SCC Council Tax Enquiry Line is Pointless

It's Modern Life I'm afraid.

No it is not modern life it is simply a contempt of their users/customers and should not be accepted as such

It's Modern Life I'm afraid.

It happens on loads of phonecalls to lots of place. It drives me up the wall.

It's getting harder and harder not only to contact people, but to actually get anyone to do something, and accept responsibility for it. They can just cut you off and hope that someone else gets the call next time. I'm always polite, but the people in call centres often don't seem to have the ability to deal with anything but the most basic issues - if your lucky...

Never had difficulty contacting NE Derbyshire. Sometimes youre on hold for a bit, but hardly ever had a problem. I occaisionally think about about moving over the border then see threads like these and think better of it!

I know that the service is run by Capita and that they have it for a fixed term which is renegotiable every 5 years or so.

I bet Capita are being paid the same amount as they did a few years ago but they are running a service run a skeleton crew to maximise profits.

Because no one is answering the phone.

Maybe there should be an investigation as to what sort of service they are providing in exchange for million of pounds of Sheffield tax payers money.

The service was brought back in house from 1 January 2017. The contact centre is run by Sheffield City Council

I actually went into Howden House to ask how the hell you are supposed to get in touch with the council, and whether the phoneline was even operational.....the reaction was cagey at best, and suggested to me that it wasn't.

Contact MPs is the way to go. Pass any problems with the council on to them, no matter how trivial they may be, just saying "I can't get in contact with the council". The more hassle they get, the more something may change.

Shameful service. Other councils are easy to get in touch with. Sheffield council is a disgrace.

Contact MPs is the way to go. Pass any problems with the council on to them, no matter how trivial they may be, just saying "I can't get in contact with the council". The more hassle they get, the more something may change.

MPs deal with national issues. For local or Council issues, you can contact your local councillor. see http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx

Never had difficulty contacting NE Derbyshire. Sometimes youre on hold for a bit, but hardly ever had a problem. I occaisionally think about about moving over the border then see threads like these and think better of it!

Thanks - a bit exteem given that this is the first time I have tried to do anything like this in many years.

Does make you wonder though if they benchmark themselves against other authorities and if so what do they do

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 10:53 ----------

The service was brought back in house from 1 January 2017. The contact centre is run by Sheffield City Council

From what I recall from some work I did some 6 or 7 years ago the service used to have an excellent reputation

MPs deal with national issues. For local or Council issues, you can contact your local councillor. see http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx

Not true in the slightest. They are there to represent you. I have contacted my MP here and when I have lived elsewhere regarding local issues- they have always sorted the problem out.

Contacting a councilor regarding the inability of the council to function to the bare minimum of standards is utterly pointless. Defeats the whole point of making a complaint. Go above their heads- they have proved they are useless.

Shameful service. Other councils are easy to get in touch with. Sheffield council is a disgrace.

But the good people of Sheffield voted for this Labour City Council :roll:

Not true in the slightest. They are there to represent you. I have contacted my MP here and when I have lived elsewhere regarding local issues- they have always sorted the problem out.

My MP has not even bothered to respond to this issue perhaps he does not travel by tram

I actually went into Howden House to ask how the hell you are supposed to get in touch with the council, and whether the phoneline was even operational.....the reaction was cagey at best, and suggested to me that it wasn't.

Im just gonna stop paying my bill. Im sure they'll get in touch soon enough :thumbsup:

My MP has not even bothered to respond to this issue perhaps he does not travel by tram

What has travelling by tram got to do with the council tax enquiry line?!

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 15:29 ----------

Im just gonna stop paying my bill. Im sure they'll get in touch soon enough :thumbsup:

Yep. They'll send you an aggressive demand, asking that you contact them asap...and you can't get hold of them so the cycle continues! A joke of a council.

Contacting a councilor regarding the inability of the council to function to the bare minimum of standards is utterly pointless. Defeats the whole point of making a complaint. Go above their heads- they have proved they are useless.

Not all councillors are the same!