Mr Trump - All discussion here

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And some of us thought that democracy was approximately that every vote should carry equal weight.

You appear to be saying that a handful of folk in a rural area should count the same as thousands in a city.

Are you saying minorities don't matter?

I thought that's what the left advocated for all the time. Not unless you are complete hypocrites.

6 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

Are you saying minorities don't matter?

I thought that's what the left advocated for all the time. Not unless you are complete hypocrites.

The left has always advocated equality - ie each vote carries the carries the same weight. 

The Republicans appear to prefer a couple of folk in a rural area carrying the same weight as thousands in cities - and putting up obstacles for city dwellers to register and to vote.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The left has always advocated equality - ie each vote carries the carries the same weight. 

The Republicans appear to prefer a couple of folk in a rural area carrying the same weight as thousands in cities - and putting up obstacles for city dwellers to register and to vote.

To ignore the voting power afforded by the Electoral College for the other 41 smaller states and 3,048 smaller counties would be discriminatory. I thought you hated discrimination and now you are all for it!!

Every western country is a representative democracy. Yet Liberals just cry about the US. Please give me that massive list of countries you have that are a direct democracy. They are all run on area systems like the US.

Please pray tell what obstacles they are stopping people voting. I am guessing this will be fun.

Just now, XXTickerXX said:

To ignore the voting power afforded by the Electoral College for the other 41 smaller states and 3,048 smaller counties would be discriminatory. I thought you hated discrimination and now you are all for it!!

Every western country is a representative democracy. Yet Liberals just cry about the US. Please give me that massive list of countries you have that are a direct democracy. They are all run on area systems like the US.

How would it be discriminatory?

Just now, Longcol said:

How would it be discriminatory?

How could it not be. They would never have a vote or say in what happens ever again. Rural lives matter too.

1 minute ago, XXTickerXX said:

How could it not be. They would never have a vote or say in what happens ever again. Rural lives matter too.

A rural life equals a city / town / subarban / life.

You're assuming all people think like Trump -  ie I'm in power (even with fewer votes than my rival), therefore I can dictate to the rest of the country.

A rural life equals a city / town / subarban / life.

You're assuming all people think like Trump -  ie I'm in power (even with fewer votes than my rival), therefore I can dictate to the rest of the country.

You overestimate what power a President has. The Governors decide what happens in the individual states. A Governor serves as the chief executive officer and commander-in-chief in each of the fifty states and in the five permanently inhabited territories, functioning as both head of state and head of government therein.

Do you think Trump would have allowed all the hate hoaxes the left have subjected him too if he had the power to stop them. There are 3 branches of government for a reason, in that each branch may scrutinize the actions of the other.

The reason Trump will get re-elected is he has lost no votes but gained lot's of Democrat votes. This is evidenced in nearly every rally which are just basically data gathering machines for the campaign. He had 6% of the black vote in 2016 and will likely get more than 20% this time. There are no republicans answering polls correctly. They either ignore them or say the opposite of what they will vote. You can mark this and my prediction is 350 electoral votes for Trump. He got 304 last time.

Biden has no enthusiasm among voters. He has been in politics 50 years and changed nothing other than getting black people in jail more. Democrats will just vote for anyone opposite to orange man bad. Bernie would have had a much better chance. I do not even think they will allow Biden to have debates because he will get utterly destroyed onstage by Trump. Anyone relying on polling data should just go back 4 years as seen below. Also with all the rioting from the BLM protests people are looking at that and there are record gun sales all over the country. They don't want that happening in their towns and cities.

Of course there is always a chance of an upset and Biden wins just like Trump did in 2016 but there will be no apathetic Trump voters assuming he will win this time. They will all vote. There will have been quite a few Democrats in 2016 who just assumed Hilary would win and did not vote. The question is can Biden be the one to rally them. I don't think he can. There are lots of Democrat gun owners and Biden wants to take them away.

Ecb_xkKXQAQbsxw?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

You overestimate what power a President has. The Governors decide what happens in the individual states. A Governor serves as the chief executive officer and commander-in-chief in each of the fifty states and in the five permanently inhabited territories, functioning as both head of state and head of government therein.

Do you think Trump would have allowed all the hate hoaxes the left have subjected him too if he had the power to stop them. There are 3 branches of government for a reason, in that each branch may scrutinize the actions of the other.

The reason Trump will get re-elected is he has lost no votes but gained lot's of Democrat votes. This is evidenced in nearly every rally which are just basically data gathering machines for the campaign. He had 6% of the black vote in 2016 and will likely get more than 20% this time. There are no republicans answering polls correctly. They either ignore them or say the opposite of what they will vote. You can mark this and my prediction is 350 electoral votes for Trump. He got 304 last time.

Biden has no enthusiasm among voters. He has been in politics 50 years and changed nothing other than getting black people in jail more. Democrats will just vote for anyone opposite to orange man bad. Bernie would have had a much better chance. I do not even think they will allow Biden to have debates because he will get utterly destroyed onstage by Trump. Anyone relying on polling data should just go back 4 years as seen below. Also with all the rioting from the BLM protests people are looking at that and there are record gun sales all over the country. They don't want that happening in their towns and cities.

Of course there is always a chance of an upset and Biden wins just like Trump did in 2016 but there will be no apathetic Trump voters assuming he will win this time. They will all vote. There will have been quite a few Democrats in 2016 who just assumed Hilary would win and did not vote. The question is can Biden be the one to rally them. I don't think he can. There are lots of Democrat gun owners and Biden wants to take them away.

Ecb_xkKXQAQbsxw?format=jpg&name=small

So you've moved off the topic of equality I see.

The idea that the candidates spent much time in the non competative  states is false ,I think from the last election 20 plus states got No visits from either candidate.

As the more populous states , ( sucessfull ones) grow and the others decline it becomes even less democratic that they are grotesquely over represented.

A couple if states do split thier  electoral college votes proportionaly to the number of votes cast.

And quite a few are signed up for a national popular vote reform.

Lastest polling for voting intension today is for not a bluewave but a blue Tusami.

Biden has a 10 point advantage in nearly all the polls including Trump's favourite Rammundson. 54/ 42

Hillary never broke the 50 percent barrier.

So you've moved off the topic of equality I see.

Not at all, you agreed that minorities do not matter and the majority should dictate to the minority. And that even though not a single country in the western world has a direct democracy you somehow want one for the US instead of your own country.

Americas founding fathers  saw a danger in tyranny of the majority who would then pursue exclusively its own interests at the expense of those in the minority. Hence the electoral college.

Just now, XXTickerXX said:

Not at all, you agreed that minorities do not matter and the majority should dictate to the minority. And that even though not a single country in the western world has a direct democracy you somehow want one for the US instead of your own country.

Americas founding fathers  saw a danger in tyranny of the majority who would then pursue exclusively its own interests at the expense of those in the minority. Hence the electoral college.

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

You appear to be saying that a handful of folk in a rural area should count the same as thousands in a city.

I think minorities should carry an equal weight. You don't.