Were you ever sexually harassed at work ?

Guest makapaka
If it did bother you and you asked them to stop but they didn't how would you have responded?

I don’t know how to answer that because it didn’t really bother me I suppose.

I was a 17 year old lad and I just kinda laughed it off. It’s not anything that’s affected me or anything.

It never crossed my mind to go and say to the gaffer that Gail was grabbing my bum in the kitchen.

I don’t know how to answer that because it didn’t really bother me I suppose.

I was a 17 year old lad and I just kinda laughed it off. It’s not anything that’s affected me or anything.

It never crossed my mind to go and say to the gaffer that Gail was grabbing my bum in the kitchen.

Did you ever try doing it back, and if so,what happened, and if not, what do you think would have happened ?

Guest makapaka
Did you ever try doing it back, and if so,what happened, and if not, what do you think would have happened ?

No - i didn’t try and do it back.

I find it strange no one has really condemned these sex attacks,is it because its mostly by women?

I used to enjoy the attention ( read in to that what you like) I think we were made of sterner stuff back then and when we had our monthly night out I used to do the walk of shame on a regular basis. :)

I find it strange no one has really condemned these sex attacks,is it because its mostly by women?

I wouldn’t call them “ sex attacks” but yes I think they would be less likely to be reported if done by a woman. Wrong all the same though.

I would condemn them whether they were committed by a man or a woman. There is no OK way to sexually assault someone.

It's down to the individual as to whether they were harassment, assault or just part of their working day which they ignored though.

I would condemn them whether they were committed by a man or a woman. There is no OK way to sexually assault someone.

It's down to the individual as to whether they were harassment, assault or just part of their working day which they ignored though.

Correct. ! :thumbsup:

Interesting how a serious subject has just become a “ titillating” thread !

I’ll get me coat

---------- Post added 14-10-2017 at 08:04 ----------

Would it be wrong to interpret women having a laugh at a blokes expense, double entendres , smutty comments, as light hearted banter but males doing it as a bit more sinister ? Or am I being naive ?

It used to be all part of life where i worked in the eighties.It could be seen as sexual harrassment nowadays but the girls were worse than the blokes.I even got my backside felt by one of the directors wives.I loved work back then.:thumbsup:

I’ll get me coat

Would it be wrong to interpret women having a laugh at a blokes expense, double entendres , smutty comments, as light hearted banter but males doing it as a bit more sinister ? Or am I being naive ?

I think you have a good point here.

I’ll get me coat

No youre not being naĂŻve