Classifieds Temporarily Unavailable Read more... ×

Including a table in a post

This is a long shot, but I'd like to be able to post Local 6 League results in table format, ie Competitor, cumulative points and points this week. The information is sourced from columns in Excel. When I use cut and paste, the formatting disappears and the results are free-form.

Does anyone know of a way to retain the formatting?

Many thanks

Sadly table formatting doesn't work. A suggestion I have is to use a | after each score so that users could see the split that way?

Sadly table formatting doesn't work. A suggestion I have is to use a | after each score so that users could see the split that way?

Cheers m'dear.

It's a pity there's no table formatting. Whilst I'm grateful for your suggestion, I feel that this may just add further noise to an already 'busy' post. I noted on the Advanced option that HTML tags are available, and I'm wondering if this might provide the solution. I'll have a poke around and get back to you if it bears any fruit.

Thanks again.......

My suggestion would be by providing the tables / listings via HTML on your own personal web site, then providing a link to site url from forum, if that is allowed? I'm relatively new to SF so don't know.

My suggestion would be by providing the tables / listings via HTML on your own personal web site, then providing a link to site url from forum, if that is allowed? I'm relatively new to SF so don't know.

That's probably OK of you have your own website. Not everyone does......

That's probably OK of you have your own website. Not everyone does......

You could use code tags to get a fixed pitch font to retain some formatting. The table below is cut and pasted directly from a LibreOffice spreadsheet.

Name	Age	Height
Fred	23	1.8
Sally	45	1.75
Sam	56	1.87
Wendy	33	1.65

You could use code tags to get a fixed pitch font to retain some formatting. The table below is cut and pasted directly from a LibreOffice spreadsheet.

Name	Age	Height
Fred	23	1.8
Sally	45	1.75
Sam	56	1.87
Wendy	33	1.65

Thanks - have a look at the Predictions Local 6 League Standings sticky thread on Sheffield Football. Using HTML tags achieved what I wanted.