Royal Hallamshire & the A floor cafe.

If the rent paid by Costa exceeds the profits given back to the hospital what's the problem?

I completely agree.

Whatever "profits" the WVRS was making I strongly suspect the lease charges to Costa far exceed it. Its a fantastic way for the hospital to top up their ever dwindling monies and will provide a service and quality to customers that is clearly in demand.

If I was a patient or even a visitor, given the choice between a costa snack and a hospital refectory snack there is only one clear choice.

There a lots of other things the volunteers can do in and around a hospital so those who still want to do something can.

If I was a patient or even a visitor, given the choice between a costa snack and a hospital refectory snack there is only one clear choice.

but what about us cheapskate Sheffielders who want to pay as little as possible for our snacks :confused:

What are we gonna do now :huh:

but what about us cheapskate Sheffielders who want to pay as little as possible for our snacks :confused:

What are we gonna do now :huh:

Take your own snacks in. It is your choice.

Good news. The Hallamshire ground floor is a fairly awful entrance to a big city hospital and the rest of the building isn't great for the visitor. Anything that takes your mind off the tedium of waiting for a lift has to be an improvement.

There a lots of other things the volunteers can do in and around a hospital so those who still want to do something can.

They can volunteer for Costa! Problem solved :D

Bit like the Pharmacy. The hospital used to run it's own, but now a branch of Boot's the Chemist's seems to have sprung-up in the middle of the hospital and you have to queue with the rest of the customers - bizarre!

Possibly this does generate income, but I do not like it and find it disturbing.

you have to queue with the rest of the customers - bizarre!

You don't have to queue, you can leave your prescription and come back.

You don't have to queue, you can leave your prescription and come back.

but what would we Sheffielders have to complain about, if we didn’t have to queue ?

the one at the northern general seems to be very good

I have been told that the RVS coffee shop in the Chesterman reception at NGH is closing.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 22:35 ----------

Good news. The Hallamshire ground floor is a fairly awful entrance to a big city hospital and the rest of the building isn't great for the visitor. Anything that takes your mind off the tedium of waiting for a lift has to be an improvement.

The recent building and improvements to NGH entrance near to the new helipad have certainly left RHH behind.

The recent building and improvements to NGH entrance near to the new helipad have certainly left RHH behind.

I don't care how big an improvement has been made to the entrance of the NGH, I'd much rather put my life in the hands of the staff at the RHH.

Bit like the Pharmacy. The hospital used to run it's own, but now a branch of Boot's the Chemist's seems to have sprung-up in the middle of the hospital and you have to queue with the rest of the customers - bizarre!

Possibly this does generate income, but I do not like it and find it disturbing.

Don't confuse the boots branch with the hospital pharmacy.

You cant use GP prescriptions in the hospital pharmacy and you can't use Hospital prescriptions in Boots Chemist.

Boots is just a branch of boots same as you would find in the high street. It isn't replacing the main hospital pharmacy.

I'd choose an independent cafè any day, especially a charitable organisation, over a Costa or any of the chains. It's sad that the NHS is now reliant on deals with such companies.