Mr Trump - All discussion here

19 minutes ago, butlers said:

The polls got the national turn out bang on.

There were people saying with a couple if days to go that the result would be close.

Hilary never got above 50 percent in the polls of voter intensions which is a different question to " who do you think will win"

And if course, the posters will have examined the results and adjusted thier models.

I think the pool of floating voters is likely even smaller than ever now Trump is the encumbent and a known quantity

Nay @butlers you're not having that one without a fight :) . I'm not very convinced by the floating voter pool point either since that pool inevitably turn out to be shy conservatives.  The bottom line is that Hillary was as awful as Trump but everyone expected her to win. If you have Wolff's Fire & Fury you'll read that even Trump expected her to win!

HO7Lg0D.png

All that said, how does Biden get to pay $5m income tax when he's been a professional politician for 50 years? That's an incredible level of enrichment for somebody who's never had a traditional job and is positioning himself as a man of the people (as does Trump). Where has his wealth come from, who, how, why and what are they expecting in return?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html

I know full well Trump expected to lose nearly put it in my first reply.

As far as I know there was one professor who did call it right and has got something like 13 out if 15 election calls right.

What we do know is he will released his tax returns and we can see.

He's already released 2016 ,2017,2017 tax releases covering state and federal.

The $8 million book deal post the Obama presidency.

Visting professor at a PA  University,$600,000 a year

The $5 related to Biden and Jill,think she's a high up educator from.memory

Course Trump says he's worth $10 billion at  one point.

From the release the other day the only thing he actually seems successful at us playing a billionaire on tv

NBC paid him $400 million for the Apprentice which is a stunning amount of money

@butlers even so, $5m for a single year would put, at a guess, their joint income for one year at over £20m. That's quite an annual fortune for what is basically an MP and a teacher. 

One thing we are learning is that man-of-the-people-champion-of-the-underdog Biden earns more than sell-his-granny-for-the-price-of-a-Starbucks Trump. 

Not at all.

Might have sold a property that year.

2016 and 2017 the Bidens declared a joint income if $11 each year.

Funny thing is ,I bet Biden is not even in the top 50 percent of Members if Congress in net worth,he's practically a pauper among his peers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2019/07/25/the-definitive-net-worth-of-donald-trumps-cabinet/amp/

"for what is basically an MP and a teacher"

He was Vice President of the USA that year and she is a Professor.

Edited by butlers

@butlers to be honest I'm not sure what point you're trying to make or even what you're finding to disagree with. It's not controversial that Biden paid $5,000,000 income tax in one year or that Trump paid $750 in the same year. Being VP doesn't earn much, neither does being a senator, maybe a couple of hundred grand? To be the best of my knowledge the US education system doesn't pay English teachers working at the equivalent of Granville College a whopping twenty million dollars a year. 

The Bidens have done pretty well from being "basically an MP and a teacher". It makes our MP's duck house expenses look amateurish. I would really like to know where their money has come from. Can you help fill in the gaps in my knowledge @butlers?

Personally, I don't really think that either Trump or Biden of them are suitable to be POTUS. Just because you don't like Trump it doesn't mean that you have to defend Biden. They can both be awful. They ARE both awful. 

You pulled the $20m figure out not me.

The choices are Trump or Biden no matter what we over the seas want.

Jill Biden it turns out was the first "Second Lady " to hold down a paid job, 

They are an impressive couple  ,Life Time educators and pic servants ,church goers,with being overly preachy.

Joe even knows which way to hold up a bible.

Edited by butlers

The USA is exactly the same as the UK.

They don't have a politician worth voting for in their entire political system and neither do we.

2 hours ago, butlers said:

As far as I know there was one professor who did call it right and has got something like 13 out if 15 election calls right.

Allan J. Lichtman of the American University in Washington DC, this time he's predicting Trump will lose:

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/world/13-keys-spell-doom-trump-allan-lichtman

5 hours ago, butlers said:

Joe even knows which way to hold up a bible.

heh heh heh 😜

From the HuffPost 2015

Trump (who’d earlier called the Bible his favorite book) appears reluctant to reveal his favorite verses.

“Because to me that’s very personal,” Trump sidesteps. “You know, when I talk about the Bible it’s very personal so I don’t want to get into verses. The Bible means a lot to me but I don’t want to get into specifics.”

When asked if he’s a bigger fan of the Old Testament or the New Testament, Trump says he’s “probably equal.”

“I think it’s just incredible, the whole Bible is incredible,” he added