Mr Trump - All discussion here

Once again your post has got nothing to do with the subject that I started so I will no longer reply to any of your posts.

Fine, I understand it was awkward for you. However, it won't stop me commenting on your posts.

Fine, I understand it was awkward for you. However, it won't stop me commenting on your posts.

It wasn't really awkward you came along and did your damned best to destroy a reasonable sensible debate and you won. Congratulations way to shut down any and all discussion that you might disagree with, you and Mussolini have probably learned from the same play book.

Although the BBC may be right to publish what they do I doubt that it needs to be headline news which should be used for more important matters, a majority of Trumps tweets are stupid and without substance and should be relegated to some section designed for such things.

They only report on a very small proportion of his tweets and those I've seen them report seem sufficiently significant. The fact that they are frequently facile or he comments on things you aren't concerned about doesn't stop them from being newsworthy.

BTW I think the BBC has been leaning left for a few years now, this does not mean that I lean right, I think that all media should stay politically neutral and report the facts in the proper order that they deserve reporting and stop sensationalising Trump and his tweets.

Given those of both left and right persuasions accuse the BBC of being biased against them, frequently even in the same report, I'm always doubtful when someone claims the BBC are biased whilst professing themselves to not be. Are you sure you're not blind to your own biases?

They only report on a very small proportion of his tweets and those I've seen them report seem sufficiently significant. The fact that they are frequently facile or he comments on things you aren't concerned about doesn't stop them from being newsworthy.

Given those of both left and right persuasions accuse the BBC of being biased against them, frequently even in the same report, I'm always doubtful when someone claims the BBC are biased whilst professing themselves to not be. Are you sure you're not blind to your own biases?

Sorry altus, you may be correct and the tweets may be significant to a majority and they may belong on the front page but my personal opinion is that there are a lot more important things going on in this world than a tweet and I personally feel that the BBC should be more dedicated to domestic issues that to tweets, for example the "my button is bigger than yours" issue, really? that makes headline news while we have kids getting stabbed to death left, right and centre, we have shootings, muggings, robberies and murders and that's the headline. As for the leaning left, it is something that I felt without doing any research and I have just had a quick look now and it appears that quote a lot of ex BBC people like Andrew Marr, Peter Sissons and Mark Thomson to name a few all feel that the BBC is left leaning.

Here's a link I just dug up, I haven't done any digging as to the validity or source but you can have a read if you want - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/what-is-the-loneliest-job-in-britain-being-a-tory-at-the-bbc-7245499.html

Edited by samonosuke

It wasn't really awkward you came along and did your damned best to destroy a reasonable sensible debate and you won. Congratulations way to shut down any and all discussion that you might disagree with, you and Mussolini have probably learned from the same play book.

This all stemmed from your words, "I have no real opinion on Trump".

Is it because you've never seen him or met him?

This all stemmed from your words, "I have no real opinion on Trump".

Is it because you've never seen him or met him?

I have no opinion because the only source of information that would give me that information is biased either one way or another, If I read Fox News I would think that he would be the best thing since sliced bread, If I read CNN I would think that he is the Devil incarnate, this is the point - we are all being fed a story by organisations and people who lost all credibility when they decided they were no longer neutral and either are Democratic \ Labour \ left or Republican \ Conservative \ right. The world has lost it's way and the opinion that you have is based on the "facts" that you have read, I doubt that you have met Trump but I am sure that you don't like him, BTW - everyone loved him before he became president apparently (according to a news source) so that may be a lie as well. But finally I can not give you an opinion on a man I have never met and who's policies do not directly affect me.

I have voted Labour, Conservative and Lib Dems and often change my vote depending on circumstances.

There you have my political thinking I have switched to whoever I thought best at the time, I am neither left nor right, just sat in the middle.

I have no opinion because the only source of information that would give me that information is biased either one way or another, If I read Fox News I would think that he would be the best thing since sliced bread, If I read CNN I would think that he is the Devil incarnate, this is the point - we are all being fed a story by organisations and people who lost all credibility when they decided they were no longer neutral and either are Democratic \ Labour \ left or Republican \ Conservative \ right. The world has lost it's way and the opinion that you have is based on the "facts" that you have read, I doubt that you have met Trump but I am sure that you don't like him, BTW - everyone loved him before he became president apparently (according to a news source) so that may be a lie as well. But finally I can not give you an opinion on a man I have never met and who's policies do not directly affect me.

I have voted Labour, Conservative and Lib Dems and often change my vote depending on circumstances.

There you have my political thinking I have switched to whoever I thought best at the time, I am neither left nor right, just sat in the middle.

What sources do you use for information on anything or anywhere that you haven't experienced or visited?

What sources do you use for information on anything or anywhere that you haven't experienced or visited?

I don't really know what you want me to say. I am now in my late 40s with a serious heart condition so I my days of experiencing and visiting are limited and as such I really don't care about most places, I have my favourites and intend to continue to visit those places as much as possible, to be honest my wife tells me where we are going. As for anything else I tend to read lots of different news sites and try to make an opinion as for Trump everywhere is polarised so it is impossible for me to form an opinion.

Sorry altus, you may be correct and the tweets may be significant to a majority and they may belong on the front page but my personal opinion is that there are a lot more important things going on in this world than a tweet and I personally feel that the BBC should be more dedicated to domestic issues that to tweets, for example the "my button is bigger than yours" issue, really? that makes headline news while we have kids getting stabbed to death left, right and centre, we have shootings, muggings, robberies and murders and that's the headline.

If you get past Trump's language you realise the report was about the leader of the USA issuing veiled threats to use nuclear weapons. Nuclear willy waving between two countries' leaders if newsworthy even if it's unlikely to come to anything. I haven't noticed an absence on the BBC of reports on kids getting stabbed to death left, right and centre, nor on muggings, robberies and murders"

Here's a link I just dug up, I haven't done any digging as to the validity or source but you can have a read if you want - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/what-is-the-loneliest-job-in-britain-being-a-tory-at-the-bbc-7245499.html

I'm not sure someone plugging a book they've just published counts as unbiased.

I don't really know what you want me to say. I am now in my late 40s with a serious heart condition so I my days of experiencing and visiting are limited and as such I really don't care about most places, I have my favourites and intend to continue to visit those places as much as possible, to be honest my wife tells me where we are going. As for anything else I tend to read lots of different news sites and try to make an opinion as for Trump everywhere is polarised so it is impossible for me to form an opinion.

Trump polarises opinion, you aren't going to get a washy washy version of him because there isn't one. You either back his wild tweets, cavalier approach to immigrants human rights and his hands-on work with North Korea or you don't.

Theresa May, you can ask 100 people and a sizeable chunk will say "meh", trump, love him or loath him won't get that response.

But don't read media opinions - you don't have to, just watch what he says or what he tweets. He bypasses the traditional media a lot anyway so it's not hard to do.

Trump polarises opinion, you aren't going to get a washy washy version of him because there isn't one. You either back his wild tweets, cavalier approach to immigrants human rights and his hands-on work with North Korea or you don't.

Theresa May, you can ask 100 people and a sizeable chunk will say "meh", trump, love him or loath him won't get that response.

But don't read media opinions - you don't have to, just watch what he says or what he tweets. He bypasses the traditional media a lot anyway so it's not hard to do.

I choose the third option - I don't really care about American politics and have better things to do with my life.

Do you think that most Americans have an opinion about Theresa May?

Edited by samonosuke

Samonosuke, stop responding to the trolling for gods sake.