Were you ever sexually harassed at work ?

Now that old Weinstein is in the news every day it got me wondering how many women have been sexually harassed at work but never said anything .

Years ago before I went nursing I worked in an office where it was rife . The married men were worse than the single men. They used to nip your bottom or squeeze your tits. Non of the women ever reported it. I got my com uppance however when nursing. I flirted with this gorgeous looking male nurse who told me “ Sorry Pat but I’m gay ! “:hihi:

I think most would say that way back when it was common place and accepted.

So was drinking several pints at lunchtime and getting back to work, or having several after and driving home.

Heck, I used to work in a very busy fruit and veg shop which employed about 8 women.

As a young lad it was my job to fill the rapidly emptying shelves. I used to get felt up on a daily basis and was the butt of many lewd and sexual innuendos.

When I was apprentice there was a lot of women on the shop floor who's hands used to wonder.

Years ago I started at a new job. The manager was a women who ruled with an iron fist. She was fine with me in fact we got on really well. At the first works Christmas do I went to she had a few too many and tried it on. I was married (happily at the time) and was just not interested and thought she got the message. She didn't. Anyway, after the Christmas break I went back and got all the crappy jobs, stuff that was not in my job description but I did them anyway. One Friday I was called into her office, I was due my review so thought It was just that but no. She was annoyed about what had or rather had not happened at the Christmas party and made it clear that what she wanted she got. The next 6 months was horrific until I left the company and got a job elsewhere.

I kept in touch with a few people from that place and over the next year or so I was told about all the men she had bullied, harassed and generally made their lives hell until she got what she wanted. I was glad I left If im honest. Her problem was that because she was attractive (very attractive as it goes) she thought she could have anyone she wanted. Im not male model, average looking at best but I joined that firm and more importantly left that firm with my pride and morals intact.

Now that old Weinstein is in the news every day it got me wondering how many women have been sexually harassed at work but never said anything .

Years ago before I went nursing I worked in an office where it was rife . The married men were worse than the single men. They used to nip your bottom or squeeze your tits. Non of the women ever reported it. I got my com uppance however when nursing. I flirted with this gorgeous looking male nurse who told me “ Sorry Pat but I’m gay ! “:hihi:

Oh dear pat, you never have much luck do you. first you walk into lamp posts with your nose in the air, then its the doctor whose wig flew of, now this, not to mention the peeping tom who did a runner.

When I was apprentice there was a lot of women on the shop floor who's hands used to wonder.

What did their hands wonder? Where it was perhaps?;)

Oh dear pat, you never have much luck do you. first you walk into lamp posts with your nose in the air, then its the doctor whose wig flew of, now this, not to mention the peeping tom who did a runner.

Yes, I know. Even touting for business on the Town Hall steps, they wanted their money back ! :mad:

What did their hands wonder? Where it was perhaps?;)

What's an a between posters.

Here are a few I get from the ladies in the office (serious).

1/ Why don't you wear a nice tight t-shirt?

2/ He's got a lovely bum.

3/ Do you mind me copying the photo of you with your top off for my own personal pleasure?

4/ Is it ok to come and work right besides you? (very tight space).

5/ It's hot in here, why don't you undo a few buttons on your shirt.

6/ Going to miss you when you're on annual leave, there is nobody else to ogle.

7/ Too rude to post.

8/ Too rude to comment.

9/ Absolutely too filthy to comment.

10/ This one is outrageous. Fruit is for eating.:P

I'm 49 and get this from ladies in their 30s. They're like dogs on heat, and they don't give a fig that they're in relationships.

To be honest......I don't mind.

Guest makapaka

When I was a young lad and just started work were two women in our accounts department who would occasionally follow me into the kitchen when I was making a cup of tea and grab my bum n stuff laughing their heads off.

It never really bothered me but suppose that would get reported these days.

That would have been around mid 90’s time.

Yes, and me as pure as the driven slush ! :roll: