Mr Trump - All discussion here

15 hours ago, Halibut said:

What he said (to four women of colour) was thay "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

A clearly racist statement.

Most definitely a racist statement. As I said, what he should have said is, if you don't like it, go and live somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Didn't you say that friendship between Tommy Robinson and BNP is a proof of his racism? 😂

No, I said that Wee Tommy having gold family membership of the BNP is proof that he is a racist (among many other things)

Unless he was on some kind of undercover mission, why else would he join a racist political party?

16 minutes ago, bendix said:

I can't be bothered to read the last few pages.  It seems to me a couple of the Democratic Congresswomen have been guilty of making ridiculous statements and likely hold some dodgy views also.  But nothing - NOTHING - excuses Trump's comments nor the disgraceful chanting at that rally last night.

100 percent agree with that.

The comments were bad, but the chanting was chilling.

2 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

100 percent agree with that.

The comments were bad, but the chanting was chilling.

Give a group of nasty racists a bit of validation, and this is what happens.

It doesn’t matter whether Trump is or isn’t a racist. Some of the people who follow him hear what they want to hear, and they are.

This is very serious.  I cam’t see this ending well. I hope I am wrong

34 minutes ago, Eater Sundae said:

This is very serious.  I cam’t see this ending well. I hope I am wrong

Hopefully it will destroy the Republican Party just as Brexit may destroy the Conservative Party.

Populism always causes heartbreak, grief and destruction but we generally end up with a better world when it collapses.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Hopefully it will destroy the Republican Party just as Brexit may destroy the Conservative Party.

Populism always causes heartbreak, grief and destruction but we generally end up with a better world when it collapses.

It has been around 80 years (from the mid 1930s to the mid 2010s) from the last big example of the rise of populism in mainland Europe, and now we are off down the same route.  

I think it could be quite a long time until it collapses.  

1 minute ago, Eater Sundae said:

I think it could be quite a long time until it collapses.  

Things happen an awful lot faster these days than they did 80 years ago (or even 20 years ago)

9 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The most powerful man in the planet behaving like this means we are in extremely dangerous times. He is the most dangerous leader since the 1930s and I’ve got no doubt of that now.

He is normalising hate and racism, and he has tens of millions of idiots enjoying every second of it.

Where is this going next?

You're right on the money, I'm sad to say - as some of the comments on this thread attest.

He said after the rally he couldn't stop them shouting send her back ect,  he had no intentions of trying to stop them he was loving every minuet.  Just watch the trump heritage documentry he openly says to the interviewer  about black occupants  living in properties he was viewing would you want to live next em.  He is on film saying it. How can he deny he is a Racist.  A dangerous man. 

Edited by PRESLEY

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

He said after the rally he couldn't stop them shouting send her back ect,  he had no intentions of trying to stop them he was loving every minuet.  Just watch the trump heritage documentry he openly says to the interviewer  about black occupants  living in properties he was viewing would you want to live next em.  He is on film saying it. How can he deny he is a Racist.  A dangerous man. 

Spot on - and credit to you as a senior bloke for realising and being prepared to speak up about it. The man is a danger to liberty and justice worldwide.

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, I said that Wee Tommy having gold family membership of the BNP is proof that he is a racist (among many other things)

Unless he was on some kind of undercover mission, why else would he join a racist political party?

The difference is, BNP is not illegal. Perhaps it has few racist members, the party itself is controversial at most and let's be honest - completely irrelevant and meaningless.

Hamas is recognised terrorist organization. That's a different level.

38 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Spot on - and credit to you as a senior bloke for realising and being prepared to speak up about it. The man is a danger to liberty and justice worldwide.

Completly agree.   The man is a Maniac.