We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Banter at work - views on it?

Now we're talking. We might as well get some banter going in this virtual workplace also you great big offal eating goat herder (no offence to great big people, offal eaters, people who herd any kind of animal or goats)

Oh great. Cheers pal. I read your banter just then and quite liked it so I thought I’d try it out on the CEO when I saw her in the canteen. I crept up on her from behind and blurted “nah then, the offal munching big boss monster is in da house!”. Sadly, this caused her to spill the tea she was making and now I must attend a special disciplinary meeting on Friday. That’ll ruin my weekend no doubt.

Oh great. Cheers pal. I read your banter just then and quite liked it so I thought I’d try it out on the CEO when I saw her in the canteen. I crept up on her from behind and blurted “nah then, the offal munching big boss monster is in da house!”. Sadly, this caused her to spill the tea she was making and now I must attend a special disciplinary meeting on Friday. That’ll ruin my weekend no doubt.

CEO = can eat offal, seems more of an observation than an insult. If she can't accept who she really is then she deserves to lose some tea. You'd be better off leaving I'd say.

CEO = can eat offal, seems more of an observation than an insult. If she can't accept who she really is then she deserves to lose some tea. You'd be better off leaving I'd say.

You know what – I never had a clue what it stood for. We live in a world suffused with acronyms and unnecessary abbrevs that I just let them wash over my head (so to speak). Thanks for learning me something new today. I’ll let you off for getting me done I suppose.

Office bantz is alright until things start to escalate. "Back in the day" as a young man, me and my mate at work (boring office job) went to ever increasing lengths to put the other one off when they were on he phone. The culminated in me receiving a proper good dead arm resulting in a sharp yelp, and a bruise. My revenge came later that day as I launched a successful flying-knee dead leg as he was trying to chat up the lass in accounts. He yelped a whole lot and rolled on the floor. I laughed a bit but less so when I realised the boss clocked he whole thing. We got told off and he said he wanted to sack me which was a bit mean.

“It’s only banter” is usually the cop out phrase to excuse offensive or bullying behaviour.

If someone finds remarks offensive then by definition it is offensive.

If the comments are intended to embarrass then why would you want to do this.

I’m sure that Richard Keys and Andy Gray thought that their crass behaviour was just lads banter,and similarly President Trump.

As the saying goes you don’t make yourself look big by making others feel small.

“It’s only banter” is usually the cop out phrase to excuse offensive or bullying behaviour.

If someone finds remarks offensive then by definition it is offensive.

If the comments are intended to embarrass then why would you want to do this.

I’m sure that Richard Keys and Andy Gray thought that their crass behaviour was just lads banter,and similarly President Trump.

As the saying goes you don’t make yourself look big by making others feel small.

Couldn't agree more, these 'banterers' soon shut up if it's they who are targeted