Mr Trump - All discussion here

Whoa, hold up there!

Trump gets elected, gives half of his family jobs in the White House, and gives the rest of them top level security access. They invite all their rich friends around and take selfies of themselves in the Oval Office. His son in law was up to his neck in the Russian collusion. His daughter tried to use her position to boost her clothing range.

Are you seriously suggesting that his family should be left out of it?

Yes . If they have done anything illegal , that would be a different matter

The trophy wife bit , the he bought her bit , the she knows she will be traded in for a younger model bit . If you don't find those words offensive , then :roll:

None are offensive, unfair... maybe.. but offensive...nah. I think most people wouldn't be offended by them unless they're going out of their way to be.

Trophy wives do exist, as do people who only marry for money. Nothing wrong with speculating about that.

The same can't be said for the comments aimed at the Obamas, most of which were basically racist attacks with no basis in reality. Most (normal) people would and are offended by them.

As for the Michelle Obama comments yes they were offensive but I had never heard of them before you posted them .

I can't imagine why, both and many others were widely covered in the media throughout Obamas tenure.

I think you're trying to excuse the truely offensive things said about Michelle by trying to suggest the comments aimed at Melania are somehow comparable.... clearly, they're not, not even in the same league.

Yes . If they have done anything illegal , that would be a different matter

I disagree.

People that rich have the ability to buy privacy if they want it. If they join the whole public clown circus that is Trump's White House, they have made a choice to put themselves in the spotlight and should expect to have to deal with any criticism* that comes along with it.

(* and when I say criticism I mean criticism and not abuse!)

Trump's fans are becoming as deluded and crazy as he is! :D

I dont think they will see how bad he is UNTIL ITS TOO LATE!!!

None are offensive, unfair... maybe.. but offensive...nah. I think most people wouldn't be offended by them unless they're going out of their way to be.

Trophy wives do exist, as do people who only marry for money. Nothing wrong with speculating about that.

The same can't be said for the comments aimed at the Obamas, most of which were basically racist attacks with no basis in reality. Most (normal) people would and are offended by them.

I can't imagine why, both and many others were widely covered in the media throughout Obamas tenure.

I think you're trying to excuse the truely offensive things said about Michelle by trying to suggest the comments aimed at Melania are somehow comparable.... clearly, they're not, not even in the same league.

I can assure you ,Im not trying to excuse anything said about Michelle Obama , if they are as you said then they are disgusting .I have said many times on this forum ,I don't read newspapers , I get my news from the television . If someone said your wife/daughter were bought and paid for ,would you find that offensive ?

I disagree.

People that rich have the ability to buy privacy if they want it. If they join the whole public clown circus that is Trump's White House, they have made a choice to put themselves in the spotlight and should expect to have to deal with any criticism* that comes along with it.

(* and when I say criticism I mean criticism and not abuse!)

And I disagree with you . What have they done wrong to warrant your criticism? Other than being rich

And I disagree with you . What have they done wrong to warrant your criticism? Other than being rich

Surely that depends what they have done?

And you are still not getting the Melania thing, are you? What Donald and Melania have is a business arrangement, and stating that is simply pointing out a truth.

If anyone should take offence it should be Trump for being an orange minger who can't get a woman unless he pays for her.

And as someone has already pointed out, most people on this thread, including myself, are supportive of Melania.

I can assure you ,Im not trying to excuse anything said about Michelle Obama , if they are as you said then they are disgusting .I have said many times on this forum ,I don't read newspapers , I get my news from the television.

Fair enough.

If someone said your wife/daughter were bought and paid for ,would you find that offensive ?

I'm sure I would, whether society at large would also be offended.. doubtful.

There may be some truth to the speculation about Melania, there wasn't any in the comments aimed at Michelle.

Regardless, I don't believe they're on the same scale in terms of comparison so back to your original question... no, I don't think it's the "same type of hysterical" in any way, shape or form.

Fair enough.

I'm sure I would, whether society at large would also be offended.. doubtful.

There may be some truth to the speculation about Melania, there wasn't any in the comments aimed at Michelle.

Regardless, I don't believe they're on the same scale in terms of comparison so back to your original question... no, I don't think it's the "same type of hysterical" in any way, shape or form.

Fair enough

---------- Post added 07-09-2018 at 21:35 ----------

Surely that depends what they have done?

And you are still not getting the Melania thing, are you? What Donald and Melania have is a business arrangement, and stating that is simply pointing out a truth.

If anyone should take offence it should be Trump for being an orange minger who can't get a woman unless he pays for her.

And as someone has already pointed out, most people on this thread, including myself, are supportive of Melania.

But what have they done ?

But what have they done ?

I'm not saying that they have done anything.

The point I am making is that if they have done anything to attract criticism in connection with Trump's presidency, being a family member should not give them immunity from that criticism.

Looks like the "so called" Nike boycot didn't actually exist, turns out it was nothing more than wishful thinking..... poor old Ticker, played again :hihi:

Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/405633-nikes-online-sales-surge-after-kaepernick-ads-revealed-report

..online sales for the sportswear brand grew 31 percent from last Sunday through Tuesday, a 17 percent gain over the number recorded for the same period in 2017.

So much for "getting killed" :?