Mr Trump - All discussion here

44 minutes ago, Litotes said:

No evidence of cheating - just fake news... but that has been par for the course for the Trump administration.

Did you read the article? There was definitely an attempt to cheat - it was just that those arrested were Trump supporters with fake ballots.

3 minutes ago, altus said:

Did you read the article? There was definitely an attempt to cheat - it was just that those arrested were Trump supporters with fake ballots.

Or was it an attempt to discredit the whole thing? Maybe they let themselves be caught?

A President cannot pardon himself.  So Trump resigns, and Pence becoms President for two months. He pardons Trump............(*)

The "Trumpeters" will harass Biden mercilessly for the next four years. Whether DJT or a clone runs in 2024 the sore will stiill be open.....

But, on a serious note, the various states need to agree a better way of counting postal votes, from whatever party. The prolonged hiatus was unacceptable. 

Added: Allegedly.....Unpaid tax c. £100m. , Trump business debts, due to mature in less than five years, carrying his personal guarantee c.£1bn.,  DOJ investigation into banking fraud in New York state.....   He neeeds more than a winning lottery ticket. 

Edited by Cyclecar
update

6 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

A President cannot pardon himself. ...

Are you sure? I've read enough different opinions to suggest wiggle room and I can certainly imagine Justice Kegger having a good go at coming up with some interpretation that will give the go ahead from the Supreme Court,  But it's likely irrelevant anyway because, as you say, President for a day Pence would do the job.

As for the delay in vote counting, you can thank DeJoy for slowing down the mail and allowing troves of ballots to stagnate somewhere en route; Republican-assigned count monitors in some states who apparently challenged just about every ballot; and the Republican legislature in Pennsylvania and elsewhere who wouldn't allow postal ballots to be counted earlier.

22 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Or was it an attempt to discredit the whole thing? Maybe they let themselves be caught?

I'm not sure Trump supporters think that far but in either case attempting to discredit the whole thing is still cheating. :)

22 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

But, on a serious note, the various states need to agree a better way of counting postal votes, from whatever party. The prolonged hiatus was unacceptable.

The Republicans in many states blocked the counting of early and mailed in votes before the polls has closed because they didn't want it to look like the Democrats had an early lead. Trump wouldn't have been able to steal the election by saying "I've won, stop the counting" if that had happened.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Not a landslide.  Not a blue wave.  Trump's on his way out, but this wasn't a defeat of Trumpism at all.  Far too close.  Four years' worth of sewage spewing from the White House and too many Americans, again, looked at that and thought 'yes, I'll have some of that, thank you very much'.

Trump will be dumped by the GOP like the trash he is now he's reached the end of his usefulness; they've got the tax cuts, the judges and the Supreme Court for a generation.  They'll start looking for a successor, someone who can do the policies but without the clown car; an authoritarian with a slick facade.  Tom Cotton, possibly.  I wonder, though, if the base will still demand the spectacle, in which case a Trump Jr 2024 might be on the cards.  Perhaps the red meat from Trump TV might keep them happy.

Anyway, the progressives will soon start sniping at Biden for not being Bernie, and if the Dems don't win both Georgia run offs the Senate will still be Republican and nothing of substance will get done.  Trump will chuck the pardons around, probably including himself, and everyone will get off with the last four years of criming.

I am pleased, but that this wasn't a complete repudiation of all things Trump is beyond depressing.

I can’t think of any new policies he was pushing on this campaign. Just over inflating his accomplishments and rubbishing Biden.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/450979-mr-trump-all-discussion-here/page/385/?tab=comments#comment-8375426

"Democrats are in panic mode at the minute.

One stat for you all.

Since primaries were born in 1912, no incumbent has ever lost the general election after receiving 75% or more of the votes from their party in the primaries. Trump received 94% of all cast in the 2020 Republican primaries. Trump already moved campaigning from Ohio as they have it locked. Whoever wins Ohio has won the presidency. It picks the winner every time. That's why they are scrambling Obama out at the last minute. Don't believe the polls. It will be like 2016 all over again."

First time for eveything eh 😎

He is still looking forwards to picking up the soap...

Pucker up Donald!

What goes around, comes around!

p.s. BoJo - bear that in mind!

4 hours ago, Hecate said:

Not a landslide.  Not a blue wave.  Trump's on his way out, but this wasn't a defeat of Trumpism at all.  Far too close.  Four years' worth of sewage spewing from the White House and too many Americans, again, looked at that and thought 'yes, I'll have some of that, thank you very much'.

Trump will be dumped by the GOP like the trash he is now he's reached the end of his usefulness; they've got the tax cuts, the judges and the Supreme Court for a generation.  They'll start looking for a successor, someone who can do the policies but without the clown car; an authoritarian with a slick facade.  Tom Cotton, possibly.  I wonder, though, if the base will still demand the spectacle, in which case a Trump Jr 2024 might be on the cards.  Perhaps the red meat from Trump TV might keep them happy.

Anyway, the progressives will soon start sniping at Biden for not being Bernie, and if the Dems don't win both Georgia run offs the Senate will still be Republican and nothing of substance will get done.  Trump will chuck the pardons around, probably including himself, and everyone will get off with the last four years of criming.

I am pleased, but that this wasn't a complete repudiation of all things Trump is beyond depressing.

Or, if Trump is forced to accept a Biden win, he could resign and his Vice President would take over in the interim and pardon Trump!

Edited by catmiss
Typo

Now  according to Trump junior the Democrats are hacking 'fraud hotline' to stop complaints. What will the next claim be that says Trump was cheated of the presidency?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/eric-trump-mocked-for-claiming-democrats-are-hacking-fraud-hotline-to-stop-complaints/ar-BB1aMdyL?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/melania-trump-divorce-donald-trump-b57802.html

Looks like this transactional marriage will be closing soon.

I also read Trump is refusing to attend Biden's inauguration- that will really just show how child like he is, a spoilt brat.

How on earth was this guy using the slogan ' Make America Great Again'.

You divided the country you orange Musoulini