Mr Trump - All discussion here

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen jailed for three years http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46546238

Three years?

When charges were first laid we were told a maximum sentence of 15 years and that the 'authorities' were looking for at least 10 years.

What has Cohen given up to the Mueller inquiry, to end up with such a light sentence? :D

anybody that wins the first presidential election is always going to be the favourite to win the second one. 

the number of presidents that have lost an election after four years earlier winning one, since 1945 is 2 (Carter and Bush Snr). 

however the number of presidents that have won 2 elections in a row, since 1945 is 6. 

bit of a difference. The smart money has got to be on Trump getting another term. 

He may have to stand again to avoid prison! :o

Some of the stuff that came out of the Cohen trial means that there is almost certainly more than enough evidence to prosecute Trump, which obviously can't be done while he is still in office.

I would like one, just one Sheffield person to come on here and state categorically exactly how Trump has affected their lives personally. 

For them to state the very impediment that he has made to them on a personal level. 

Has he affected your bin collection day?

Has he increased your council tax bill??

Is he always before you in the queue at the doctor's???

Did he pinch your last Rolo???

There's a lot of hate and general bad feeling about this bloke, but is it for a material matter, or is it just personal preference?  

I will start...... Yep, Mr Trump is a bit odd and he has the weirdest hairdo I've ever seen, but he's never actually done anything bad or nasty to me whilst he's been the President.

I keep an open mind......

2 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

I would like one, just one Sheffield person to come on here and state categorically exactly how Trump has affected their lives personally. 

For them to state the very impediment that he has made to them on a personal level. 

Has he affected your bin collection day?

Has he increased your council tax bill??

Is he always before you in the queue at the doctor's???

Did he pinch your last Rolo???

There's a lot of hate and general bad feeling about this bloke, but is it for a material matter, or is it just personal preference?  

I will start...... Yep, Mr Trump is a bit odd and he has the weirdest hairdo I've ever seen, but he's never actually done anything bad or nasty to me whilst he's been the President.

I keep an open mind......

Here's one to get the ball rolling. His persistent refusal to accept climate change as reality and do anything about it makes me fearful about the future for my children. His persistently anti-immigrant and racist rhetoric does likewise. 

That's a good one

Edited by SnailyBoy

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Here's one to get the ball rolling. His persistent refusal to accept climate change as reality and do anything about it makes me fearful about the future for my children. His persistently anti-immigrant and racist rhetoric does likewise. 

If our educational peers cannot decide whether diesel is good or bad for the environment, and if fats are either good or bad, and heaven knows what else they change their minds on, how can trump's stance on climate change be questioned when he relies on advisors to assist his position? Not really a valid excuse to dislike the man. As for his alleged position with a person's race or gender, these are again his own personal feelings. Agreed, these feelings aren't shared with the majority of us, and are abhorrent at best, and unlikely he will be elected again, but in any turn of events, is it acceptable to hate somebody based on their views when they've never actually been actioned??

There's no disagreement on climate change in the scientific community. Trumps chooses to ignore that.

Pretty dangerous, huh?

57 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

If our educational peers cannot decide whether diesel is good or bad for the environment, and if fats are either good or bad, and heaven knows what else they change their minds on

Pretty sure the verdict is out on diesel.... of course, the problem wasn't that experts didn't know the pitfalls of diesel, but that they were ignored by our polititians.

how can trump's stance on climate change be questioned when he relies on advisors to assist his position?

They don't assist his position, he's taken a stance that is at polar opposites to all the agencies that are tasked with advising him on the matter.

1 hour ago, BrexitGuy said:

So people should be concerned about any anything only if they're personally affected?

Wouldn't that lead to the problems like the diesel one above... oh yeah.. it does! :?

Nah...... what you're really saying is "I'm alright jack", or simply "I just don't care".

LOL, your forum name is "BrexitGuy", it's not like that wasn't entirely apparent :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, BrexitGuy said:

There's a lot of hate and general bad feeling about this bloke, but is it for a material

And interestingly, it usually seems to be Brexit supporters on here who come out to support him.

What does that tell you?

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Pretty sure the verdict is out on diesel.... of course, the problem wasn't that experts didn't know the pitfalls of diesel, but that they were ignored by our polititians.

They don't assist his position, he's taken a stance that is at polar opposites to all the agencies that are tasked with advising him on the matter.

So people should be concerned about any anything only if they're personally affected?

Wouldn't that lead to the problems like the diesel one above... oh yeah.. it does! :?

Nah...... what you're really saying is "I'm alright jack", or simply "I just don't care".

LOL, your forum name is "BrexitGuy", it's not like that wasn't entirely apparent :hihi:

Lol, my user name is BrexitGuy. This of course has a meaning which is completely transparent. However a little research on your user name has thrown up some truly non politically correct meanings. 

How is one supposed to guess as to whether you are fond of the Hannah Barbera creation or maybe something less savory??

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And interestingly, it usually seems to be Brexit supporters on here who come out to support him.

What does that tell you?

Tells me nothing. What does it tell you? Come on, spit it out??

2 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

If our educational peers cannot decide whether diesel is good or bad for the environment, and if fats are either good or bad, and heaven knows what else they change their minds on, how can trump's stance on climate change be questioned when he relies on advisors to assist his position? Not really a valid excuse to dislike the man.

Of course it is. The science is settled and he chooses to ignore it - he's actively stripping away environmental protections and persisting in promoting fossil fuels, actions which threaten his own people and ultimately, all of us.

As for his alleged position with a person's race or gender, these are again his own personal feelings. Agreed, these feelings aren't shared with the majority of us, and are abhorrent at best, and unlikely he will be elected again, but in any turn of events, is it acceptable to hate somebody based on their views when they've never actually been actioned??

They have been actioned. His actions have directly led to thousands of children being separated from their parents. They've led to his idiotic and futile attempts to build a border wall. His refusal to condemn white nationalists, his anti Muslim rhetoric and his vitriolic and hateful speech directed at immigrants have surely contributed to the increase in hate crimes - up 17% in 2017 according to the FBI https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/13/fbi-data-hate-crimes-rise-us-report