Mr Trump - All discussion here

In a shock to nobody, it looks like the Don has been playing fast and loose with his taxes for the last 20 years or so.

He paid $750 in tax in the year he got elected and has paid no tax in 11 out of 18 years that the New York Times has looked at.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/us/trump-taxes-takeaways.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Guardian link in case you get paywall issues with the NY times link :

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/27/new-york-times-publishes-donald-trumps-tax-returns-election

The Bidens paid  $5 in Federal tax in 2017.

Kamala Harris and Senator Saunders paid $300,000 or so.

The NYT have 20 years worth of records and will be running a series of reports.

Here's a man who stiffed a children's cancer charity are we surprised.

Tweet storm ahead

12 hours ago, butlers said:

The Bidens paid  $5 in Federal tax in 2017.

Kamala Harris and Senator Saunders paid $300,000 or so.

The NYT have 20 years worth of records and will be running a series of reports.

Here's a man who stiffed a children's cancer charity are we surprised.

Tweet storm ahead

Sorry to be pedantic butlers but I think you meant $5m.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/09/joe-biden-releases-tax-returns-during-2020-democratic-primary.html

Edited by Joe-b-1
correct link

You are entirely correct, my error.

Trump's former fixer who did time for tax issues said at same time as Trump was paying $750 he was paying $3 million .

On 18/09/2020 at 13:57, Tony said:

Some people are going to be very upset when Trump wins the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing peace to the Middle East. 

Some people are going to be very upset when Trump ends up in prison or bankrupt. 

Either will do for me. Both would be better, of course  :hihi:

He will end up in prison.....

He is connected to alot of people who are shady and are being investigated as we speak.....

There is only so much the establishment will put up with and when they have no more use for you they will cut you loose.....

17 hours ago, Mister M said:

Some people are going to be very upset when Trump ends up in prison or bankrupt. 

Either will do for me. Both would be better, of course  :hihi:

They will be very upset but whatever you might think of Trump it's not a good thing for anyone (including you) if that happens while he's the US President. He will probably sit a second term so that day will be a way off and I suspect he will die in office before anyone might send him to jail.Insert image from URL

Trump is probably already bankrupt in terms of being financially successful, if not the legal sense. So long as his businesses can legally service their debt they are solvent and so is he. 

Edited by Tony

50 minutes ago, Tony said:

They will be very upset but whatever you might think of Trump it's not a good thing for anyone (including you) if that happens while he's the US President. He will probably sit a second term so that day will be a way off and I suspect he will die in office before anyone might send him to jail.Insert image from URL

Trump is probably already bankrupt in terms of being financially successful, if not the legal sense. So long as his businesses can legally service their debt they are solvent and so is he. 

Sadly, I think you are correct in thinking Trump will serve a second term.

I just wish the Democrats has found someone better than Biden to run against Trump, then I think a Democrat victory would have been a shoe in.  Is a 77 year old man the best that they could have come up with? It's almost like an episode of a TV show, America's Dodderiest Grandpas.  Nothing particularly against Biden but in my opinion, if they'd picked a more dynamic, younger I guess, candidate then Trump wouldn't be anywhere near touching him.

10 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Sadly, I think you are correct in thinking Trump will serve a second term.

I just wish the Democrats has found someone better than Biden to run against Trump, then I think a Democrat victory would have been a shoe in.  Is a 77 year old man the best that they could have come up with? It's almost like an episode of a TV show, America's Dodderiest Grandpas.  Nothing particularly against Biden but in my opinion, if they'd picked a more dynamic, younger I guess, candidate then Trump wouldn't be anywhere near touching him.

Yes, they do have poor form when it comes to choosing candidates - Hillary Clinton then Joe Biden. Like our own Labour Party the US Democrats are so tied up with virtue signalling that they lurch from one poor candidate and cause to another when they spot a hobby horse to hitch their wagon to. Then they wonder why they go nowhere - IT'S A HOBBY HORSE YOU IDIOTS! It's as if they want to lose. 

How any half competent bunch of politicians can keep losing to Trump is beyond me so they are obviously less competent than Trump. What an indictment that is!

Not sure you can say Biden is losing ,don't think I have seen a single poll with Trump in front.

The the debate tonight ,don't think it will be enlightening.

@butlers surely by now we've all learned to ignore poll pronouncements of winners and losers, haven't we? 

The results of Tuesday’s presidential election came as a surprise to nearly everyone who had been following the national and state election polling, which consistently projected Hillary Clinton as defeating Donald Trump. Relying largely on opinion polls, election forecasters put Clinton’s chance of winning at anywhere from 70% to as high as 99%, and pegged her as the heavy favorite to win a number of states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that in the end were taken by Trump.

How could the polls have been so wrong about the state of the election?

There is a great deal of speculation but no clear answers as to the cause of the disconnect, but there is one point of agreement: Across the board, polls underestimated Trump’s level of support. With few exceptions, the final round of public polling showed Clinton with a lead of 1 to 7 percentage points in the national popular vote. State-level polling was more variable, but there were few instances where polls overstated Trump’s support.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/why-2016-election-polls-missed-their-mark/

The polls got the national turn out bang on.

There were people saying with a couple if days to go that the result would be close.

Hilary never got above 50 percent in the polls of voter intensions which is a different question to " who do you think will win"

And if course, the posters will have examined the results and adjusted thier models.

I think the pool of floating voters is likely even smaller than ever now Trump is the encumbent and a known quantity

Edited by butlers