Mr Trump - All discussion here

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodview View Post

Hmm that's a fair point. Trump is obviously toe curling slimey, but Macron making the comment about forming a european army to defend it against the USA is equally disrepectful at that time.

Except he said nothing of the sort.

Mis-reporting including the BBC. Most stories ran Macron saying the army was to protect against various including usa. Your link suggests he was only talking about cyber threats.

I'm not sure waiting until you're 8,000 miles away before daring to say anything counts :?

Hmmm, let me think, maybe because Trump has spent the last year telling them they're going to be on their own in future :suspect:

As usual, Trumps short sightedness is the catylist that creates the problem in the first place ;)

I think the US has been saying they are going to have to put more money into the NATO pot.

I am not sure there is a "Pot" per se.

I believe the agreement was that all NATO countries would spend 2% of their GNP on defence spending, ie. that could be utilised for NATO defence. This could be in the form of weapons, armed forces personnel, R & D, infrastructure etc with the intention the spending is to be for NATO group defence purposes. The UK meets this criteria but many other countries don't, including Germany.

Trumps complaint is that "If you want to play, you have got to pay," and this is one of the very few things I agree with him on

In the latest installment of 'How catastrophically stupid can a President be?' Trump talks some total BS about forest fires - "You gotta take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest, very important... I was with the President of Finland... he called it a forest nation and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things and they don't have any problem."

Nothing to do with a totally different climate then you total moron?

On 11/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, Halibut said:

In the latest installment of 'How catastrophically stupid can a President be?' Trump talks some total BS about forest fires - "You gotta take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest, very important... I was with the President of Finland... he called it a forest nation and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things and they don't have any problem."

Nothing to do with a totally different climate then you total moron?

Seems the president of Finland can't remember mentioning it :?

Edited by Magilla

A  White House spokesperson said this evening that Mr Trump has had 2 really good night's sleep while Sheffield Forum was closed down. He is now refreshed and waiting to batten down the hatches from tonight onwards. Lol

2 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

A  White House spokesperson said this evening that Mr Trump has had 2 really good night's sleep while Sheffield Forum was closed down. He is now refreshed and waiting to batten down the hatches from tonight onwards. Lol

Doesn't look like it:

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/417342-the-memo-trump-seethes-two-weeks-after-midterms

:hihi:

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Seems the president of Finland can't remember mentioning it :?

Trump was just suspicious about the Finnish president saying that the forests were kept clean by reindeers grazing, so he used poetic license to save the guy from embarrassment.?

12 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Trump was just suspicious about the Finnish president saying that the forests were kept clean by reindeers grazing, so he used poetic license to save the guy from embarrassment.?

Hmmm, doesn't seem to have worked.

Of course, the forests aren't the issue, it's primarily scrubland that is most prone to starting fires... oh dear :(

Trump looks like a fool yet again :?

Edited by Magilla

6 hours ago, Magilla said:

Of course, the forests aren't the issue, it's primarily scrubland that is most prone to starting fires... oh dear :(

6 hours ago, Magilla said:

Well you don't start fires with a tree trunk, do you? Of course, scrubland and dry fallen branches are starting hot spots for fires in heavily forested areas.  However, most are usually started by humans( campfires, tire blowouts, arson etc)  plus aggravated dry weather and high wind changes. Anyway when it starts,dry scrub grass and fallen branches are the kindling.

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Well you don't start fires with a tree trunk, do you? Of course, scrubland and dry fallen branches are starting hot spots for fires in heavily forested areas.  However, most are usually started by humans( campfires, tire blowouts, arson etc)  plus aggravated dry weather and high wind changes. Anyway when it starts,dry scrub grass and fallen branches are the kindling.

LOL... I can hear the wheels turning on that one :hihi:

"Lock Her Up!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46271021