Crookes History

Hi

I have only just joined the forum,we lived on Crookes in the the old drinks shop just below the Ball inn. We were living there during the big Snow fall of 1948. I went to Sharrow Lane school and remember the old quarry on sharrow lane where there was an old guy that made a living selling firewood.

Do you remember Crosslands Bike shop on the main road, my grandparents owned it. Still have a photo of the shop. Think it was at the bottom of Duncan Road.

I did PM you but I'm new to this site so I hope I did it correctly.

Another bump in the hope that jaffa1 sees it. I didn't receive your pm, could you kindly send it again please, I'm unable to pm you.

Hi to all past Crookes residents

Hi wecome to the forum

Hi All,

I am new to this page and lived on Tasker Rd until 1966 then School Rd until 1975!!! When I left the area at the age of 24 to go and live with my husband.

My Mum and brother lived on School Rd until 1989 so I returned to the area many times to visit.

I attended St Joseph’s Primary School, Walkley and then St Paul’s, Granville Rd and start there the year that it opened.

I have really enjoyed viewing all the posts on here – it has really made me chuckle and brought back some fond memories. Posts that have stood out are the posts regarding the Kandy Kabin (With Dereck and Beryl)!!!

Great times!!! :-)

hi wondering if anyone remembers my mum she worked in the post office for

Mrs Brufton in the late 40s ish then went back 1966 for a few years

Her name was Audrey maiden name Brightmore

Hi,

Can anyone remember the Farrand family from Longfield Road?

Cal.

Another bump in the hope that jaffa1 sees it. I didn't receive your pm, could you kindly send it again please, I'm unable to pm you.

Hi Duffems

I've been looking through the paperwork of the ancesters which one of

the family has researched and it looks like Thomas was the brother of my ex husbands grandad.

I did have some printout of the family and the adopted boy but I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to find the site where I got the print out from.

I did send you a second PM but I will try again.

Hi Duffems

I've been looking through the paperwork of the ancesters which one of

the family has researched and it looks like Thomas was the brother of my ex husbands grandad.

I did have some printout of the family and the adopted boy but I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to find the site where I got the print out from.

I did send you a second PM but I will try again.

Hi jaffa1, many thanks for replying. I didn't receive your pm, could you send it again please?

This is an enigma which I've been trying to resolve for many years since my father died and I found he'd been "adopted".

Regards,

Duffems

This brought back a few memories for me after receiving it from an old class mate, May Day at Crookes Endowed, taken between 1958/62 ? I must have wagged it that day.

You would probably know a couple of these people DUFFEMS.

scan0034.jpg