Mr Trump - All discussion here

A question for our two American contributors -

You both clearly admire your president, a man who is clearly racist, a pathological liar, self obsessed and has neanderthal attitudes to women - what does this say about you as people?

Is it the case that you know these things about him and don't care, or that you don't believe these things to be true?

Edited by Halibut

Rudy Gulliani is backtracking.  He is now saying that he has never denied there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, only that there was no collusion on Trump's part.  He can't rule out the possibility that some members of the campaign might have colluded with Russia.

He is clearly preparing the base for something significant.  My guess would be an indictment for Don Junior, related to the meeting in Trump Tower.

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

A question for our two American contributors -

You both clearly admire your president, a man who is clearly racist, a pathological liar, self obsessed and has neanderthal attitudes to women - what does this say about you as people?

Is it the case that you know these things about him and don't care, or that you don't believe these things to be true?

Not one of the two who has been contributing and I'm not on a border state but 90% of everyone I know has no respect for the President and they don't believe in this wall business either. The government shutdown has cost more more than the wall would have cost if it had been funded as requested.  I wonder how many Trump supporters will throw their vote in a different direction at the next election because they didn't get paid during the shutdown. Many I imagine. 

The Buzzfeed story is why conservatives knows the left is insane. The BBC is also now reporting on Buzzfeed news. Let that sink in. Buzzfeed..... They ran it on prime time news and it was a top ten story yesterday. No research. No corroboration. Just run the story without a single fact check. It only took them a day before issuing a correction. Not before it had gone a full news cycle though. They did similar with the Russian dossier that suddenly disappeared because it was proved to be fake. It's expected from CNN and Huffpost etc, but the BBC. Just disgusting.

There is nothing the media can say when Trump calls them "The enemy of the people" and "Fake news". They truly are. They gave up on reporting facts 2 years ago. Now they just run "opinion pieces" as actual news. They just give him more ammo day after day after day after day. I wonder if the day will come when they will get back to reporting on actual news. I really hope Trump sues Buzzfeed out of existence like Gawker.

Getting my popcorn out for the major announcement later. I wonder what it could be. 🤔

5 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

The Buzzfeed story is why conservatives knows the left is insane. The BBC is also now reporting on Buzzfeed news. Let that sink in. Buzzfeed..... They ran it on prime time news and it was a top ten story yesterday. No research. No corroboration. Just run the story without a single fact check. It only took them a day before issuing a correction. Not before it had gone a full news cycle though. They did similar with the Russian dossier that suddenly disappeared because it was proved to be fake. It's expected from CNN and Huffpost etc, but the BBC. Just disgusting.

There is nothing the media can say when Trump calls them "The enemy of the people" and "Fake news". They truly are. They gave up on reporting facts 2 years ago. Now they just run "opinion pieces" as actual news. They just give him more ammo day after day after day after day. I wonder if the day will come when they will get back to reporting on actual news. I really hope Trump sues Buzzfeed out of existence like Gawker.

Getting my popcorn out for the major announcement later. I wonder what it could be. 🤔

I can't seem to find this correction, perhaps you could put a link to it, please.

2 hours ago, max said:

I can't seem to find this correction, perhaps you could put a link to it, please.

Mueller had to issue a statement saying it is not true. He has never done that before. This time he had to because Barr will be confirmed as the new AG in the coming days and the first thing he will ask is "is this story true, if not then why did you not refute it". Mueller has been forced to defend Trump to save himself from being fired and he must be fuming. The BBC ran the story from Buzzfeed for 24 hours before Mueller had to come in to correct them.

1 hour ago, XXTickerXX said:

Mueller had to issue a statement saying it is not true. He has never done that before. This time he had to because Barr will be confirmed as the new AG in the coming days and the first thing he will ask is "is this story true, if not then why did you not refute it". Mueller has been forced to defend Trump to save himself from being fired and he must be fuming. The BBC ran the story from Buzzfeed for 24 hours before Mueller had to come in to correct them.

Thanks for that, but I've not seen any published correction of the Buzzfeed story, certainly not from the BBC.

