Want to see some injustice in regards to council tax?

You'd also need to know how many households fall in to each band. The majority of Sheffield houses might be in band A and Chelsea band E. From the figures it looks like they raise more per person in council tax than we do.

Well I'd certainly agree about Sheffield council being useless and wasting money! What other concerns are there at the moment in your opinion? I'd say most of Sheffield's problems come from the council. I've often wondered if it's possible for people in Sheffield to launch a vote of no confidence in them- I've never known a council as bad.

You don't need to. You can vote them out. For whatever reason the people of Sheffield seem to decide they are happy with the council and reelect them.

You don't need to. You can vote them out. For whatever reason the people of Sheffield seem to decide they are happy with the council and reelect them.

Sheffield residents seem to vote in Labour year after year. I honestly don't think many of them realise exactly what they are voting for, or maybe its because they just hate the Conservatives so much?

When it comes to politics I strongly believe that change in power is a good thing, regardless of your political persuasion, otherwise a party becomes too complacent. Im no fan of the tories, but id vote for them in Sheffield over Labour any day, just to change the status quo.

Sheffield residents seem to vote in Labour year after year. I honestly don't think many of them realise exactly what they are voting for, or maybe its because they just hate the Conservatives so much?

When it comes to politics I strongly believe that change in power is a good thing, regardless of your political persuasion, otherwise a party becomes too complacent. Im no fan of the tories, but id vote for them in Sheffield over Labour any day, just to change the status quo.

Absolutely right. At this stage ANYTHING has to be better than what we have.

I think as you say, people don't realize what they are voting for. I'm a Labout voter, but I despise our Labour council. They have to go.

You might be right.....so it's poor areas paying more to help the poor?

I don't know- this has really got to me. It bothers me massively.

I agree. I live in an ex council house 2 up 2 down and I pay £110 a month. It's disgusting.

you might be onto summat there.

We don’t vote for the best party here in Sheff; we vote for the least-worst

Yes, but that wouldn't make any difference. The Tories have no real presence in Sheffield and no councillors. So under the current voting system, voting for a Conservative in a local election makes no difference.

The political parties on Sheffield Council are Labour, LibDem, Green and UKIP.

you might be onto summat there.

We don’t vote for the best party here in Sheff; we vote for the least-worst

So which Party is the least best, who should the masses vote for then.

Angel1.

So which Party is the least best, who should the masses vote for then.

Angel1.

UKIP, to my mind, are the least best as they espouse hatred and rely on finger pointing at minority groups to garner support.

There are no masses, we are all individuals and vote accordingly.