Mr Trump - All discussion here

Obama, from the article linked to above - 

“We should soundly reject language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders that feeds a climate of fear and hatred and normalizes racist sentiment," he said. "Leaders who demonize those who don't look like us, or suggest that other people, including immigrants, threaten our way of life, or refer to other people as sub-human, or imply that America belongs to just one certain type of people."

You can't even conceive that Trump could utter such a complex sentence without ballsing it up, not to mention the rejection of white nationalism and hate-mongery.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

You can't even conceive that Trump could utter such a complex sentence without ballsing it up, not to mention the rejection of white nationalism and hate-mongery.

It'd have just wandered off into how great he's doing, how he's done more than anyone else ever did... and those crowd sizes :hihi:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/trump-gun-access-restrictions-1449663

While Trump boasts of action on firearms, his administration has eased gun restrictions over the past 2½ years.

He just gets worse and worse.

Here he is giving a thumbs up in a photo of a child orphaned in the El Paso shooting by the sort of person he's gone out of his way to encourage and cultivate.

He then went on to have a rant about crowd sizes.

2 hours ago, taxman said:

He just gets worse and worse.

Here he is giving a thumbs up in a photo of a child orphaned in the El Paso shooting by the sort of person he's gone out of his way to encourage and cultivate.

He then went on to have a rant about crowd sizes.

It might sound like I’m defending him here - I’m not. He’s a salesman. He can try and dress it up and call himself a businessman but he’s a salesman and he just does not stop trying to sell him and his brand. It could be trying to sell his brand to nurses or that “winning” smile in front of the cameras with a recently orphaned baby. He can’t turn it off. He’s isn’t a president, he’s not got enough awareness to be a congressman in some Hicksville backwater, let alone the most powerful office in the world, and hasn’t got decorum and - I can’t think of the right word - sensitivity? to wade into situations like this. Even Bush 2 wasn’t as bad as him. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

It might sound like I’m defending him here - I’m not. He’s a salesman. He can try and dress it up and call himself a businessman but he’s a salesman and he just does not stop trying to sell him and his brand. It could be trying to sell his brand to nurses or that “winning” smile in front of the cameras with a recently orphaned baby. He can’t turn it off. He’s isn’t a president, he’s not got enough awareness to be a congressman in some Hicksville backwater, let alone the most powerful office in the world, and hasn’t got decorum and - I can’t think of the right word - sensitivity? to wade into situations like this. Even Bush 2 wasn’t as bad as him. 

People also ridiculed Ronald Reagan, including myself, for his acting background and his dumb oratory skills, much like you are saying about Trump being a salesman. Reagan, just like Trump did some bizarre and unpopular stuff, but by the end of his presidency he had the joint 3rd approval rating of any president in US history, 68% the same as FDR and Clinton (Wiki). I don't like Trump either, but he must be given a chance to put his country on the right track. If he fails, he will be just like a whole lot of other presidents who did the same.At least he hasn 't invaded a smaller country as yet, that could be a 1st in a long line of presidents, if he keeps that up.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

and hasn’t got decorum and - I can’t think of the right word - sensitivity? to wade into situations like this. 

I would use the phrase ‘self awareness’.

You don’t stoke up racial hatred then when someone ‘goes postal’ after having posted almost word for word Trump’s racist rhetoric, visit the town where it happened, and go ‘Hey look. They love me!’

The guy hasn’t a clue.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The guy hasn’t a clue.

Unfortunately, he does have a clue. Just like Johnson and Farage over here, he knows exactly how to play on people’s prejudices.

His casual racism, allied with a policy of screwing the US economy to provide expensive jobs in the rust belt will see him home again next year.

Johnson is trying the same trick. He’s just not as good at it.

Just now, Pettytom said:

Unfortunately, he does have a clue. Just like Johnson and Farage over here, he knows exactly how to play on people’s prejudices.

I agree with this in general, but not in this case.

By all means stir up racist fury to your core fans in Whitesville Nebraska, but why go to an overwhelmingly Latino town after it has just lost 20 of it’s citizens and think that you are going to be loved for it?

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I agree with this in general, but not in this case.

By all means stir up racist fury to your core fans in Whitesville Nebraska, but why go to an overwhelmingly Latino town after it has just lost 20 of it’s citizens and think that you are going to be loved for it?

Because his votes lie elsewhere 

21 hours ago, Magilla said:

30-Year Yield Falls to Record Low and Curve Warns of Recession:-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-14/u-s-30-year-yield-at-record-low-as-key-segment-of-curve-inverts

Whoopsy

Is this like the Russian conspiracy theory you love so much? 

Didn't you tell everyone for the last 2 years that Obama was responsible for the economy? Or were you a little liar?

5 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

Is this like the Russian conspiracy theory you love so much? 

Didn't you tell everyone for the last 2 years that Obama was responsible for the economy? Or were you a little liar?

The 30 year bond yield rate is effectively a prediction of how traders think the economy will perform in the next 30 years. The current rate has nothing to do with someone who hasn't been president for over two and a half years. You demonstrate so little understanding of the things you post about.