Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I challenge you to name just one extremist view that I hold. You can't do it.

You are perpetually offended by everything, You are brainwashed by the media as evidenced of the last 2 years of the Russian Collusion hoax and your gullibility to fall for it. You are  male feminist.

You hate people with differing opinions. You have labeled them Racists, Nazi's, Misogynists, Homophobic, Islamophobic etc. All because they just have a different opinion to you. You don't just hate, you actually despise the people who vote differently from you.

What does your political compass say about you?

Halibut replied to DaBouncer's topic in General Discussions

Economic Left/Right - 5.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian - 6.82

You are big leftie anarchist. 🤣

Mr Trump - All discussion here

Halibut replied to Halibut's topic

December 5, 2018

There will be a great celebration in this household when he gets sent down.

Hahahahahaha. Have to put that on the back burner for a little bit whilst he goes after the traitors that attempted the coup on a sitting president.

I know you hate Trump with an unparalleled passion but let's break it down a little.

He owns or has significant interest in 565 different companies.

He only had an income of $484M in 2018.

https://www.scribd.com/document/410345258/President-Trump-2018-Annual-Financial-Disclosure

$484M yearly = $40.33M monthly = $9,307,692.31 weekly = $1,325,156.06 daily = $55,214.84 hourly = $920.25 per minute = $15.34 per second.

The man you and others label as stupid earns more in an hour than you probably all earn collectively in a year. I only wish I was that stupid to earn that much.

10 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

She's now apologised (probably only because she's been identified).

Woman says sorry for screaming 'Nazi scum' in face of Trump fan hit by milkshake

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-says-sorry-screaming-nazi-16257523

Mind you, the tracking has gone a bit too far in this instance:

This is why people need to seriously think before they act. It's all to easy in today's world to be identified and paraded around social media. She's putting herself at risk through her own actions. 

On 04/06/2019 at 07:00, Magilla said:

One thing's for certain, Khan actually won a popular vote and judging by his performance so far... looks like he'll win another hands down :hihi:

Khan only started as Mayor in mid 2016, those numbers are Boris'.... whoopsy!

Well done, you just pointed out how useless Trumps new best friend was....  :?

I look forward to your tales of how London is a war zone and hospitals are awash with blood all over the floors... :hihi:

On 04/06/2019 at 00:16, Longcol said:

Source of these figures?

Here's Khans figures in comparison to Boris final year, months are May-April of each year as the 2016 Election was in May.

ASB          Burglary    Robbery    Vehicle     Violent      Shoplifting    CD&A    Other Theft    Drugs    Bike Theft    Theft - Person    Weapons    Public Order    Other     Total

2015-16    221,522    69,184     20,983        82,549      198,561    44,403          61,026    108,978           35,071    16,535             33,482                  3,752           42,745                  9,301      948,092
2018-19    226,519    81,275     34,570       116,883    228,856    43,652         56,607    124,437            36,231    20,771             47,630                    6,803         48,152                  10,311    1,082,697

So

Burglary up 17.5%

Robbery up 65%

Vehicle crime up 41%

Violent Crime up 15%

Bike theft up 25%

Personal Theft up  42%

Weapons crime up 81%

Public Order offences up 12.5%

Total crime up 14% or 134,000 extra crimes (recorded) a year

Khan is doing a top job. 

source - https://www.ukcrimestats.com/Subdivisions/GLA/2247/

2 hours ago, altus said:

Pharmaceutical companies spend about twice as much on advertising as they do on research. They are banned from advertising prescription drugs to the UK public but, my understanding is, they are allowed to in the US.

Part of the price difference is you are paying for all those adverts. If drugs cost the same in both places, we'd be subsidising the adverts in your country.

It's worse than just advertising, many doctors in the USA have deals with pharmaceutical companies which earn them thousands each year.

54 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

The man you and others label as stupid earns more in an hour than you probably all earn collectively in a year. I only wish I was that stupid to earn that much.

