Want to see some injustice in regards to council tax?

There's probably a higher proportion of non-dom's with property in K&C than Sheffield who don't give HMRC a bean but use services in this country as well as more people who benefitted from a free university education before happily pulling that ladder up and enjoying non-means tested winter fuel payments.

Stats for that?

I've been in SW London many, many times, and I'd say it's not vastly different in the areas I've been to Sheffield, in terms of diversity.

As for people contributing - well the people I know in that area earn a lot, and are 45% tax payers, so contribute a lot. I live in S2, and there are a lot of folk here who certainly don't give HMRC a bean, but use the services quite significantly!

This just really isn't an issue for me. So some people in London pay less than us for one thing. So what quite frankly. Good luck to them.

If you want to know where your money goes look here: Council Tax

Where's the section detailing how much they <removed> up the wall due to inefficiency and waste ??? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

You might be right.....so it's poor areas paying more to help the poor?

I don't know- this has really got to me. It bothers me massively.

It's the local area paying for money to be spent locally.

Stats for that?

I've been in SW London many, many times, and I'd say it's not vastly different in the areas I've been to Sheffield, in terms of diversity.

As for people contributing - well the people I know in that area earn a lot, and are 45% tax payers, so contribute a lot. I live in S2, and there are a lot of folk here who certainly don't give HMRC a bean, but use the services quite significantly!

This just really isn't an issue for me. So some people in London pay less than us for one thing. So what quite frankly. Good luck to them.

So what? Good luck to them?

Do you follow the news? How many of these lovely lot detailed in this article "give HMRC a bean"? Not to mention as to why a £16 million property has such a low council tax.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-kensington-council-rbkc-wealthy-owners-vacant-properties-survivors-hotels-temporary-a7871991.html

So what? Good luck to them?

Do you follow the news? How many of these lovely lot detailed in this article "give HMRC a bean"? Not to mention as to why a £16 million property has such a low council tax.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-kensington-council-rbkc-wealthy-owners-vacant-properties-survivors-hotels-temporary-a7871991.html

Yep, and I'm still not worried.

Their council needs x amount of money raising from council tax. They raise it. They spend it on things for their borough. Job done.

Our council is useless, and wastes money. They need to raise more. They charge us more.

I have more pressing concerns about things happening in Sheffield to be honest.

I'm confused, are you saying that Sheffield City Council should lower council tax or Kensington & Chelsea should raise theirs?

Yep, and I'm still not worried.

Their council needs x amount of money raising from council tax. They raise it. They spend it on things for their borough. Job done.

Our council is useless, and wastes money. They need to raise more. They charge us more.

I have more pressing concerns about things happening in Sheffield to be honest.

Well I'd certainly agree about Sheffield council being useless and wasting money! What other concerns are there at the moment in your opinion? I'd say most of Sheffield's problems come from the council. I've often wondered if it's possible for people in Sheffield to launch a vote of no confidence in them- I've never known a council as bad.

Well I'd certainly agree about Sheffield council being useless and wasting money! What other concerns are there at the moment in your opinion? I'd say most of Sheffield's problems come from the council. I've often wondered if it's possible for people in Sheffield to launch a vote of no confidence in them- I've never known a council as bad.

And on that, I 110% agree with you! They're useless.

For me, crime and traffic here are the main two concerns personally. As you say, the Council certainly have an impact on one of those.

Sadly, Sheffield will continue to vote in these people regardless. They could literally have a massive sign over the town hall saying "We hate Sheffield" and they would be re-elected.

And on that, I 110% agree with you! They're useless.

For me, crime and traffic here are the main two concerns personally. As you say, the Council certainly have an impact on one of those.

Sadly, Sheffield will continue to vote in these people regardless. They could literally have a massive sign over the town hall saying "We hate Sheffield" and they would be re-elected.

This is the problem though- I vote Labour, because I agree with them on a national level, and I like my local MP who is Labour.....but the council are also Labour, and are obviously awful.

It makes you feel really useless- like there is literally nothing you can do to make things better.

This is the problem though- I vote Labour, because I agree with them on a national level, and I like my local MP who is Labour.....but the council are also Labour, and are obviously awful.

It makes you feel really useless- like there is literally nothing you can do to make things better.

That's the state of politics at the moment sadly.

I can't stand either Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn. (I leave out the Lib Dems as they are unlikely to have any chance). I like some of the policies of the main two, but dislike a lot also.

I can't remember a time in my years that the main parties have been so awful. It's rather depressing. I voted simply based on one policy that would affect me the most that one party would introduce that the other wouldn't.

K&C has a population of about 157,000. Sheffield has a population of about 547,000.

K&C say they will spend £409 million in 2017/18. They need to raise £76 million in council tax.

https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/council-tax/what-we-spend

Sheffield spends £1.3 billion, and will raise £183 million from council tax.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/council-tax/check-my-band/Council%20Tax%20Leaflet%202017-18.pdf

Compare K&C and SHF and other cities here:

http://lginform.local.gov.uk/reports/view/lga-research/lga-research-report-headline-report-for-london-boroughs-bar-charts?mod-area=E09000020&mod-group=Core_English_Cities&mod-type=namedComparisonGroup

Well if you vote Labour, you get Labour. If you don't vote Labour, you might still get Labour - it depends where you live. but some people vote Green Party - and Green Party councillors get elected.