Crookes History

Oh and believe it or not, he was the entertainment at my Wedding :-)

Think he would do my 60th next year ? Ha Ha

When I was 8 or 9 he used to pass our house on his way home from the gas

board , I used to rush into the house and put I'll Cry Instead on the record player, as if he could hear it.(Think he was my first crush) lol.

I'm sure he would but I think his rates might be just a little higher now :D

Just read most of the threads,and some of the names took me back to the Sunday football on the Bolehills.All day games with ever changing sides.

I remember some of the names,but have certainly forgot many more,but for starters Phil Adams,Pete Lonsdale, Phil and Steve Scothorne,the Harris twins,John Morley? and his dog Bruce ,Ron ? from Greenhow St, the Godbeheres and the Pickerings,Knocker-never did know his proper name,Tony Hughes,Mick Farley,Dennis ?, Benny.

Many more -any offers?

I suppose this wa mainly in the sixties or early seventies.

Also on the Joe Cocker shows,we used to follow him -Mucky Duck,Arbourthorne Hotel,Highcliffe Hotel and also at The Shades.Highlight for me was always his cover of Morning Dew,and wish that he had recorded it.

Just read most of the threads,and some of the names took me back to the Sunday football on the Bolehills.All day games with ever changing sides.

I remember some of the names,but have certainly forgot many more,but for starters Phil Adams,Pete Lonsdale, Phil and Steve Scothorne,the Harris twins,John Morley? and his dog Bruce ,Ron ? from Greenhow St, the Godbeheres and the Pickerings,Knocker-never did know his proper name,Tony Hughes,Mick Farley,Dennis ?, Benny.

Many more -any offers?

I suppose this wa mainly in the sixties or early seventies.

Also on the Joe Cocker shows,we used to follow him -Mucky Duck,Arbourthorne Hotel,Highcliffe Hotel and also at The Shades.Highlight for me was always his cover of Morning Dew,and wish that he had recorded it.

I remember National Underpants week at the Highcliffe :D

This couple named Greatbatch lived on Toyne Street, Crookes until 1951.

I believe they were related to Sydney Greatbatch and Ruby Greatbatch who people have kindly mentioned on here. Having been in touch with a distant Greatbatch, I seem to think that Ruby is still with us.

If my memory is correct they lived next door to a family named Cammack?

Duffems

Hi Ruby Greatbatch is still with us , as is her brother trevor . Sadly Phillip and Margeret have passed away . Sydney was thier dad

i was brought up on loxley view road from 1951 till i left to join up in 1970.my mother was born in this street also and my gran lived as a child in the chip shop yard at the bottom.can anyone tell me if there is a source of photagraphs of this time and place,

it would be good to hear from any one else from the old nabourhood.

Hi skippy

I can see that is Ruby [my sister in-law ] I will show her this picture.

Is there any more Greatbatchs in the picture I can't seem to pic em out?

Her sisters were Margaret ,Audrey brothers Philip and Trevor.

Were was it taken?

Hi Im a greatbatch and Phil was my father in law, Im trying to view the photo but cant seem to see it could anyone offer me any help in viewing the photo x

loxley viewer have been trying to find any one from westen rd sch 1925 -35 time your g/ mother or poss mom might fit the bill if so can you p/m me thanks

i was brought up on loxley view road from 1951 till i left to join up in 1970.my mother was born in this street also and my gran lived as a child in the chip shop yard at the bottom.can anyone tell me if there is a source of photagraphs of this time and place,

it would be good to hear from any one else from the old nabourhood.

I spent the first few months of my life living on Loxley View Road. No 36 I think.

I believe with my arrival my parents / grandparents qualified for a council house.

bit befor my time,i lived at 23 my mother at 46.i think a family called scott lived at 36 in my time.

Betty Crossland went to that school, lived in Bike shop - Crosslands Bikes on the main road and at bottom of Duncan Rd. She was my mum, sadly no longer with me, but I still have her school leaving report.