It's useful to those in charge while it gives us the illusion of having a real say in what happens, but they are quite prepared to take it away if that suits them better. We are allowed a limited amount of influence, but the power that grants that can also take it away.

would you like an illiberal democracy?

The woman from the mob who was shot at the doors of the Senate ,has died.

Trump just tweeted

Edited by butlers

One thing that jumped out at me was the police inaction. I've seen more US police action arresting an unarmed black man during a routine traffic stop than I saw on Capitol Hill tonight. Something is rotten in the USA.

Could Donald Trump be charged with incitement?