Have I imagined this ? 'The Pygmies' cartoon strip?

I was recently having a discussion about old comics in the sixties and seventies, and by this I mean kid's paper comics, not the likes of Ken Dodd et al !

Thinking back to how politically incorrect they were, so for instance they had fat kids, ugly kids, spotty kids, kids who walked funny, inferior Dad's, battleaxe mothers, thiefs, delinquent kids etc, well you get the picture. However, for a short period in the sixties I seem to remember there was a cartoon strip called 'The Pygmies' or something like that. Basically they were an African tribe, they had spears and grass skirts. I seemed to think they were in the early Beezer or Topper comics, which were quite large and sort of the size and shape of a Tabloid newspaper. So, just to prove to myself that this was true, I have googled it in so many ways, and it's like it has been airbrushed out of history, I can't find it listed in any series of characters from the comics.

Does anyone out there remember it? I'm talking maybe a short period from say 1965 to maybe 1969/70 ???

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 14:52 ----------

Please don't say no one remembers :roll:

Don't know if it was a cartoon strip of its own. yes I remember them, they h

ad bones through their noses. They were part of another strip, maybe with

Noddy and Big Ears. I think it was in the Dandy or Beano.

Don't know if it was a cartoon strip of its own. yes I remember them, they h

ad bones through their noses. They were part of another strip, maybe with

Noddy and Big Ears. I think it was in the Dandy or Beano.

And there was always two men in khakis and pith helmets in a big cooking pot, depending on the joke that was trending at the time.:hihi:

Thank you so much Sharrowyank and Ontarian for your replies,yez,there were pith helmets etc,oh I can't tell you the relief that someone else remembers,there is Nothing about those characters online.

Yeah I take your point Jim, I just find it odd that it's not listed anywhere in the same way as your extensive 'Dandy' list, I have looked at Beezer and Topper lists but it's not included anywhere which I thought was weird !

Is it bad that I laughed at the name " Magic Bongo The Schoolboy From The Congo"

Is it bad that I laughed at the name " Magic Bongo The Schoolboy From The Congo"

Good name for a rock band tho', like Ian Drury & the Blockheads.