Did anyone watch the Bayern v Celtic game?

Talk about a stroll in the park,that was men against boys if ever I've seen it!

Do not be fooled by the flattering 0-3 loss. In all honestly it could and should have been that score after the first 10 minutes such was the complete dominance of Bayern.

What really surprised me was the fitness / stamina of the Bayern players in comparison to their rather piggy shaped opponents!

Robben on the right wing - it looked like he was up against a pub / veteran left back opponent in Kieren Tierney.

Robben was making off the ball runs and his opponent simply did not have the stamina to follow him!

How the score stayed at only 3-0 is a mystery.

On a positive note,Scott Brown was the only Celtic player who had anywhere near the composure,skill and vision to get anywhere near the Bayern team.

James Forrest too looked very good when he came on.

The rest were average and many were awful including Patrick Roberts who was guilty of some terrible final balls.

After watching Liverpool outclass Maribor last night - this was probably even more one sided!

Did you see the return at celtic park celtic just lost 1/2 and deserved at least a draw

and don't forget theres a huge difference in players bought for plus Barern Munich like Psg whom are also in Celtics group are both teams seen as top favs to win the champs league

along side Real Madrid and Barcelona only because of money.

As for Keiron Tierney he is only 20 yrs of age and the best defender in his position in the UK

as all pundits reckon also and after the game at Celtic park v Bayern

and is the sole reason Celtic just have got him on a 6 yr contract signed now

although he Tierney is celtic mad as a young guy was a ball boy at the club around 9 yrs of age ..he was then reared from a young age in the training ground

and is seen by Danny McGrain a stalward defender for both Celtic and Scotland in his day

as the best defender for yrs Tierney and he and I and many others have no doubt in few yrs from now he shall be snapped up by the money bags teams

being one of the top 4 in the Epl or Real Madrid or such likes and he may go or may not because of his love for Celtic fc ..

Celtic were a different side in the replay v Bayern and admitted they sat back to deep

away to Bayern and gave them too much respect ..whereas in return they went and had a go at them as they did Man c last season when there were nothing between the teams in both games home and away ..even although Man city spend many millions on their players in comparison to celtic whom rear their own players or buy the odd player they think has potential and then sell them on when they show up well in the champs league

for a profit for instance Wanyama , Vandyke , Fraser Forster all for instance came at a bargain cheap price and Celtic made some millions from them

but at same time teams in the Epl get a bargain buy with such ..and its something Celtic now see as stopping players going for on the cheap when they look at the price some players are moving for to the Epl for these days .

Celtic are pushing way above their weight in the champs league and by that I mean going through 3 qualifyers before start of the league season which isn't easy

Celtic have all the top facilities with infrastructure with ground 2nd to none

fanbase 2nd to none with season tickets sold out way in advance every season

training facilities 2nd to none ..and just because they are a Scottish club whom play their football always have done in Scotland then the tv rights and winning the Spl title

receive a pittance in comparison to even the lowest side at the bottom of the Epl

even make many millions of £s more ..even although Celtic fc are huge in comparison

Both Celtic and rangers wanted into the Epl set up but this was discarded by the English authorities and why ? You have 2 welsh clubs play their football in England

is their a difference ?

Whatever Celtic fc became the very first team from Britain whom brought the European cup back onto British and Scottish soil way back in 1967

when they defeated Inter Milan in Portugal after a penalty goal down at half time 0/1

came back and thoroughly deserved the 2/1 win in the end to become not just the first from Britain ..but only Scottish club side to win such and done such a feat with an entirely

Scottish team ..Its History which cant be beaten , now that's what I call a feat in itself .

Now check results tonights games for instance Everton v Lyon 0/3 to Lyon

Everton are a Epl team and haven't gained one point from an easier group

than what Celtic were in .

and Everton because of tv rights in England bring in much more £s than Celtic fc do

its not a level playing field at all ..but having said such id still fancy Celtic to win v Everton

any day of the week and same goes v most English Epl sides today.

