Mr Trump - All discussion here

It does come up in many of his posts :suspect: I bet he comes back with a question :)

I don’t think for one moment that Clinton is perfect by a long chalk...but, to a degree she’s socially aware of the humanities of man...she has a concept of empathy...Trump has no concept of this..he’s a narcissist, a misogynist, a crook, a liar and a cheat, amongst other things . He plays the President rather than being presidential. Great leaders admit when they are wrong and take criticism as an opportunity for development..many believe that being a success in business is a great foundation for running the most powerful nation on earth..it isn’t...he lacks the humility.

I think you said in one of your previous posts to another poster ...”you only see what you want to see”, I can see why this concept rings with you.

Clinton won the American popular vote by nearly 3 million...if every individual vote counted then Clinton would be in the presidency. I know that’ll stick in your throat but it’s the reality. There’s nothing democratic about the college vote in the US... The fact that you can lose the popular vote but manage to win the election is fundamentally wrong and undemocratic...and this is supposedly the cradle of democracy? I think not.

But it’s their country and their business, what has their electoral system got to do with the UK?

Are you prejudiced against rich white people?

I maintain a healthy degree of sceptisism about them...

I maintain a healthy degree of sceptisism about them...

Does that apply to rich people of all ethnicities, or do you reserve it solely for white folk?

But it’s their country and their business, what has their electoral system got to do with the UK?

Because the U.K isn’t the center of my world view...plus I was asked a question.

there is no way that a majority vote electoral system where the winner is whoever gets 50% +1 could ever possibly be applied to the US.

the country is far too big and also it is going against an integral part of what it is, perhaps THE most integral part, that it is composed not merely of 330 million people, but 50 states that each have a unique identity too.

only a very minimal number of people in the USA apart from a few whining left-liberals who will whine about anything, not just the electoral system, want to change it.

with electoral systems it is very difficult to change them anywhere. People have got used to way it is, whatever it is. Basically, what ever you've got, you're stuck with it.

I don’t think for one moment that Clinton is perfect by a long chalk...but, to a degree she’s socially aware of the humanities of man...she has a concept of empathy...Trump has no concept of this..he’s a narcissist, a misogynist, a crook, a liar and a cheat, amongst other things . He plays the President rather than being presidential. Great leaders admit when they are wrong and take criticism as an opportunity for development..many believe that being a success in business is a great foundation for running the most powerful nation on earth..it isn’t...he lacks the humility.

I think you said in one of your previous posts to another poster ...”you only see what you want to see”, I can see why this concept rings with you.

Clinton won the American popular vote by nearly 3 million...if every individual vote counted then Clinton would be in the presidency. I know that’ll stick in your throat but it’s the reality. There’s nothing democratic about the college vote in the US... The fact that you can lose the popular vote but manage to win the election is fundamentally wrong and undemocratic...and this is supposedly the cradle of democracy? I think not.

I promise you it dosent stick in my throat . I couldn't care less who is the president of the USA because I have no power over it

it doesnt, its in general discussions, it can be generally discussed like everything else.

trying to muddy the water since you dont agree with andbreathes very truthful post ;)

---------- Post added 31-03-2018 at 16:39 ----------

I promise you it dosent stick in my throat . I couldn't care less who is the president of the USA because I have no power over it

oh i think it does matter to the whole world, hes the president of the most powerful country on the planet

---------- Post added 31-03-2018 at 19:08 ----------

Talking about trump, just read this

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/381092-trump-amazon-scam-costing-postal-service-billions

his new target is amazon, basically hes saying amazon is ripping off the US postal service, but theres also this nugget

“It's been explained to him in multiple meetings that his perception is inaccurate and that the post office actually makes a ton of money from Amazon," a source close to Trump told Axios.

so is he right? partly right? or completely wrong?

it doesnt, its in general discussions, it can be generally discussed like everything else.

trying to muddy the water since you dont agree with andbreathes very truthful post ;)

oh i think it does matter to the whole world, hes the president of the most powerful country on the planet

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/381092-trump-amazon-scam-costing-postal-service-billions

his new target is amazon, basically hes saying amazon is ripping off the US postal service, but theres also this nugget

"president of the most powerful country on the planet" And yours and others name calling , changes what ?

notice how Trump is sticking up for an arm of the Federal government. He got it wrong, but the important thing is his instinct was that he wanted to stick up for it in the first place. A true conservative like Reagan, would never have done that.

He's a leftist, Trump. Now and again it shows, and this is one of those times.

Pull the other one...you’re not bothered but you ask ‘Clinton vs Trump. If you’re not bothered it beggars why you’re even bothering on the thread. As for “name calling”...why would that concern you? :suspect:

Just cant understand the vitriol, allegations and name calling

This is the real reason why Trump has started a feud with Amazon:

https://gizmodo.com/trumps-one-sided-feud-with-amazon-continues-to-fester-1824230307

President Donald Trump’s dumb feud with Amazon—a company he almost certainly hates solely because it’s owned by billionaire Jeff Bezos, who also owns the Trump-critical Washington Post—continued on Saturday with another series of incoherent tweets

It shows how 2 faced Trump is when he brags about his policies bringing business and jobs to America,then he criticises business for using the system in place for them to do that business,plus this:

Trump has long insisted that Amazon doesn’t pay “internet taxes,” which aren’t a thing. He’s also repeatedly claimed it doesn’t pay taxes to state and local governments, which is at best highly misleading and overlooks the more valid contention that it paid zero in federal taxes in 2017 thanks in part ($787 million!) to Trump and his fellow Republicans’ own tax law. Another bone he has to pick with Amazon, whether or not it’s effectively subsidized by the US Postal Service, is also not really based on the evidence.
Edited by chalga