Crookes History

I think you are thinking of Steve kenney used to live in the waterworks houses at Redmires. Sadly died a few years ago. I think he was only 53.

I think you are thinking of Steve kenney used to live in the waterworks houses at Redmires. Sadly died a few years ago. I think he was only 53.

yes thats right, sorry couldn't remember his surname, sad to hear he's no longer with us.

.....and sing in the Sportsman and Crosspool Tavern :) Good bloke was Steve.

my gran and grandad lived on Longfield road for many years until there house burnt down in the early 70s. The were Victoria (Tora) and James (boy). My uncle Tony lived with them they had another son Arthur and 4 daughters Edith, Joan, Shiela, and my mum Betty

Not sure because I wasnt in the scouts .. we used to hang around the hall with some girls :D

Marie and Judith????

I think so. I have spoken with him on Crookes within the past year and he was fine. For those not "in" on this character, he was the scoutmaster at Crookes Congs Scouts - was it 144 Group?

Yes, 144th....and Jenks is a LEGEND.

my gran and grandad lived on Longfield road for many years until there house burnt down in the early 70s. The were Victoria (Tora) and James (boy). My uncle Tony lived with them they had another son Arthur and 4 daughters Edith, Joan, Shiela, and my mum Betty

Hi,

My grandparents lived opposite the house that got on fire. My mother told me of a girl called Tora, but I can't remember her surname; would it be possible for you to tell me her maiden name? I have some photo's of my mum with some kids off Longfield Rd. I wonder if it's the same Tora?

Regards Cal

my grandparents surname was morfitt

I knew a graham Morfit on Cobden View Road.

Hi,

Thank you, but I don't think it was Morfitt...I now think it may have been Hicks or Higgingbottom. On that side of the road was also Mr and Mrs Cook,

Mrs Wikeley. and Mr and Mrs Turner. My gramdma and grandad were called Farrand, and lived at No. 43.

Next door to them was Mr and Mrs Liversidge.

Regards ..

Cal.

Hi,

Thank you, but I don't think it was Morfitt...I now think it may have been Hicks or Higgingbottom. On that side of the road was also Mr and Mrs Cook,

Mrs Wikeley. and Mr and Mrs Turner. My gramdma and grandad were called Farrand, and lived at No. 43.

Next door to them was Mr and Mrs Liversidge.

Regards ..

Cal.

Are we talking about 43, Cobden View Road ?

Hi geoffusa,

No, it was 43 Longfield Road....sorry.

Regards

Cal.