As for Leeds in England theyre a sleeping giant in England i reckon

and makes me still think today as to what happened with them way back .

Edited by Bullseyex3

The Welsh clubs aren't in it because they want to cash in after their own league made a **** up of their competition,that's why Rangers and Celtic want in,to join the cash cow league and start milking it,we don't want them in.

Yes a totally different game,though Bayern were short of a few players especially their striker.

A much better team selected by Rogers too.

Lustig at right back improved the defence a lot.

McGregor in the midfield played well. Lots and lots of skill and energy!

Certainly looks like Brown,Armstrong and McGregor are going to be the first choice midfield for a while now.

Mcgregor well and truly proved against Bayern that he should have been playing against Slovenia!

James Forrest was on fire - and again Strachan left him out against Slovenia!

Armstrong missed a sitter and probably cost Celtic at least a draw.

Funny,it was his wayward pass against England that turned the ball over for Kane's goal too.

Celtic's fans are clearly some of the best in the world - amazing atmosphere!

Edited by MAC33

Yes a totally different game,though Bayern were short of a few players especially their striker.

A much better team selected by Rogers too.

Lustig at right back improved the defence a lot.

McGregor in the midfield played well. Lots and lots of skill and energy!

Certainly looks like Brown,Armstrong and McGregor are going to be the first choice midfield for a while now.

Mcgregor well and truly proved against Bayern that he should have been playing against Slovenia!

James Forrest was on fire - and again Strachan left him out against Slovenia!

Armstrong missed a sitter and probably cost Celtic at least a draw.

Funny,it was his wayward pass against England that turned the ball over for Kane's goal too.

Celtic's fans are clearly some of the best in the world - amazing atmosphere!

I agree ^ the first goal also Bayern scored should have been cleared by the central defender Boyata with a high ball in the air coming down then a top central defender shouldn't even allow the ball to bounce on the ground and should have made sure he was no 1 at it from the air to head clear

but the goalie Gordon should've stayed nearbye his line and also

As for McGregor he should always be in the team and was a mistake last time leaving him out for both Celtic and Scotland away to Slovenia

Yes Celtic park all the top players inc Messi say its their fav ground with the atmosphere the fans give out .

As for the English authorities don't want both celtic and rangers i can understand that because quite simply with the huge support both these clubs have and say going into the Epl to play their football then all businessmen from Lands End to John O' Groats would be falling over themselves to want to be a part of them 2 sleeping giants in the game

as moneys rolling in even for tv rights alone in England is huge

and sadly as things are Celtic for instance make a pittance in comparison

to the bottom team in the Epl ..and yet Celtic fc are huge in comparison over majority of

the English sides and many know this to be facts but wont admit such .

But today Celtic are pushing above their weight in the champs league only because of lack of moneys made because celtic play their football in the Spl in Scotland

But now although picked up 3 points away to Anderlecht with a 0/3 win away in their group are seen to make 3rd place and drop down to the Europa league

after the final game they have v Anderlecht in Glasgow ..and i feel they can go on a good run in such . As for the Welsh league ? Didn't even know their was one :D

Edited by Bullseyex3

Funny how we never heard a peep when Celtic were being beaten by teams nobody had ever heard of in Europe before,I suppose that was because there wasn't a level playing field either.

I saw the game, Celtic were very impressive. They deserved a draw.

Regarding joining the EPL, I reckon it's all down to money. I remember when Bradford were in the EPL they got more money for being near the bottom than Celtic did for winning the league in Scotland.

It would arguably improve the EPL if Celtic and Rangers joined, but what would be left in the Scottish league?

I saw the game, Celtic were very impressive. They deserved a draw.

Regarding joining the EPL, I reckon it's all down to money. I remember when Bradford were in the EPL they got more money for being near the bottom than Celtic did for winning the league in Scotland.

It would arguably improve the EPL if Celtic and Rangers joined, but what would be left in the Scottish league?

Also celtic were without Griffiths and Patrick Roberts in this game also.

