Mr Trump - All discussion here

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He is Boris Johnson and I claim my £5.

Yup.  Something like that.  There is a lot of raw intelligence in there somewhere, and he is certainly articulate.  But the ideas are all over the place, and they are shared to make some kind of splash - look at me, look how clever I am - that sort of thing.  But they've no deep roots based on understanding and experience.

Anyway, moving on from welsh fifa playing loudmouths being run out of town by angry  Asian mobs, trump has doubled down.

Its not him that’s the racist it’s them.

Theresa May condemns Trump's 'go back' remark to congresswomen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48990760

The amountof support I’ve found for him on social media is alarming.

Trump needs to be careful.

It wasn’t exclusively white rednecks who voted for him in 2016. A significant number of non-white voters particularly from the Latino communities, voted Trump. His pitch in 2016 was an ‘America First’ trade and foreign policy, a more healthy economy, and to stir up hatred for Muslims and Mexicans.

Many of those non-white Trump voters who were born outside the US, may now be getting a little nervous

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Trump needs to be careful.

It wasn’t exclusively white rednecks who voted for him in 2016. A significant number of non-white voters particularly from the Latino communities, voted Trump. His pitch in 2016 was an ‘America First’ trade and foreign policy, a more healthy economy, and to stir up hatred for Muslims and Mexicans.

Many of those non-white Trump voters who were born outside the US, may now be getting a little nervous

If they're lucky, they'll still have enough time to learn the error of their ways and do something about it come 2020.

If they're not...tough.

And if they're dumb enough to double-down, they deserve everything coming their way.

You makes your life choices, you lives with them :|

Edited by L00b

9 hours ago, bendix said:

He knows that those tweets will be loved by his base, whether he believes in them or not. 

When asked if his comments were the sort of thing you would hear from a white supremacist, he replied “It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me,”

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

When asked if his comments were the sort of thing you would hear from a white supremacist, he replied “It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me,”

This is the thing, you and me find them awful but if some of the comments I've read elsewhere are anything like a reflection of actual Americans and not Russian bots, there is a huge amount of support for him and his comments."He's saying what we're thinking". They still not might voice those thoughts to real people in real life but in the privacy of a ballot box they very well might.

Four more years I'm afraid!

£100 quid to a charity of each other’s choice ?

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is the thing, you and me find them awful but if some of the comments I've read elsewhere are anything like a reflection of actual Americans and not Russian bots, there is a huge amount of support for him and his comments."

I wouldn’t put too much store by what you see on social media. It is a magnet for people with reactionary views and a huge bubble where everybody re-shares everybody else’s fake news.

On our side of the pond, EDL facebook groups would have tens of thousands of supporters and their facebook ‘events’ pages would have 4-5,000 pledges for a demo and on the day maybe 40 or 50 people would turn up. The ‘Free Wee Tommy Robinson’ twitter account had over half a million followers at one point but they never got more than 1000 people to any of their court protests.

Like radio phone in programmes, social media does attract a disproportionate number of reactionaries and moaners.

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

BNP policy was to forcibly repatriate all non-white immigrants, not to allow people to say that they wanted the forceable repatriation of all non-white immigrants.

I think that most people have now sussed out that you are a very poor right wing troll. I showed a friend of mine who is a Lib Dem parish councillor in Derbyshire, some of your posts and asked her what political party she thought that you support. She said either BNP, UKIP or Brexit Party but your obsession with Corbyn means you could also be a Tory Party supporter.

When I told her that you claimed to support the Lib Dems she just laughed! Like comrade Lockdoctor who claims to have voted Remain, nobody believes you anymore. 😂

Oh dear, your calling the guy a right wing troll and being obsessed with Corbyn, then showing his posts to  a Lib Dem parish councillor …. seriously ?

So your not a troll, and your not obsessed ?

Deluded much eh …. jeeez

36 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Oh dear, your calling the guy a right wing troll and being obsessed with Corbyn, then showing his posts to  a Lib Dem parish councillor …. seriously ?

So your not a troll, and your not obsessed ?

Deluded much eh …. jeeez

Most people on here now seem to think that he is either a troll or a crank.

Maybe you could give your opinion on Trump’s latest racist outburst?

Edited by Top Cats Hat

On 15/07/2019 at 10:43, bendix said:

Hold on there TFH.  I have some sympathy for Delayed's position.

I am not convinced Trump is a racist.  Bear with me, before jumping into reply  😉

I have a theory that Trump is essentially amoral and apolitical.  He has no strong political opinions, evidenced by the fact he claimed to be a liberal democratic just a decade ago.  You don't make that kind of move over a decade with any innate and strongly held worldview.

What Trump is is an opportunist.  He has been advised to adopt his position by the likes of Gorka and Bannon and the weasley little runt whose name escapes me right now, because those very clever strategists understand the power of that base and realised he - and they - would get power if they played up to it.  And he does this now, over and over again, dogwhistling what he thinks will win him increased adoration at his rallies.  He knows that those tweets will be loved by his base, whether he believes in them or not.  Do you seriously think he has strong views on immigration, or Iran, or islam?  of course he doesn't - he has no strong views on anything.

He is an egotist.  Worse, he is a largely ignorant egotist.  The only driver he has is his self-regard and desire for approval.

Does that mean he is a racist?  I don't know.  I don't think he cares enough about the issue or any issue.  He just picks on anythnig he can to get a kick in for his fans, be it their origin, their looks, their intelligence, their nickname.  Were those particularly tweets racist, or could they be deemed as such.  Perhaps.  Either way, they were deeply ignorant and offensive, but that is the man we are dealing with.

I think you may be right, but it doesn’t matter whether he is a racist. The problem is the number of people who are racist and will now feel validated in their views and be more emboldened to act that way in public.

We can now look forward to an increase in “get back to your own country” type comments, on both sides of the Atlantic. Yet another footstep along a downward spiral.