The Albert Ross Emporium

Does anyone know what's happening at the old Albert Ross Emporium on South Road, Walkley? It closed a few months ago and it's been semi cleared, but there's been no sign of any activity fo a while and no notices saying what the plans are. It's got great potential to make another contribution to Walkley's revival.

Does anyone know what's happening at the old Albert Ross Emporium on South Road, Walkley? It closed a few months ago and it's been semi cleared, but there's been no sign of any activity fo a while and no notices saying what the plans are. It's got great potential to make another contribution to Walkley's revival.

What was Albert Ross emporium? Can't remember seeing it

Always disappointed they never sold Gannet on a Stick.

3 new shop units, rebuilt building and houses on the land around the back. I believe it sold for ÂŁ50K more than the guide price.

Who has bought the old Methodist church though? It's been empty for several years

Good to see the Mayor opening the new print shop in Walkley this afternoon. Bit of a buzz around the area these days

3 new shop units, rebuilt building and houses on the land around the back. I believe it sold for ÂŁ50K more than the guide price.

Who has bought the old Methodist church though? It's been empty for several years

Good to see the Mayor opening the new print shop in Walkley this afternoon. Bit of a buzz around the area these days

This auction lot states that it sold after the auction for an undisclosed amount.

https://auctioneertemplates.eigroup.co.uk/LotDetails.aspx?LotID=848913&a=92&c=edm

I'm not sure of the date of the auction tho? It has been up at previous auctions without selling a number of times.

---------- Post added 14-10-2017 at 17:57 ----------

The plans for proposals can be found on the Sheffield planning application website.

The permission will have lapsed tho - it was originally granted in 2009, and then an extension was granted in 2012. This lasted another 3 years, and so will have lapsed again.

As the plan is for the building to be demolished and rebuilt, I hope that the replacement uses the same materials as the original, so that it doesn't look obviously new.

Thanks Ian, that's really helpful. Agree about the new Walkley Print Shop, it looks great and will do well. Really good watching the hipster duo doing some live music outside it this afternoon!

Thanks Ian, that's really helpful. Agree about the new Walkley Print Shop, it looks great and will do well. Really good watching the hipster duo doing some live music outside it this afternoon!

What kind of print shop is it? Prints as in art or a print shop that prints things?

Ian, regarding the empty Methodist church, I understand this is owned by the adjacent Wesley / Walkley Ebenezer Methodist Church. I was told that the Christ Church people from further down South Road had raised sufficient funds to buy and renovate the church, but that the Ebenezer Methodist Church had refused to sell on the grounds it would be confusing to have different denominations on adjoining sites. IMHO that’s a shame as it would have been another boost to our community. Also we’ve a good pedigree of successfully changing denominations in Walkley – look no further than the Buddhist Centre! Of course I could be wrong about this – maybe someone from the Ebenezer Church or the Christ Church could comment?

Guest makapaka
What kind of print shop is it? Prints as in art or a print shop that prints things?

Not been in but says “cards and gifts” on outside.

Certainly doesn’t look like a printing place like pinders or anything like that.

Are they demolishing or just refurbishing? Hopefully not totally demolishing.