Mr Trump - All discussion here

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not necessarily. Trump may win for the same reasons politics has gone skew whiff everywhere - bloodymindedness.

The people are sick of the Establishment running the show, and resent being told what to do by the Media.

Bit complicated Anna, been watching this morning and can't make end or tale of it.

Just now, Padders said:

Bit complicated Anna, been watching this morning and can't make end or tale of it.

Complicated system isn't it? But considering what a dick Trump is, Biden should have walked it. All the polls came out in his favour.

I think the fact that it's so close says a lot. It could still go either way. I don't think the final result is going to come in for a while, which is going to lead to uncertainty which is never a good thing.

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not necessarily. Trump may win for the same reasons politics has gone skew whiff everywhere - 

shear bloodymindedness.

The people are sick of the Establishment running the show, and resent being told what to do by the Media.

No, he lied through his teeth at nearly every turn and a thick American public voted him into the White house again.

To top it off, they've also voted in a congresswoman who totally, publicly buys into the whole QAnon thing - Its utter lunacy.

Am I surprised? Not a bit!

42 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Complicated system isn't it? But considering what a dick Trump is, Biden should have walked it. All the polls came out in his favour.

I think the fact that it's so close says a lot. It could still go either way. I don't think the final result is going to come in for a while, which is going to lead to uncertainty which is never a good thing.

He’s a dick for sure, and I suspect a lot of Americans realise and will admit this, but still vote for him. There are clearly other considerations, other than his personal (lack of) character, and some no doubt feel they’ll be better off under a Trump presidency.

My feeling is the world will be a better place without Trump.

48 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No, he lied through his teeth at nearly every turn and a thick American public voted him into the White house again.

To top it off, they've also voted in a congresswoman who totally, publicly buys into the whole QAnon thing - Its utter lunacy.

Am I surprised? Not a bit!

Boris lied through his teeth, and the British public voted him in.... see any similarities?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Not necessarily. Trump may win for the same reasons politics has gone skew whiff everywhere - 

shear bloodymindedness.

Come on Anna B...

Trump is part of the establishment....

7 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Come on Anna B...

And they're being told by fox news. And breitbart. Etc.

People are stupid, people are selfish.

Better morning than evening.

Biden ahead in Nevada and likely to stay that way.

The urban areas of Wisconsin are reporting in and Trump's lead is toast.

Biden should head further ahead as Green Bay and Madison votes get tallied.

Milwauke area gave Biden a 140,000 boost.

So from being 100,000 down statewide ,he leads

Similar scene in Michigan,a Trump lead being whittled  away.

In the other races it's entire possible Georgia and PA will also follow the pattern.

1.9 million votes to come from PA count will not be complete before  Friday according to election officer on NPR

The mail ins in PA are running 82% to Biden so far.

Edited by butlers

Got that wrong.

Ballots should be done by Thursday evening in PA

58 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Come on Anna B...

Interesting. I know what you mean; multi-millionaire businessman etc etc. should be part of the establishment, but he isn't.

He doesn't fit in, doesn't play the game their way, shoots his mouth off etc, and doesn't give a f***

He's uncontrollable. (bit like Corbyn.) That makes him a threat to the cosy club that is the establishment. 

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Interesting. I know what you mean; multi-millionaire businessman etc etc. should be part of the establishment, but he isn't.

He doesn't fit in, doesn't play the game their way, shoots his mouth off etc, and doesn't give a f***

He's uncontrollble. That makes him a threat to the cosy club that is the establishment. 

Of course he plays the game - that's why he pays sod all in taxes. He's not taxed the rich (tax cuts actually) binned Obama-care (and given the diets of most trump voters, you'd think they'd be all for free healthcare) - he's done sod all, with the exception of maybe (and it's because I don't know enough) the economy, but I'm not sure how much of that was his policies.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Of course he plays the game - that's why he pays sod all in taxes. He's not taxed the rich (tax cuts actually) binned Obama-care (and given the diets of most trump voters, you'd think they'd be all for free healthcare) - he's done sod all, with the exception of maybe (and it's because I don't know enough) the economy, but I'm not sure how much of that was his policies.

So, considering he has been constantly rubbished in the media as an idiot, and is Republican, what do you think his attraction is, especially to the blue collar workers? 

This should have been a walk in the park for Biden. Why is it turning into such a close race?