You could be! You only need a $200m trust fund and a $200m inheritance to get you started. :hihi:

Chances are that almost every poster on this forum would be far far richer than Trump, if given the same start:

https://www.indy100.com/article/it-turns-out-donald-trump-would-actually-be-richer-now-if-hed-done-nothing-since-1974--b1lhFdzt_g

You'd actually have to be pretty stupid not to be..... :?

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

Khan is doing a top job. 

source - https://www.ukcrimestats.com/Subdivisions/GLA/2247/

So... in effect, largely in line with increases under Boris, and pretty much reflects what everyone already knows:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47452799

...rather than entirely on Khan (or Boris to be fair).

If the police are to be believed, there's been a big turnaround:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/02/met-police-commissioner-cressida-dick-hails-fall-in-violent-in-london

Either way I'm not defending Khan ('cos I'm fairly indifferent), rather adding some perspective to the laughable "the stone cold loser" nonsense.

In this case, the loser (apparently) has approval ratings way better than Trumps.. which was sorta the point :roll:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

You could be! You only need a $200m trust fund and a $200m inheritance to get you started. :hihi:

Chances are that almost every poster on this forum would be far far richer than Trump, if given the same start:

https://www.indy100.com/article/it-turns-out-donald-trump-would-actually-be-richer-now-if-hed-done-nothing-since-1974--b1lhFdzt_g

You'd actually have to be pretty stupid not to be..... :?

But but but...... you kept telling us he went bankrupt and was a failed businessman. Yet still earned $484 Million last year. I am certain you eclipsed that because you are so bright!

Are you saying your parents were not intelligent and could not leave you a good inheritance? And seeing how intelligent you are can you let us know which shares or Index tracker to invest in that are guaranteed to be worth more in 40 years time. Not only worth a bit more but a 3900% guaranteed return on investment. I await your reply. If only we all had a crystal ball like you we could be rich as well!!! Never mind the fact that you cannot touch the money and have to leave it invested! You can eat grass whilst watching your wealth grow.

I'll save you a reply because you can't name one and the person who wrote that has no clue on investing. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. See Neil Woodford and his fire sale on his fund now. He was the darling of investors.

1 hour ago, XXTickerXX said:

But but but...... you kept telling us he went bankrupt and was a failed businessman.

I did? I bet you can't quote me on that!

As businessmen go, considering the initial investment, he's not a great businessman... that much is certain.

As for bankruptcies, he has, 6 times :?

Yet still earned $484 Million last year. I am certain you eclipsed that because you are so bright!

As before, 99% of the posters on this forum would earn more, if they'd been given $400m over the last 40 years as Trump has.

Are you saying your parents were not intelligent and could not leave you a good inheritance?

I wouldn't know, they're not dead yet, but one thing is certain... they can spot that 4.2 is less than 5.1! :hihi:

Presumably your failure was in-fact, your parents fault?

5 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Btw, you do realise that "Obamacare" is a pejorative label placed on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act by its opponents, don't you?

Calling it Obamacare was a stupid move by the Republicans and has backfired on them massively. The Act benefits millions of poor Republican voters who get reminded that their improved healthcare access is down to the Democrats.

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Calling it Obamacare was a stupid move by the Republicans and has backfired on them massively. The Act benefits millions of poor Republican voters who get reminded that their improved healthcare access is down to the Democrats.

It also reminds all the average hard working taxpaying Americans, who disproportionally shoulder the burden of having to pay for it, that the policy is down to the Democrats.

11 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

It also reminds all the average hard working taxpaying Americans, who disproportionally shoulder the burden of having to pay for it, that the policy is down to the Democrats.

Hard working tax paying Americans on low incomes who don't have employer provided health schemes will also benefit from it - so don't try and imply it's only for the feckless.

Don't forget that most Americans, regardless of political persuasion, think their healthcare system is fundamentally flawed and also realise that they are only a pink slip[1] away from losing their health insurance.

[1] US equivalent of a P45.

20 hours ago, Magilla said:

If they had any intention of supplying them at half the price, why aren't they already to their US customers?

In Britain the world's 20 top-selling medicines are three times cheaper than in the U.S:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-u-s-pays-3-times-more-for-drugs/

You have missed the point of my post by a country mile.  Kudos to tinfoilhat for at least being sensible.