Mr Trump - All discussion here

I’ve never had a good opinion of Trump but it continues to sink.

I saw coverage of him the other day saying that experts on the Corona Virus (or China virus as he has christened it)were amazed about his personal knowledge on the science.

Today I watched his briefing as he stuttered and fumbled through what I assume was a prepared script.

He referred to rapid advances in testing for the virus and moves towards self testing and he then said the self test would be administered by a clinician!

Next 2 minutes spent backtracking.

I know for many that he is easy to mock but I find him to be totally uninspiring,unbelievable and untrustworthy.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I’ve never had a good opinion of Trump but it continues to sink.

I saw coverage of him the other day saying that experts on the Corona Virus (or China virus as he has christened it)were amazed about his personal knowledge on the science.

Today I watched his briefing as he stuttered and fumbled through what I assume was a prepared script.

He referred to rapid advances in testing for the virus and moves towards self testing and he then said the self test would be administered by a clinician!

Next 2 minutes spent backtracking.

I know for many that he is easy to mock but I find him to be totally uninspiring,unbelievable and untrustworthy.

You could throw handfuls of random magnetic letters at a fridge door and they will form a message more coherent than Trump in one of his press conferences.

Glad he cleared this up

The government is readying two hospital ships, Trump said – “big white ships with the cross on the sides” –

And about putting money into the economy

We’re also playing with a lot of numbers a lot of very big numbers and a lot of small numbers, frankly,” Trump said.

For all his stance on America -its military strength or it is the most advanced country and other endless rhetoric,  a virus is bringing his(and others) country to a halt.

Just goes to show, be humble and grateful..for it can disappear in a blink of an eye.

The world will need to work together,  all creeds and nationalities, to find a way to combat this virus.

Maybe that is why the human race is here.

15 hours ago, butlers said:

Glad he cleared this up

The government is readying two hospital ships, Trump said – “big white ships with the cross on the sides”

And about putting money into the economy

We’re also playing with a lot of numbers a lot of very big numbers and a lot of small numbers, frankly,” Trump said.

He's speaking to Americans remember, some hick alabama brother/sister/husband/wife (same people) would probably understand that  better.

Edited by sheffbag

I really dont understand all this hate for President Trump who is without doubt one of the most successful and popular presidents in quite a few generations.

All this hate just isnt needed.

16 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

I really dont understand all this hate for President Trump who is without doubt one of the most successful and popular presidents in quite a few generations.

All this hate just isnt needed.

He has the ability to stir up a mob by creating friction and discord wherever he goes.

A bully boy who surrounds himself with self serving toadies and who is totally arrogant and ignorant.No scruples,No morals.

I could and might go on.

The virus - or more importantly the impact of the virus on the US economy - will see the end of Trump.   For the last few years he has been able to cite a booming economy and soaring stock market as due to him, even though they weren't.  Big business and those who benefited despised him, but looked away given the boom.  That no longer plays.

His entire reelection strategy this year would have been to claim credit for the economy.  He quite literally has nothing left.

Dead man walking.  And once he is out of office, him and his family and the hangers on will start to face legal proceedings related to issues like the inauguration funds misuse, tax issues, abuse of the Trump Foundation etc.

1 hour ago, bendix said:

The virus - or more importantly the impact of the virus on the US economy - will see the end of Trump.   For the last few years he has been able to cite a booming economy and soaring stock market as due to him, even though they weren't.  Big business and those who benefited despised him, but looked away given the boom.  That no longer plays.

His entire reelection strategy this year would have been to claim credit for the economy.  He quite literally has nothing left.

Dead man walking.  And once he is out of office, him and his family and the hangers on will start to face legal proceedings related to issues like the inauguration funds misuse, tax issues, abuse of the Trump Foundation etc.

Disagree, he appeals to the American voters  and that is all that matters. He still will be able to point to the economy and unemployment etc before the virus. What can the opposition cite that they would have done different? 

Big businesses hate him anyway before or after he got elected, the media hated him, the critics hated him. 

He still won despite the opposition having the previous incumbent as an incredibly popular President and the opportunity for a first female president.

He will win again

"People are dying who have never died before"

Donald J. Trump, 18 March 2020

His support base deserve every last bit of Covid-19 pain coming their way through his presidential prowess. The US gene pool badly needs it, tbh.

Had to LOL at hearing the Mexicans asking him to hurry up a bit with building his wall :D

43 minutes ago, L00b said:

"People are dying who have never died before"

Donald J. Trump, 18 March 2020

His support base deserve every last bit of Covid-19 pain coming their way through his presidential prowess. The US gene pool badly needs it, tbh.

Had to LOL at hearing the Mexicans asking him to hurry up a bit with building his wall :D

Nobody throughout the world deserves Coronavirus and to suggest otherwise is abhorrent. 

You'd probably think the same of Brexiteers deserving Coronavirus. 

Youve mention Schadenfreude previously. Well think on what you say.....

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Nobody throughout the world deserves Coronavirus and to suggest otherwise is abhorrent. 

You'd probably think the same of Brexiteers deserving Coronavirus. 

Youve mention Schadenfreude previously. Well think on what you say.....

I read Loobs comment about the pain resulting from the Corona virus situation rather than wishing the actual virus on anyone.

Anyway,Boris is looking positively statesman like in comparison to Trumps utterances.