Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By Trump? 😲

I've seen their supporters using the term, in YouTube comments etc.

I’m still confused.

What has this to do with Trump telling them to ‘go home if they don’t like it’?

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m still confused.

Standard obfuscating tactic, as used by JamesR123 yesterday: make up a strawman with the aim of accusing the poster objecting to the latest hard right dog whistle (Trump's tweet, here), of being a racist because (according to the strawman argument-) they're using or condoning a racist term.

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m still confused.

Don't perpetuate racial stereotypes and bleat about racism. 

6 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

QED

:roll:

Edited by L00b

2 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Who on earth is perpetuating racial stereotypes?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Standard obfuscating tactic, as used by JamesR123 yesterday: make up a strawman with the aim of accusing the poster objecting to the latest hard right dog whistle (Trump's tweet, here), of being a racist because (according to the strawman argument-) they're using or condoning a racist term.

I didn't strawman you at all.  I was getting straw manned constantly (not particularly by you).

I said that I would have no issue telling a foreign criminal to go back to their country.  Most people wouldn't.

You read that and saw all migrants are criminals.  This was a leap your mind made, not mine.  I suggested that this was revealing of your prejudices and asked you to do some research on crime rates of immigrants vs natives.

59 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I didn't strawman you at all.  I was getting straw manned constantly (not particularly by you).

I said that I would have no issue telling a foreign criminal to go back to their country.  Most people wouldn't.

You read that and saw all migrants are criminals.  This was a leap your mind made, not mine.  I suggested that this was revealing of your prejudices and asked you to do some research on crime rates of immigrants vs natives.

Your posts and mine about this are plain and clear, only a couple of pages back: you equated social nuisance with crimes in the specific case of foreign-born people (rather than limiting yourself to foreign-born criminals), as justification for telling them to go back to their country. I called you out about it. You've been trying to distance yourself from your opinion ever since, just like in this latest post of yours.

As for my "prejudices", even if your joining date did not feature under your user name, it's quite clear you've not been here long. Bless.

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

Your posts and mine about this are plain and clear, only a couple of pages back: you equated social nuisance with crimes in the specific case of foreign-born people (rather than limiting yourself to foreign-born criminals), as justification for telling them to go back to their country. I called you out about it. You've been trying to distance yourself from your opinion ever since, just like in this latest post of yours.

As for my "prejudices", even if your joining date did not feature under your user name, it's quite clear you've not been here long. Bless.

My post clearly said that I would happily ask foreign born people to leave if they commited a crime.  I made no such equivalence as the one you are accusing me of.  You made the equivalence and I called you out.

You revealed your own prejudice.  I am the son of an immigrant.

I am unsure as to the relevance of my joining date tbh. 

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who on earth is perpetuating racial stereotypes?

Donald Trump.

35 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

My post clearly said that I would happily ask foreign born people to leave if they commited a crime.  I made no such equivalence as the one you are accusing me of.  You made the equivalence and I called you out.

You revealed your own prejudice.  I am the son of an immigrant.

I am unsure as to the relevance of my joining date tbh. 

Nope initially you did not use the context of them having committed a crime. That was one of the most striking things about your argument. Now you’re backtracking.

Edited by I1L2T3

2 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

OK then. Let’s clear this up once and for all.

What crimes did the four democratic congresswomen commit?