Mr Trump - All discussion here

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

He's designating ANTIFA as a terrorist organisation.

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

antifa isn't a specific organisation...

Who's "they"?

Its funny when you read the wikipage too, How you designate something like that?

Movement structure

Antifa is not an interconnected or unified organization, but rather a movement without a hierarchical leadership structure, comprising multiple autonomous groups and individuals.[22][32][43] Activists typically organize protests via social media and through websites.[44] Some activists have built peer-to-peer networks, or use encrypted-texting services like Signal.[45] Chauncey Devega of Salon described antifa as an organizing strategy, not a group of people.[46] The antifa movement has grown since the 2016 presidential election and, as of August 2017, approximately 200 groups existed, of varying sizes and levels of activity

Edited by melthebell

On 28/05/2020 at 19:28, bendix said:

The president simply doesn’t have the power to shut down social media platforms.  

lol you shouldve just used this fact check meme

6hewnxh382251.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

You misunderstand. I was asking for evidence of antifascist terrorist actions.

And I gave you the article where you could find that "A confidential intelligence report by the DHS and the FBI described some of their activities as "domestic terrorist violence" ".

Do I really have to do the reading for you?

Edited by Branyy

13 minutes ago, Branyy said:

And I gave you the article where you could find that "A confidential intelligence report by the DHS and the FBI described some of their activities as "domestic terrorist violence" ".

Do I really have to do the reading for you?

No specific incedents that I read. But equally, the far right were mentioned in that article, have they been called a terrorist organisation? 

15 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No specific incedents that I read. But equally, the far right were mentioned in that article, have they been called a terrorist organisation? 

I'm pretty sure there are some far right groups linked to terrorist activities. However, we're now discussing Antifa specifically.

Edited by Branyy

4 hours ago, Branyy said:

I'm pretty sure there are some far right groups linked to terrorist activities. However, we're now discussing Antifa specifically.

But they arent classed as terrorist groups. If you're backing trump over anti fascists, it makes you, well, a fascist.

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But they arent classed as terrorist groups. If you're backing trump over anti fascists, it makes you, well, a fascist.

I have no idea where you get your information from but there certainly are (classed) far right terrorist groups.

Regarding anti fascists, just calling yourself "anti fascists" doesn't really make you anti fascists. (Or am I also anti democrat if I have objections against DPRK? :) )

14 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I have no idea where you get your information from but there certainly are (classed) far right terrorist groups.

Regarding anti fascists, just calling yourself "anti fascists" doesn't really make you anti fascists. (Or am I also anti democrat if I have objections against DPRK? :) )

Go on, I'm playing bingo here, are you going to play the All lives matter card?

Tbf the first far right designation was in April...this article says its the first far right group to be designated

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/russian-imperial-movement-white-supremacist-group-terrorists

Interestingly it also states.......

Sales insisted that the administration was targeting white supremacists.

He said that the designation was made possible by an order by Trump that allows designation of terrorists based on their training, not necessarily participation in violence.

Which means in this case they are doing the exact opposite, Antifa groups dont have training like right wing and jihadist groups do, and the designation is purely on violence

Just seen footage of him holding up a bible in front of a church he walked 100m to after getting the crowds cleared with tear gas. Obviously religious leaders are outraged.

As well as being just crass, egotistical, offensive and dumb he also has great difficulty deciding which way up a book is supposed to be held.