Mr Trump - All discussion here

9 hours ago, Branyy said:

Yep, you are always ignorant of inconvenient truth.

Now tell me, do you consider him as a "religious scholar"? I just don't think he was, he didn't fulfill the definition. But please, prove me wrong, I might not understand what "religious scholar" in fact means.

If you're claiming he wasn't, it's for you to disprove. That's how it works.

52 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If you're claiming he wasn't, it's for you to disprove. That's how it works.

No, absolutely not, you got it confused. The original claim was that he was a "religious scholar". I've asked for evidence to support this claim. It must be based on something, right? I mean, everyone can be claimed as a "religious scholar" without a proof.  Get it? What qualifies him?

Edited by Branyy

52 minutes ago, Branyy said:

No, absolutely not, you got it confused. The original claim was that he was a "religious scholar". I've asked for evidence to support this claim. It must be based on something, right? I mean, everyone can be claimed as a "religious scholar" without a proof.  Get it? What qualifies him?

You might want to look up the definition of scholar before you go too far down the line of "What qualifies him?". There isn't a widely accepted formal definition of what qualifies someone as a scholar. It can be just someone who knows a lot about a subject because they studied it a lot (and not necessarily in a formal setting). Al-Baghdadi will count as a scholar because he, presumably, studied the Koran a lot.

By focusing on whether he counts as a scholar or not you are missing the point of why the Washington Post has been criticized for its description of him - it wasn't the most important thing about him or why he was in the news. It's as if they'd mentioned Jimmy Saville was known for running marathons and failed to mention he was a massive nonce.

BREAKING NEWS

They had their best investigative teams working on this. Whatever would the left do without the media fact checking memes for them. It is just a joke of a profession at this point. I  thought the media couldn’t get any stupider.. I was wrong.

K2X4gwW.jpg

EIKf-B3XUAAwE-k?format=jpg&name=small

6 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

BREAKING NEWS

They had their best investigative teams working on this. Whatever would the left do without the media fact checking memes for them. It is just a joke of a profession at this point. I  thought the media couldn’t get any stupider.. I was wrong.

K2X4gwW.jpg

EIKf-B3XUAAwE-k?format=jpg&name=small

Says the no.1 fangirl for the most stupid President in history.

32 minutes ago, Halibut said:

So Halibut, was Al-Baghdadi  a religious scholar or not? What do you think? :)

36 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You love him really. Do you want me to buy you a MAGA hat? Then maybe you could work towards being a billionaire with a supermodel wife and stop being angry all the time. Just 5 more years to go.

Why Trump won and why he will win again from Shark Tanks Kevin O’Leary

28 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

You love him really. Do you want me to buy you a MAGA hat? Then maybe you could work towards being a billionaire with a supermodel wife and stop being angry all the time. Just 5 more years to go.

Yeah, because money is so much more important than people, right?

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

On balance, I think it's probably a fair use of the term.

4 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

Not hard to be a billionaire if you inherit a couple of bilion is it?

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2018/10/06/donald-trumps-inheritance

6 hours ago, Branyy said:

This is a silly question.  He was a religious scholar, and spent years studying the Quran and Sharia Law in Baghdad before radicalising.  There is nothing to suggest he didn't continue studying religion closely during the last decade.  it's possible to be and do more than one thing at any one time.   

The real question is whether WP chose to focus on one label over others, and on that i think you have a fair point.

On 31/10/2019 at 10:35, Halibut said:

On balance, I think it's probably a fair use of the term.

Well then, he was a religious scholar. I've learned that he's spent years studying Koran and Sharia law.  And he came to conclusion that "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" (his words). Shows how dangerous the islam ideology is.