Royal Hallamshire & the A floor cafe.

Rotherham DGH has a Costa, M&S food and Boots, as well as a florist and a dress shop. If the income helps the hospital, then IMO it's a good move.

Don't confuse the boots branch with the hospital pharmacy.

You cant use GP prescriptions in the hospital pharmacy and you can't use Hospital prescriptions in Boots Chemist.

Boots is just a branch of boots same as you would find in the high street. It isn't replacing the main hospital pharmacy.

Really? I think you have got that wrong. The hospital pharmacy seems to have disappeared, hospital prescriptions are now serviced by the Boot's shop, you queue along with all the other customers.

Really? I think you have got that wrong. The hospital pharmacy seems to have disappeared, hospital prescriptions are now serviced by the Boot's shop, you queue along with all the other customers.

I've just checked and the information I have found says that Boots at the RHH is for outpatient prescriptions so clearly the main pharmacy still has a desk somewhere. It certainly does at the NGH

I've just checked and the information I have found says that Boots at the RHH is for outpatient prescriptions so clearly the main pharmacy still has a desk somewhere. It certainly does at the NGH

I think as you say, Boots for outpatients. If you don't want to queue, take it to any community pharmacy?

In patient will be dealt with in the RHH pharmacy which is completely separate.

Outpatient prescriptions issued by the RHH are certainly processed on site by the Boots operation - I don't know whether there is a separate NHS pharmacy as well or whether Boots process the inpatient prescriptions too.

I am under the care of the RHH presently and I can confirm that whilst there is a branch of Boots there is also a large hospital pharmacy on the same floor. This provides all the meds for the inpatients and its where I also went to get my prescriptions as an out patient.

I don't care how big an improvement has been made to the entrance of the NGH, I'd much rather put my life in the hands of the staff at the RHH.

That's a little unfortunate since there are huge and exciting changes in the pipeline within STH and the RHH doesn't figure very much in any of them.

The RHH building is old and outdated and not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

Surely any improvements to the hospital environment which makes patients and relatives experience more positive is a good thing ? Or are you one of those people who don't like change even when they are for the better ?

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 19:03 ----------

I think as you say, Boots for outpatients. If you don't want to queue, take it to any community pharmacy?

In patient will be dealt with in the RHH pharmacy which is completely separate.

Outpatients prescriptions cannot be taken to a community pharmacy - they have to be dispensed within the hospital.

There is a pharmacy at RHH for inpatients and a huge one at NGH.

Edited by Daven

That's a little unfortunate since there are huge and exciting changes in the pipeline within STH and the RHH doesn't figure very much in any of them.

The RHH building is old and outdated and not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

Surely any improvements to the hospital environment which makes patients and relatives experience more positive is a good thing ? Or are you one of those people who don't like change even when they are for the better ?

Outpatients prescriptions cannot be taken to a community pharmacy - they have to be dispensed within the hospital.

There is a pharmacy at RHH for inpatients and a huge one at NGH.

Maybe he lives in the side of the city nearest RHH. I had the misfortune to have to use the A and E at the NGH recently. Great care, but a grim place.

The minor injuries centre at RHH was closed for the night, but it offers a very good service when it is open.

Maybe he lives in the side of the city nearest RHH. I had the misfortune to have to use the A and E at the NGH recently. Great care, but a grim place.

The minor injuries centre at RHH was closed for the night, but it offers a very good service when it is open.

Indeed it does but the NGH houses the major trauma centre for the city . How can a place that treats critically ill people be anything but 'grim'?

Bit like the Pharmacy. The hospital used to run it's own, but now a branch of Boot's the Chemist's seems to have sprung-up in the middle of the hospital and you have to queue with the rest of the customers - bizarre!

Possibly this does generate income, but I do not like it and find it disturbing.

No you don't, the pharmacy queue and the shop queue are separate..

I don't care how big an improvement has been made to the entrance of the NGH, I'd much rather put my life in the hands of the staff at the RHH.

Depends what your life is threatened by. My OH has twice had life saving open heart surgery at the NGH. The Cardiothoracic dept at NGH is highly rated.

Well if you require hospital admission for something, you should try and make sure it's within the specialties treated at RHH then.

Try not to have a heart attack, won't you...