Celtic should've won this game but for the mistake at the beginning

when Boyata let the ball sail over his head and then Craig Gordon

the keeper went way out of his goals and should've stayed nearbye his goal line instead .

A gd centre back would've read that situation I feel and headed the ball away and its now a central defender celtic are looking for I read in todays paper as Siminuvic often is out injured as he was in this game also and hes said to be Celtics better central defender and Boyata still has much to learn although looks good in most games but at this level mistakes are punished as it was seen here . For Bayerns 2nd goal Lustig should've as Chris Sutton said done better

he watched and let the Bayern guy rise up to get a free header in on goal which went in the net although was a gd header .

So for me both Boyata and Gordon to blame for their first goal and Lustig for their winner.

Ive said all along Celtic need a better class of central defender and shouldve went for such

last summer in time to bed a new guy into the team ..its a must now .

orrests through ball for Celtics McGregor was perfect weighted onto McGregor

and he McGregor is one of many young guys brought through the youth set up

at Celtic and has played well all season and very calm he seems all the time

and takes chances well .

As Harry sais ^ Armstrong should've scored also with chance he had .

You tube shows the highlights i cant post on here for now .

Edited by Bullseyex3

Were the Old Firm allowed to join the EPL - then in next to no time they would turn the big 6 in to the big 8.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt.

Both clubs are massive,possibly two of the biggest clubs in the world.

The SPL would continue but just a semi pro comp with crowds around half or less what they currently are.

I guess the likes of Hearts,Hibernian and Aberdeen could join the lower leagues in England too.

Both Celtic and rangers wanted into the Epl set up but this was discarded by the English authorities and why ? You have 2 welsh clubs play their football in England

is their a difference ?

Celtic and Rangers are/were not in the Football League unlike Cardiff, Swansea, a Newport, a Merthyr and Wrexham. When they joined there was no English or Welsh Football League - it was the Football League.

Most Welsh clubs predate a Welsh league that covered the whole of Wales so the top teams in the North play(ed) in the Cheshire League and the Northern Premier and those in the South playing in South of England equivalents.

Members of the Football League(now rebranded EFL) can be promoted to the Premier League (still the same name).

Were the Old Firm allowed to join the EPL - then in next to no time they would turn the big 6 in to the big 8.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt.

Both clubs are massive,possibly two of the biggest clubs in the world.

The SPL would continue but just a semi pro comp with crowds around half or less what they currently are.

I guess the likes of Hearts,Hibernian and Aberdeen could join the lower leagues in England too.

Facts are no other team from Scotland are interested in the Epl - English football league

and lets be honest in that the Epl top sides are way over rated ..as when you check in how much millions they spend on player sales and wages given out as moneys made is many millions

then you can see how over rated their teams are .

Im more then sure IF Celtic or rangers joined up with the English Epl

in a cple of season Celtic would be champions of such because their support is bigger and more so fanatic plus as ive mentioned businessmen from lands end to John O'Groats would be falling over themselfs as would be wanting to be a part of 2 huge clubs which would take over in a few yrs ..But facts are now as I type it seems both clubs were with a cple other sides from other countries likes Holland and Ajax and Rosenborg in Norway and some others were talk of a European type league set up with them .

But i reckon both Celtic and Rangers and Rangers whom have been in a mess in recent times are both destined now and happy enough to stay put in Scotland as after all both are Scottish teams ..As for i mentioned 2 Welsh clubs play in the Epl Swansea and Cardiff city well the English authorities are frightened of both auld firm clubs as they know the huge fanbase they have and how huge both would become in their league set up in that in just a cple of seasons they would take over and they don't want to see such happen and why both clubs were refused .

Nobody wants to see 2 teams from another country parachuted into their league when they have done absolutely nothing to deserve it,basically doing them a favour,not the EPL who have worldwide domination already,we don't need bandwagon jumpers down here who's main aim of EPL membership is to enrich themselves financially and get themselves a higher profile on the back of English football.

Scottish independence seems like a great idea to may Scots,except when it comes to football,then the other face is shown and they want in.