The State Of Our Roads: Heeley + Gleadless

Anyone here use Abney Road for access to Gleadless Road or Callow Mount ?

I defy anyone to tell me there is a worse road in Sheffield.......full of pot holes, nearly shakes my car apart even at 10 miles per hour.

Side roads around Heeley and Arbourthorne have been resurfaced - Abney Road is a bus route and not been touched.

Roads constructed by the Romans must have been better to travel on then what we have now...............what's happened to Amey doing them.............not seen them about for ages ?

My sentiments exactly, I spoke to radio Sheffield about running a topic with Toby Foster to find out why and what is happening as I have not seen one road this summer being resurfaced. Now winter is heading our way that will be another 7-8 months no work will be completed.

Have you tried going up Leighton Road? It's a nightmare and has been for years. It's like being off road in your car and If I am on my motorcycle I avoid it altogether!

Have you tried going up Leighton Road? It's a nightmare and has been for years. It's like being off road in your car and If I am on my motorcycle I avoid it altogether!

Yes I have to drive it daily... I have started driving down blackstock and via constable to get around. Steering knocks now...

Have a look at Meersbrook Park road sometime. As bad as it gets- only a matter of time before it causes a serious accident.

YET AGAIN the council being absolutely lousy. do we have the worst in the country?!

Why aren't the council forcing Amey to get on with this?

Have you been on the road going in to woodhouse from normanton hill where the working mans club is got to be the worst road in sheffield:gag:

Amey still seem to be doing road surfacing, according to their Twitter feed. It does feel like they've slowed down though.

Amey still seem to be doing road surfacing, according to their Twitter feed. It does feel like they've slowed down though.

Indeed it does, judging by the lack of complaints on here about road closures