Mr Trump - All discussion here

12 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I'll say one thing I'm glad Trump did, and that was get the warmonger John Bolton out of the white house.

JB was itching to bomb Iran and from what I read, was moving DT in to that situation.

Let's hope Bolton doesn't return under the new president.

Bolton won't come back but there is never a shortage of hawks in the white house. My hope is that Biden doesn't resort to proxy wars to establish America's reputation.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

That doesn't explain why he got a lot of votes from all ethnicities according to TV pundits. I haven't seen a lot of support for him on facebook, but I haven't been looking for it so I wouldn't know.

I didn't see his rant, but I can imagine he wasn't happy, and went way over the top.

But if you believe votes can't be fraudulantly obtained / counted and discounted, bought and sold, these days (in any country, not just USA) then I think you're being a bit naive to be honest (-which a lot of politicians aren't.) There's never usually any evidence because that's what the secret service is for.

I mention this not because I wanted him to win, but because politics worldwide need a major clean up.

Its really not.

I guess you've read reply 4745 from the friend in Missouri.

A basic experience of human nature reveals it to be true. I particularly like.....

51 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Look at the issue with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

If you buy into the American Dream and believe that 'Might is Right', 'The weakest go to the wall', 'Never let a sucker win' and many, many others its all quite logical. The left need to  recognise the truth and appeal of these slogans and move on to is how to counter them.  Back in the day the left had slogans too - 'Workers of the world unite, you only have your chains to loose',  'There's no I in team',  'United we stand devided we fall' and even the wokish  'For the many not the few'.

Its slogan politics and its needed as a vital part of a bigger picture but not as a replacement for ideology and a manifesto

31 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Bolton won't come back but there is never a shortage of hawks in the white house. My hope is that Biden doesn't resort to proxy wars to establish America's reputation.

Yes that is one fear...

I was thinking, can a new President elect  former one as VP.

Could Biden put Obama as his VP??

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Trump advisor Steve Bannon has been banned from Twitter for calling for the beheading of Dr Anthony Fauci:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ex-trump-adviser-steve-bannon-banned-from-twitter-over-beheading-call/ar-BB1aL68R?ocid=msedgntp

just wow :wow:

Extremists show their real faces when the backs against the wall

Snopes sort of debunks the Presidency thing.

Answer is no ,Obama can not serve

First company has called PA for Biden and the Presidency to Biden.

Apparently CNN  are close to calling it too.

Biden has won

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1324710866516905984?s=19

Predictions are Biden 306 v Trump 232

Not that close after all.

Trump described his victory by exactly same numbers as "a massive landslide".

Biden likely to have about 5 percent more of the national vote too

3 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Could Biden put Obama as his VP??

The VP will be Kamala Harris. They are announed as part of the nomination process. I think generally around the time of the party conventions. 

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

The VP will be Kamala Harris. They are announed as part of the nomination process. I think generally around the time of the party conventions. 

It's a very good hypothetical question though.

According to the 22nd ammendment, no person can be elected to the president more than twice, the key word being elected. However, being nominated as vice president is not mentioned here. But the 12th ammendment says the "no person who is ineligible to to be president can be nominated as vice-president".

Basically, it's open to interpretation and would, no doubt end up in the supreme court should anyone try. Of course, it's all hypothetical.

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

Thanks..

Just looked her up,  she's mixed race so hopefully a good step.