Mr Trump - All discussion here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Cannot believe the child like manner of Trump.

Just likes to shut people down as soon as they call him out on something he cannot defend.

He's like that school kid who tells his friends that his dad is stronger than theirs.

Was there no facility to mute the Presidents microphone when we was interrupting?

It’s a tactic, interrupt the other person and if they divert their attention from their own message and acknowledge or respond (in any way) to your interruption, you win, you make them look weak.

Edited by Waldo

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Was there no facility to mute the Presidents microphone when we was interrupting?

It’s a tactic, interrupt the other person and if they divert their attention from their own message and acknowledge or respond (in any way) to your interruption, you win, you make them look weak.

The simple way should be to just mute the others microphone when speaking,  so people can hear what they want to say.

Alternatively get Samuel L Jackson to moderate.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Cannot believe the child like manner of Trump.

Just likes to shut people down as soon as they call him out on something he cannot defend.

He's like that school kid who tells his friends that his dad is stronger than theirs.

In the UK is it would be a reason why people won't vote for him. In the USA it is precisely why they WILL vote for him.

He's miles in front (abt 43%) of where he was at the same point last time (abt 15%).  I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that he's going to win again and in the process will upset a lot of very whiny people who can't get their head around how the world really works. 

Edited by Tony

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

In the UK is it would be a reason why people won't vote for him. In the USA it is precisely why they WILL vote for him.

He's miles in front (abt 43%) of where he was at the same point last time (abt 15%).  I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that he's going to win again and in the process will upset a lot of very whiny people who can't get their head around how the world really works. 

I’ll bite, how does it really work?

Just now, Tony said:

@tinfoilhat you'll need to start a new thread for that one :)

Bit of a cop out but for the sake of argument I'll stay on topic ;)

I've said for a while that trump will win, although I thought that less likely over the last 6 months. Now I'm sure he will. That said, I'm equally sure he'll do it through force. The alt-right have had his back - he's effectively given a green light to the proud boys - , he's got the Christian right on side too. They all like guns. They will be making voting very very uncomfortable in alot of places. Gunfights on election day? Civil war? It's 2020 so why not!

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

Some will vote for him irrespective of the loathsome lieing creature that he is.

More people voted against him last time round and hopefully he has done sufficient damage over the last four years to sway his opposition in both Republican and Democrats to consign him to history.

Edited by RJRB

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

... he's got the Christian right

There's an interesting bunch. In 2016 he struggled with them because of his personal, err, issues. The grab them by the pussy tape did him a lot of damage with that crowd at the time but now he / Republicans have the Supreme Court majority so he can reverse Roe -v- Wade. I'm not sure much will be said overtly about that by his side but will be a lot of pro-life expectation from the Christians that they definitely won't have with Biden. Fully expect the Dems to campaign negative and nasty against Trump on pro-abortion rights

Edited by Tony

What’s gone wrong with the world that enables the likes of Trump to rise to the top?

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

What’s gone wrong with the world that enables the likes of Trump to rise to the top?

Could have said the same thing about Herr Hitler.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

There's an interesting bunch. In 2016 he struggled with them because of his personal, err, issues. The grab them by the pussy tape did him a lot of damage with that crowd at the time but now he / Republicans have the Supreme Court majority so he can reverse Roe -v- Wade. I'm not sure much will be said overtly about that by his side but will be a lot of pro-life expectation from the Christians that they definitely won't have with Biden. Fully expect the Dems to campaign negative and nasty against Trump on pro-abortion rights

Also, something else I don’t understand, aren't the judiciary supposed to be independent?