Mr Trump - All discussion here

On 02/05/2020 at 20:53, tinfoilhat said:

Which comes free with a button that controls nuclear weapons.

Here's the disinfectant video. Draw your own conclusion.

Looks like he's asking questions to me.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

What did Trump say? Do you understand him?

What did Trump mean? Do you know what he means?

Do you know better than his own American speaking advisors he employs to correct and add their own interpretation?

The staff that he himself chooses do not understand what he says or mean because  when they fail to please he sacks them in unprecedented numbers-he  has sacked more than 75 senior advisors, security officials, law makers and administrators etc. that he himself appointed.

You should congratulate yourself on you ability to understand what he said - luckily more and more know what he means.

I KNOW what Trump said. I THINK I understood him.

I'M NOT going to claim that I KNOW what he meant.

If someone comes with a self-interpretation of his words, I'm becoming very skeptical. Especially when they're trying to quote words which he didn't even say.

Edited by Branyy

38 minutes ago, Branyy said:

If someone comes with a self-interpretation of his words, I'm becoming very skeptical. Especially when they're trying to quote words which he didn't even say.

As he says to the reporter “He is the President and you are fake news”which apparently entitles him to continue to spout dangerous rubbish.

I believe his own explanation was that he was being sarcastic.

I certainly fail to detect any sarcasm as he continued to push his medical expert on his musings.

Edited by RJRB

53 minutes ago, retep said:

Moronic questions.

54 minutes ago, retep said:

Stupid questions like a child might ask, in public, in front of the Worlds media with simpletons watching. 

I don't see how it's in the least bit defensible.

55 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Let's approach it from a different angle - would you describe his behaviour during that press briefing as befitting a President?

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Let's approach it from a different angle - would you describe his behaviour during that press briefing as befitting a President?

No, probably not. But I've heard worse 🙂 (from him or even other presidents)

20 minutes ago, Branyy said:

No, probably not. But I've heard worse 🙂 (from him or even other presidents)

Behave - he's clearly the worst public speaker ever to occupy the White House, by a country mile.

4 hours ago, Branyy said:

So you only "... THINK (you) understand him." which implies that there is at least a possibility that your own "...self-interpretation of his words..." is incorrect.

So you are not claiming "... that (you) KNOW what he meant.." which implies that there is at least a possibility that others genuinely do have rational interpretations. 

Since Trump avoids issuing written statements, seems unable to read the script in front of him and rambles and digresses and fails to construct sentences it is inevitable that we all get differing messages- including what is he is getting at when he speaks of malaria tablet, bright lights, disinfecting and supporting similar views to gun bearing vigilanties .

He, as president of his country, must accept his responsibility that his outpourings are interpreted by some in ways that could be harmful to them.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

15 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

So you only "... THINK (you) understand him." which implies that there is at least a possibility that your own "...self-interpretation of his words..." is incorrect.

So you are not claiming "... that (you) KNOW what he meant.." which implies that there is at least a possibility that others genuinely do have rational interpretations. 

Since Trump avoids issuing written statements, seems unable to read the script in front of him and rambles and digresses and fails to construct sentences it is inevitable that we all get differing messages- including what is he is getting at when he speaks of malaria tablet, bright lights, disinfecting and supporting similar views to gun bearing vigilanties .

He, as president of his country, must accept his responsibility that his outpourings are interpreted by some in ways that could be harmful to them.

This is a great article that I read today.

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2020/05/14/vector-in-chief/

“Trump returns to what has worked for him before. As the cost of his terrible failures of public duty and common decency becomes ever more starkly evident, he will revert in his reelection campaign to an explanation of the disaster, not as a consequence of his own incompetence and contempt but as a punishment inflicted on the United States for its failure to build his wall, keep out foreigners, and crush the enemy within. Like a medieval quack making a profit in times of plague, he will offer a stricken people an ever higher dose of a toxic cure.“

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Behave - he's clearly the worst public speaker ever to occupy the White House, by a country mile.

In recent times, yes. Historically, I don't know, I haven't heard all of them.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Yes, exactly. My interpretation might be incorrect. However, I'm not pushing my interpretation to anyone! And I'm certainly not making up some words and inserting them into original statements just to support my interpretation!

The conclusion is - he didn't explicitly say that. You may THINK he meant it, but you CAN'T KNOW. Therefore, saying that he meant it for sure, is FALSE. Unless you bring some evidence.