On 17 January 2019 at 10:13, bendix said:

He is clearly preparing the base for something significant.  My guess would be an indictment for Don Junior, related to the meeting in Trump Tower.

I don't trust Giuliani a bit.

He keeps putting out statements that don't exactly help Trump's position. I'm starting to wonder if he has his eye on next year's Presidential election and Trump is too dumb to see it.

An interesting piece from Redneck Alabama on Channel Four News last week had interviews with Trump supporters who are starting to get frustrated with the  government shutdown. For an avowedly capitalist country, many US citizens rely on any number of government handouts from welfare to farming subsidies to compensation payments to soya producers hit by Trump's trade war with China. These payments are now halted by the shutdown.

Yes, all those interviewed thought that the Mexican wall is a good idea but they want to know where their money is. The problem with Trump being a corrupt, billionaire businessman is that he has absolutely no idea what it is like to be poor or short of money and at the end of the day people can't feed their families on dog whistle politics, red baseball caps and meaningless slogans.

12 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

They did similar with the Russian dossier that suddenly disappeared because it was proved to be fake. It's expected from CNN and Huffpost etc, but the BBC.

LOL, There is not a single allegation in the Russian dossier that has been "disproven", not one... and that's according to Fox News! Some of the more salacious allegations haven't been proven, but also haven't been disproven.

The dossier contains multiple allegations, some of which have been publicly verified. Oh dear....

According to the House Intelligence Committee, a major portion of the dossier's content is about Russian efforts to help Trump, and those allegations "turned out to be true".

"Proven fake" eh.. seems that's "fake news"! :rolleyes:

So, now Mueller is now an "honest guy" for you lot, can we assume that since he hasn't seen fit to dispute any of the other many allegations, they must be true? :hihi:

Just disgusting.

The irony.

There is nothing the media can say when Trump calls them "The enemy of the people" and "Fake news".

Of course there is, Trump is a world reknowned liar. He only has to open his mouth and you know there's an almost 100% chance the opposite is true!

When Trump shouts "fake news", you know there's something there!

They gave up on reporting facts 2 years ago.

Well, they didn't report his GDP figures as "Trump has achieved in 18 months what Obama couldn't in 8 years"... that was you, and you were wrong! :?

Trump has yet to match any of Obama's GDP highs... or his job creation figures... so sad :(

LOL, never mind kissing feet, Trump is going straight for the arse to save his own! :hihi:

It might even work!

Edited by Magilla

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

LOL, There is not a single allegation in the Russian dossier that has been "disproven", not one... and that's according to Fox News! Some of the more salacious allegations haven't been proven, but also haven't been disproven.

The dossier contains multiple allegations, some of which have been publicly verified. Oh dear....

According to the House Intelligence Committee, a major portion of the dossier's content is about Russian efforts to help Trump, and those allegations "turned out to be true".

"Proven fake" eh.. seems that's "fake news"! :rolleyes:

So, now Mueller is now an "honest guy" for you lot, can we assume that since he hasn't seen fit to dispute any of the other many allegations, they must be true? :hihi:

The irony.

Of course there is, Trump is a world reknowned liar. He only has to open his mouth and you know there's an almost 100% chance the opposite is true!

When Trump shouts "fake news", you know there's something there!

Well, they didn't report his GDP figures as "Trump has achieved in 18 months what Obama couldn't in 8 years"... that was you, and you were wrong! :?

Trump has yet to match any of Obama's GDP highs... or his job creation figures... so sad :(

LOL, never mind kissing feet, Trump is going straight for the arse to save his own! :hihi:

It might even work!

Trump was on Tv today pontificating and refuting Nancy Pelosi's claim  that walls are immoral, pointing out that walls are not immoral and 'they 'save lives. Which walls are 'they ' '? Sure'ly not the Berlin wall.

7 hours ago, St Petre said:

Trump was on Tv today pontificating and refuting Nancy Pelosi's claim  that walls are immoral, pointing out that walls are not immoral and 'they 'save lives. Which walls are 'they ' '? Sure'ly not the Berlin wall.

The only wall he will mean will be the Israeli one